Internet "Favourites" Forwarder Channels

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by XFlak, Dec 31, 2009.

Dec 31, 2009
  1. XFlak
    OP

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    Internet "Favourites" Forwarder Channels

these channels are capable of launching a specific website via the internet channel (so you must have the internet channel on your wii for this to work).

cwstjdenobs and I have modified the "bootopera" source code so that the specific website is embedded in the channel/dol [as opposed to referencing an external config file like boot opera did, thus we've made it possible to insert the binary (dol) into a channel (wad)]

The modified source code is available here. To customize it, just open the template.pnproj with programmers notepad (install devkit pro), and open main.c and change line 12 to the URL of your choice. Then "make" your modified binary (dol), now this can be launched via homebrew (or your preferred method), but now it can also be inserted into a channel/wad using Leathl's "customize mii" application.

GBAtemp.net Channel
    (the GBAtemp.net Channel has the following URL embedded --> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=108)
    No video (yet), but here is a screenshot of the channel, the logo is animated (the channel is based on the wadder base wad 2)

Warning: Spoilers inside!

3 Different Youtube Channels
    they all direct to "youtube.com/xl"

G-MAIL Channel
    directs to "mail.google.com"

Hotmail Channels
    directs to "hotmail.com"

Facebook Internet Forwarder
    directs to "http://touch.facebook.com"

I'm pretty busy now, but if there are any requests for other Internet "Favourites" Forwarder Channels let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Requested Internet "Favourites" Forwarder Dols

So I finally got arounded to responsing to ALL the requests in this thread. I didn't make channels for each website, but these dols can be inserted into a channel using customize mii to launch the embedded website (internet channel required). Or the dol can be launched as is via the homebrew channel.

note that I have only tested the gbatemp and youtube dols/channels and they worked fine. The following should work the same, but as always, make sure u have proper brick protection in place (especially if you made the channel yourself and for the first time).

www.psp-hacks.com

www.ebay.comwww.itv.comit/vplayer

www.itv.comit/vplayer

demand.five.tv/home.aspx

www.channel4.com/programmes/tags/more4

www.iraqgoals.net

wiibrew.org

mail.google.com

www.wiihacks.com

hotmail.com

nintendo.joystiq.com/tag/@wii

www.facebook.com

m.facebook.com

touch.facebook.com

www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/index.html

news.bbc.co.uk/low

m.yahoo.com

wapedia.mobi/en

en.m.wikipedia.org

mobile.uk.msn.com/device/default.aspx

mobile.uk.msn.com/elink.aspx?lab=&h=jml7v2ve&elk=http%3A%2F%2Fm.mail.live.com%2F%3Fmkt%3Den-gb%26is%3D2160

www.youtube.com/xl

m.thetrainline.com/dsb/timetable/jsp/mobile_portal.jsp

m.hotukdeals.com

www.finetune.com/wii

wiicade.com

http://mycast.orb.com.dol

spacepimp likes this.

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Could also be done for flash games, making them open full screen [​IMG]

3. megahunter

Newcomer megahunter Advanced Member

Sweden
    how bout a youtube forwarder?

4. SifJar

United Kingdom
    FYI, the source you posted is broken in someway. Trying to make it doesn't work.

5. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Here you go, something I just whipped up. The banner is very basic, and I haven't tested it yet, so make sure you have protection (i.e. BootMii/boot2 or at worst preloader/priiloader), but it should be safe. This is my first ever custom channel and I didn't spend long on it, so don't complain too much if its crap. It directs to "youtube.com/xl" which is a version of youtube optimized for TV viewing via Wii and PS3. Here's the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?munjzywmurn

(OP feel free to add this to first post if you want)

6. XFlak
    OP

Canada
    @ SifJar, I am 100% positive that the source is not broken, it is exactly what I just used less than an hour ago, maybe try "clean" before "make", if it still doesn't work, it could be the libogc u r using

edit: i guess u managed to get it working, once some1 reports that your channel is working I will add it to the first post or make my own youtube channel and post both (I'll test it if I get around to it, but this week is crazy busy for all of us!)

edit2: tested your youtube channel, works perfectly and I've added it to the first post

7. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Well, whenever I tried to "make" it, it went into an endless "make clean" loop. It was weird. It worked fine when I edited the source myself and made the channel I posted above, so its not my devkitPro or libogc installation.

8. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Made a new, more advanced nicer looking YouTube channel. Same dol as before, but nicer looking (I hope, haven't actually tested it either). Its based on leathl's MPlayer CE forwarder, I replaced some images and left others, I think it should be quite nice. Here's the link: [link removed, better version in first post]

9. Toader

Member Toader GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can you do one for www.ebay.com and another one for www.psp-hacks.com Thanks!!!!

10. XFlak
    OP

Canada
    Hey, i just tested your new channel, no offense but it looks shitty (great effort though!), you didn't do a great job of erasing the white background behind the youtube letters (so there are random white blotches everywhere). I've used yours as a template and cleaned it up a lot. I will modify the first post with a link to the edited channel later

11. SifJar

United Kingdom
    Sorry. I didn't spend very long on it and must have missed bits of the white. I dont have brick protection on my wii currently so couldn't test it. Thanks for fixing it up. Did you change any other graphics or just erase the white blotches?

12. steves334

Newcomer steves334 Advanced Member

United States
    nice job but can u erase that little bit of white inside the O of yOutube

13. XFlak
    OP

Canada
    @ SifJar, I started from scratch with the youtube logo, i got a higher quality youtube logo image from google images and used the photoshop "magicwand" to select/delete the white background

@steves334, just re-read your post, i'll erase the white from inside O when i get a chance, hopefully later today. When I do I'll edit the first post, so keep your eyes peeled

@ both of u, do you mind editing your messages to remove the mediafire link to the old blotchy channel so others stop downloading that one by accident?

14. steves334

Newcomer steves334 Advanced Member

United States
    [​IMG]

15. XFlak
    OP

Canada
  16. SifJar

United Kingdom
    WOW. I never knew of the function of "MagicWand" before. I am amazed, thank you so much for telling me this. I have often thought it would be handy if there was a tool you could use to select all of a single coloured background to then delete (I use Paint.NET, not Photoshop, but the tool exists in both and has the same function). Thank you, that is very useful to know.

17. broksonic

Member broksonic GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Would it be possible to do one to www.iraqgoals.net. To be able to watch live premiership matches

18. geedub

Member geedub GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
  19. WhyoWhy

Newcomer WhyoWhy Newbie

United States
    I have a question,
    I have Programmer's notepad and devkit pro on my p/c.
    I've downloaded your source in an attempt to modify it... maybe you could help me out?

What I've done...
    I open p/n and through p/n I open template.pnproj and main.c. From there, I modify the URL, which is on the 12h line, to one of my choice (My School - school project - lol).

What I'm confused about is how to compile it from there. What to do from that point to create a .dol or .elf.

Any advice/steps?

Thanks in advance

20. XFlak
    OP

Canada
    tools --> clean, then tools --> make

if it fails, try using a different libogc