OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Internet "Favourites" Forwarder Channels

NOTE MANY OF MY OLD LINKS ARE BROKEN, BUT ALL THE FILES (AND MORE) CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM HERE (updated Jan 2021): https://www.mediafire.com/folder/yexq9o1k45v6f/Internet+Forwarders or here https://mega.nz/folder/Jo4gxIQS#YwIR1ZChDxzNcmVfDdGCHQ
*Note: mediafire and mega both have channels, but only mediafire has stand-alone dols (26 in total at the time of this writing)

these channels are capable of launching a specific website via the internet channel (so you must have the internet channel on your wii for this to work).

cwstjdenobs and I have modified the "bootopera" source code so that the specific website is embedded in the channel/dol [as opposed to referencing an external config file like boot opera did, thus we've made it possible to insert the binary (dol) into a channel (wad)]

The modified source code is available here. To customize it, just open the template.pnproj with programmers notepad (install devkit pro), and open main.c and change line 12 to the URL of your choice. Then "make" your modified binary (dol), now this can be launched via homebrew (or your preferred method), but now it can also be inserted into a channel/wad using Leathl's "customize mii" application.

GBAtemp.net Channel
(the GBAtemp.net Channel has the following URL embedded --> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=108)
No video (yet), but here is a screenshot of the channel, the logo is animated (the channel is based on the wadder base wad 2)

4l0cpy.png

3 Different Youtube Channels
they all direct to "youtube.com/xl"
JJ-KwiK's Youtube Channel
**This is a generic pic. This channel is an animated Channel. The actual channel looks similar to the pic except it's ANIMATED!**
tempyoutubebanner.png

Animated Youtube Channel
by xflak40 and SifJar (based on leathl's MPlayer CE forwarder)
it directs to "youtube.com/xl"

Simple Youtube Channel
by SifJar
it directs to "youtube.com/xl"
dark

G-MAIL Channel
directs to "mail.google.com"
[media]
Name: Gmail
I GMJJ
Blocks: 14
Author: JJ-Kwik

Hotmail Channels
directs to "hotmail.com"

Facebook Internet Forwarder
directs to "http://touch.facebook.com"
[media]

Forwards to: touch.facebook.com (wilsof is planning to update this to lite.facebook.com)
Requires: internet channel to be installed (USA, EUR, or JAP)
Features: mutli language, 4:3 and 16:9 compatible

Author: Wilsoff (his original posting can be found HERE)

Translations and line wraps as follows

JAP:
Facebookは、友達や同僚、同級生仲間
たちと交流を深めることができるソーシャル
ユーティリティサイトです。

ENG:
Facebook helps you connect and
share with the people in your life.

GER:
Facebook ermöglicht es dir, mit
den Menschen in deinem Leben in
Verbindung zu treten und Inhalte
mit diesen zu teilen.
(this one goes over 4 lines, and can be moved up in the brlyt, without affecting other languages, if required)

FRA:
Facebook vous permet de rester
en contact et d'échanger avec les
personnes qui vous entourent.

SPA:
Facebook te ayuda a comunicarte
y compartir con las personas que
conoces.

ITA:
Facebook ti aiuta a connetterti
e rimanere in contatto con le
persone della tua vita.

NE
Met Facebook ben je verbonden
en deel je alles met iedereen in
je leven.

KOR:
Facebook을 사용하면 주변 사람들과
연락을 주고 받고 정보를 공유할 수
있습니다.

The newline code in UTF16BE is 000A

I'm pretty busy now, but if there are any requests for other Internet "Favourites" Forwarder Channels let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Requested Internet "Favourites" Forwarder Dols

So I finally got arounded to responsing to ALL the requests in this thread. I didn't make channels for each website, but these dols can be inserted into a channel using customize mii to launch the embedded website (internet channel required). Or the dol can be launched as is via the homebrew channel.

note that I have only tested the gbatemp and youtube dols/channels and they worked fine. The following should work the same, but as always, make sure u have proper brick protection in place (especially if you made the channel yourself and for the first time).

www.psp-hacks.com

www.ebay.comwww.itv.comit/vplayer

www.itv.comit/vplayer

demand.five.tv/home.aspx

www.channel4.com/programmes/tags/more4

www.iraqgoals.net

wiibrew.org

mail.google.com

www.wiihacks.com

hotmail.com

nintendo.joystiq.com/tag/@wii

www.facebook.com

m.facebook.com

touch.facebook.com

www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/index.html

news.bbc.co.uk/low

m.yahoo.com

wapedia.mobi/en

en.m.wikipedia.org

mobile.uk.msn.com/device/default.aspx

mobile.uk.msn.com/elink.aspx?lab=&h=jml7v2ve&elk=http%3A%2F%2Fm.mail.live.com%2F%3Fmkt%3Den-gb%26is%3D2160

www.youtube.com/xl

m.thetrainline.com/dsb/timetable/jsp/mobile_portal.jsp

m.hotukdeals.com

www.finetune.com/wii

wiicade.com

http://mycast.orb.com.dol

Edit: ModMii classic can build dols for any custom website, just install modmii for windows, launch modmii classic, and go to the advanced downloads page and choose to build an internet forwarder dol (many other types of forwarders are supported as well as other advanced downloads)

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: spacepimp

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
megahunter said:
how bout a youtube forwarder?

Here you go, something I just whipped up. The banner is very basic, and I haven't tested it yet, so make sure you have protection (i.e. BootMii/boot2 or at worst preloader/priiloader), but it should be safe. This is my first ever custom channel and I didn't spend long on it, so don't complain too much if its crap. It directs to "youtube.com/xl" which is a version of youtube optimized for TV viewing via Wii and PS3. Here's the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?munjzywmurn

(OP feel free to add this to first post if you want)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@ SifJar, I am 100% positive that the source is not broken, it is exactly what I just used less than an hour ago, maybe try "clean" before "make", if it still doesn't work, it could be the libogc u r using

edit: i guess u managed to get it working, once some1 reports that your channel is working I will add it to the first post or make my own youtube channel and post both (I'll test it if I get around to it, but this week is crazy busy for all of us!)

edit2: tested your youtube channel, works perfectly and I've added it to the first post

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, whenever I tried to "make" it, it went into an endless "make clean" loop. It was weird. It worked fine when I edited the source myself and made the channel I posted above, so its not my devkitPro or libogc installation.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Made a new, more advanced nicer looking YouTube channel. Same dol as before, but nicer looking (I hope, haven't actually tested it either). Its based on leathl's MPlayer CE forwarder, I replaced some images and left others, I think it should be quite nice. Here's the link: [link removed, better version in first post]

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
SifJar said:
Made a new, more advanced nicer looking YouTube channel. Same dol as before, but nicer looking (I hope, haven't actually tested it either). Its based on leathl's MPlayer CE forwarder, I replaced some images and left others, I think it should be quite nice. Here's the link: REMOVED

Hey, i just tested your new channel, no offense but it looks shitty (great effort though!), you didn't do a great job of erasing the white background behind the youtube letters (so there are random white blotches everywhere). I've used yours as a template and cleaned it up a lot. I will modify the first post with a link to the edited channel later

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
SifJar said:
Made a new, more advanced nicer looking YouTube channel. Same dol as before, but nicer looking (I hope, haven't actually tested it either). Its based on leathl's MPlayer CE forwarder, I replaced some images and left others, I think it should be quite nice. Here's the link: [link removed]

Hey, i just tested your new channel, no offense but it looks ***** (great effort though!), you didn't do a great job of erasing the white background behind the youtube letters (so there are random white blotches everywhere). I've used yours as a template and cleaned it up a lot. I will modify the first post with a link to the edited channel later

Sorry. I didn't spend very long on it and must have missed bits of the white. I dont have brick protection on my wii currently so couldn't test it. Thanks for fixing it up. Did you change any other graphics or just erase the white blotches?

steves334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
SifJar said:
Made a new, more advanced nicer looking YouTube channel. Same dol as before, but nicer looking (I hope, haven't actually tested it either). Its based on leathl's MPlayer CE forwarder, I replaced some images and left others, I think it should be quite nice. Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?mlwnhlnjny3

Hey, i just tested your new channel, no offense but it looks shitty (great effort though!), you didn't do a great job of erasing the white background behind the youtube letters (so there are random white blotches everywhere). I've used yours as a template and cleaned it up a lot. I will modify the first post with a link to the edited channel later

nice job but can u erase that little bit of white inside the O of yOutube

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@ SifJar, I started from scratch with the youtube logo, i got a higher quality youtube logo image from google images and used the photoshop "magicwand" to select/delete the white background

@steves334, just re-read your post, i'll erase the white from inside O when i get a chance, hopefully later today. When I do I'll edit the first post, so keep your eyes peeled

@ both of u, do you mind editing your messages to remove the mediafire link to the old blotchy channel so others stop downloading that one by accident?

steves334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
@steves334, just re-read your post, i'll erase the white from inside O when i get a chance, hopefully later today. When I do I'll edit the first post, so keep your eyes peeled
yay.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
@ SifJar, I started from scratch with the youtube logo, i got a higher quality youtube logo image from google images and used the photoshop "magicwand" to select/delete the white background

WOW. I never knew of the function of "MagicWand" before. I am amazed, thank you so much for telling me this. I have often thought it would be handy if there was a tool you could use to select all of a single coloured background to then delete (I use Paint.NET, not Photoshop, but the tool exists in both and has the same function). Thank you, that is very useful to know.

WhyoWhy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question,
I have Programmer's notepad and devkit pro on my p/c.
I've downloaded your source in an attempt to modify it... maybe you could help me out?

What I've done...
I open p/n and through p/n I open template.pnproj and main.c. From there, I modify the URL, which is on the 12h line, to one of my choice (My School - school project - lol).

What I'm confused about is how to compile it from there. What to do from that point to create a .dol or .elf.

Any advice/steps?

Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, what's pokerogue?