Homebrew Custom Nintendont Forwarder causes Wii to Reboot

Droderic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I posted this on Reddit earlier, but I feel this may be a better place. I was looking for a clean, simple forwarder for Nintendont. I was dissatisfied with the current selection available so I made my own.

To be perfectly clear, the WAD is not corrupting my NAND or anything like that, it just can't get Nintendont to Boot. I tested the forwarder on Dolphin before installing on my Wii to ensure that nothing was seriously wrong.

When installed on my Wii, pressing start causes Nintendont to briefly boot, but then I get a green screen and the Wii reboots. I created my WAD using the Static Base template in Customizemii. I've tried extracting and injecting the .dol of the working Nintendont Forwarder Channels, as well as created my own .dol with Modmii, and I keep getting the same result.

According to CustomizeMii, it says "some applications require more than just a .dol to work". Is there something special about Nintendont that it needs some sort of custom code for the forwarder to work? I am honestly stumped. I will attach a the .WAD file If anyone can help. The .dol is from the other forwarder channels. I am 99% sure the WAD won't corrupt your NAND, but obviously I need to leave a disclaimer. If anyone can help me, or at least direct me to where to get help, it would be very much appreciated.

EDIT: WAD is working now, yours to download if you wish. See below for solution!

Attachments

• Nintendont - LXVS.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 299
Last edited by Droderic,

Droderic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It using IOS58?

Why not taking a working Nintendont forwarder as your base wad and apply the same changes and see if that makes a difference
In CustomizeMii under Startup IOS I selected 58.

I can try substituting the images into a working one and see what happens. I chose the static base intentionally as I didn't really want any animations, just something simple and minimalist, although If I replace every frame with the same image it may have the same effect.

Droderic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In CustomizeMii under Startup IOS I selected 58.

I can try substituting the images into a working one and see what happens. I chose the static base intentionally as I didn't really want any animations, just something simple and minimalist, although If I replace every frame with the same image it may have the same effect.
Reporting back, I have had success! I took a working Nintendont WAD, and replaced the .brlyt and the .brlan files with the ones from the Static Base, then replaced the images with the ones I wanted. There must be some special feature of Nintendont WADs that prevented my original one from booting. Anyway, it works now, tested on Dolphin and installed on a real Wii. For anyone who likes the simple style, download the above file!

Last edited by Droderic,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1