Zopenko

Link He come to town Come to save the Princess Z
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello
Here's my compilation mod for the FCE UltraGX emu, credit goes for the original creators of these mods, the only thing that I did was combine them, an add a few extras, enjoy.

Ver 3.3.8 - May 14, 2016

* Removed some unused and redundant palettes (thanks to Burnt Lasagna), new naming convention is:
+ Accurate Colors = Unsaturated-V5 Palette By FirebrandX
+ Vivid Colors = YUV-V3 Palette By FirebrandX
+ Wii VC Colors = Wii's Virtual Console Palette By SuperrSonic
+ 3DS VC Colors = 3DS's Virtual Console Palette By SuperrSonic
+ FCEUGX Colors = Real Palette by AspiringSquire​
* Added a new "Delete" button in the Game Options, to erase Save States and SRAM files.
* NES Zapper support fixed (thanks to Burnt Lasagna).
* Updated the official site to https://github.com/dborth/fceugc on the credits window
* Updated readme file (thanks to Niuus)

Source Code 3.3.8
Wii Boot File
GC Boot File

Ver 3.3.7

* Added both Firebrandx NES color palettes (thanks to SuperrSonic and Asho).
* Added Nestopia's RGB palette (thanks to SuperrSonic and ShadowOne333).
* Added a new window when selecting a color palette (in order to avoid cycling the color palettes one by one).
* Reverted FDS file in order to fix Disk System support (thanks to Burnt Lasagna) (Support was broken on ver 3.3.5 MOD).
* Added option to disable / enable the Virtual Memory messages on the settings menu.
* Removed the "Reset" and "Power On" messages when loading and reseting a game (Messages were added on ver 3.3.5 MOD).

Souce Code 3.3.7
Wii Boot File
GC Boot File

Ver 3.3.6 Updates
- Combined Emukid's 3.3.5 mod version with my 3.3.4 mod version (see below).
- Added SuperrSonic's 3DS Virtual Console palette.
- changed the savestate cursor box color

Source Code 3.3.6
Wii Boot File
GC Boot File

view

Emu Updates:
- Version 3.3.4 as base.
- Added Cebolleto's preview image support.
- Added FIX94's WiiUPro controller support.
- Added SuperrSonic's Wii Virtual Console Palette.
- Increase preview image size and reduce game list width.
- Added a background to the preview image.
- Added a Screenshot button (under the game settings options, the video scaling option must be set to default otherwise screenshot looks smaller and with black borders around it, also screenshot folder must already exist otherwise a folder error will popup).
- Added a "WiiuPro" button on the button mapping menu, the options is just for completeness, since the controller mappings are shared between the wiiupro and the classic controller.
- Fixed the inverted color button selection that was in some option Windows.
- On the cheat menu, increased the cheat name display size and added scrolling if the name is too long to display at once.

- Fixed cover image dimensions, now it displays screenshot and cover within the background border.
- Fixed screenshot option, it no longer creates an additional "dummy" file.

BOOT FILE

SOURCE FILE

Last edited by Zopenko,

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does anybody have the source code for the Virtual Console color pallete?

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Suggestion: Replace your Castlevania III rom for the japanese version. The japanese version has extra sound channels inside the cart :P
I have it under A for akumajo :P

Thanks @Zopenko i was waiting for this! I will give it a test and report my thoughts!
Thank you

Also Updated the files to include Supersonic's virtual console palette option.

Last edited by Zopenko,
Reactions: RodrigoDavy

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
Here's my compilation mod for the FCE UltraGX emu, credit goes for the original creators of these mods, the only thing that I did was combine them, an add a few extras, enjoy.

Emu Updates:
- Version 3.3.4 as base.
- Added Cebolleto's preview image support.
- Added FIX94's WiiUPro controller support.
- Added SuperrSonic's Virtual Console Pallete.
- Increase preview image size and reduce game list width.
- Added a background to the preview image.
- Added a Screenshot button (under the game settings options, the video scaling option must be set to default otherwise screenshot looks smaller and with black borders around it, also screenshot folder must already exist otherwise a folder error will popup).
- Added a "WiiuPro" button on the button mapping menu, the options is just for completeness, since the controller mappings are shared between the wiiupro and the classic controller.
- Fixed the inverted color button selection that was in some option Windows.
- On the cheat menu, increased the cheat name display size and added scrolling if the name is too long to display at once.

i noticed a possible bug, screenshots are being saved at the root of the sd card. SD:\fceugx\screenshots already exists along with some, i don't know, dummy files?

Attached is an example of the files being generated at the root
UmsSA92.png

Last edited by sindrik,

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tested this nice mod on a crt, it looks good! However, i noticed a possible bug, screenshots are being saved at the root of the sd card (SD:\fceugx\screenshots already exists) along with some, i don't know, dummy files?

Attached is an example of the files being generated at the root
UmsSA92.png

I'll look in to it. I may have duplicated the "screenshot save" code without file extension.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you

Also Updated the files to include Supersonic's virtual console palette option.

I tested it with the covers I typically display and they are stretching across the with which brings them over past the exit button. See attached picture "2015-09-05 18.56.14.jpg". All the 2D covers I have at 160 pixels wide x 224 pixels high. These are from mastershoes collection sticky thread in this forum. I attached the cover shown in the picture too.

I know the screenshots may fit this window fine, but covers are not working well. If they would just fit top to bottom it would be ok.

I didn't have a problem with covers on snes9xgx probably because SNES covers are in landscape in a similar pixel ratio to the screenshots.

Please look into this.

Attachments

• Adventures of Lolo 3 (USA).png
    Adventures of Lolo 3 (USA).png
    89.3 KB · Views: 757
  • 2015-09-05 18.56.14.jpg
    2015-09-05 18.56.14.jpg
    731 KB · Views: 1,424

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll look in to it. I may have duplicated the "screenshot save" code without file extension.
the "screenshots" directory wasn't selected in the options, instead of using it's own settings.xml in whatever folder the boot.dol is, it is using the settings.xml in fceugx

Last edited by sindrik,

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tested it with the covers I typically display and they are stretching across the with which brings them over past the exit button. See attached picture "2015-09-05 18.56.14.jpg". All the 2D covers I have at 160 pixels wide x 224 pixels high. These are from mastershoes collection sticky thread in this forum. I attached the cover shown in the picture too.

I know the screenshots may fit this window fine, but covers are not working well. If they would just fit top to bottom it would be ok.

I didn't have a problem with covers on snes9xgx probably because SNES covers are in landscape in a similar pixel ratio to the screenshots.

Please look into this.

Well I must say I liked more like this even covering the exit button because i like to see the cover that size :v

Maybe the solution is make a smaller button of setting and exit

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This mod was intended for screenshots, So as the covers are different dimension they are not centered on the menu.
Since we can't have both (cover and screenshot) display properly.
Is there interest in making an option to select screenshot or cover dimension?

Reactions: sindrik and ngs428

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This mod was intended for screenshots, So as the covers are different dimension they are not centered on the menu.
Since we can't have both (cover and screenshot) display properly.
Is there interest in making an option to select screenshot or cover dimension?

I would like that. Suits both then.

cebolleto

Trophies
XP
Country
I would like that. Suits both then.
Not necessary, I could update this easily
Could we create a git repository on github now that google code no longer exists? all these emulator are going to be hard to track otherwise

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyway you just need to change the line 1086 in menu.cpp
Code:
preview.SetScale(225.0f / width);
to something like
Code:
preview.SetScale(min(225.0f / width, 160.0f / height) );

probably it is not 170... it should be the height of the rectangle to display the image (here it would be 225x160)

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this for Wii, WiiU, or both? Also, is the WiiU Pro controller support only for WiiU? I apologize if these are "dumb" questions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1