• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Far Right Presidential Candidate Wins in Argentina

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Is this your word of the day, that Cambridge free dictionary must be serving you well.

You are refusing to make a claim

I was, as I said, asking questions. Making a claim wasn't my intention, I was more interested in the answers. I appreciate that for someone as self-centred as you it might be novel that someone else just wants to listen.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is this your word of the day, that Cambridge free dictionary must be serving you well.
You’re being vague and obtuse on purpose, so that’s what I’m calling it.
I was, as I said, asking questions. Making a claim wasn't my intention, I was more interested in the answers. I appreciate that for someone as self-centred as you it might be novel that someone else just wants to listen.
Questions end with question marks. You made two statements, and when I questioned you about what you meant, you asked me if I’m okay, that was the only question you’ve asked. I’m perfectly okay - I’ve now identified that further inquiry is a waste of time because your bottom is permanently affixed to a fence. You can’t even verbalise the purported question you were supposedly asking, you just mentioned western interference sarcastically, threw out Operation Condor out of nowhere and folded your arms. This isn’t a gotcha - I don’t know what you mean by that, and you’re refusing to elaborate. Why does every conversation with you have to be a tug of war to get any useful information out if you? It’s exhausting.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
jeez this thread is..... a Mess....
This section is a mess in general, but we make do. If nothing else, it’s a great containment zone for threads that really don’t belong anywhere else and should be kept far away from civil society. Occasionally you even get to have a productive discussion, however rare it may be.

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This section is a mess in general,

Somehow wherever you are ends up a mess.

Questions end with question marks.

I asked them before, are you blind?

Why does every conversation with you have to be a tug of war to get any useful information out if you? It’s exhausting.

I'm literally asking YOU for your thoughts and somehow you think this is about me? Unlike you, my bottom is firmly planted on wherever I'm seated, so right now on a sofa.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Somehow wherever you are ends up a mess.

I asked them before, are you blind?

I'm literally asking YOU for your thoughts and somehow you think this is about me? Unlike you, my bottom is firmly planted on wherever I'm seated, so right now on a sofa.
You didn’t ask me a question and you’re refusing to elaborate on what subject I’m supposed to give you my thoughts on. I am perfectly happy to give you my thoughts and answer your questions, I just need to know what you’re asking, exactly. I’ve given up on trying to engage you in a good faith debate because you’re obstructing it for no reason, which is extremely confusing. I don’t have a crystal ball - when I tell you that I don’t know what you mean and what you intended to ask me, that probably means that I don’t know what you’re saying or asking. I really don’t want to argue with you because I’m getting that feeling as if I was having a conversation with an extraterrestrial again, I’d much rather just talk about Milei than about Operation Condor which predates Milei by over four decades.

On the off chance that you’ll have a change of heart, allow me to post an example of a question. “Ansem, what did you have for breakfast today?” - very simple stuff. I desperately want to figure out what you’re trying to ask, but I can’t. You’ll have to help me along the way if you want to hear my thoughts. I won’t be responding until you articulate a proper query that can be answered. I can’t just guess what you mean, I’m not an Ansem whisperer. I have no idea what’s going on up there.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You didn’t ask me a question and you’re refusing to elaborate on what subject I’m supposed to give you my thoughts on. I am perfectly happy to give you my thoughts and answer your questions, I just need to know what you’re asking, exactly. I’ve given up on trying to engage you in a good faith debate because you’re obstructing it for no reason, which is extremely confusing. I don’t have a crystal ball - when I tell you that I don’t know what you mean and what you intended to ask me, that probably means that I don’t know what you’re saying or asking. I really don’t want to argue with you because I’m getting that feeling as if I was having a conversation with an extraterrestrial again, I’d much rather just talk about Milei than about Operation Condor which predates Milei by over four decades.
You know, the fact that somehow you self-moderate your own blatant abuse of forum rules buried in your "usual spaghetti" (you'd be so lucky to try my Alfredo, then you'd know you're talking nonsense) and try to pass it off as "debating" is almost cute, were it not so flagrant.If you bothered to read to actually understand instead of looking for your usual self-gratification excuse to post spaghetti insults, you would have noticed my points haven't actually changed since two pages ago. Of course you were in fact busy answering to your own imaginary questions and vagaries. as you'd like to say. Easier for you.
On the off chance that you’ll have a change of heart, allow me to post an example of a question. “Ansem, what did you have for breakfast today?” - very simple stuff. I desperately want to figure out what you’re trying to ask, but I can’t. You’ll have to help me along the way if you want to hear my thoughts. I won’t be responding until you articulate a proper query that can be answered. I can’t just guess what you mean, I’m not an Ansem whisperer. I have no idea what’s going on up there.
You're so difficult to please, which explains so much and yet so little about your entirely misplaced smarm.

FYI, indirect interrogative speech is a thing, widely accepted by english grammar and British Council but, again, you were too busy trying (and failing) to score imaginary internet points with insults to bother.

a question for you then, since you approve of Milei's civil repression and policies so much. What should he do next, in terms of economic policy?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
*Spaghetti*

a question for you then, since you approve of Milei's civil repression and policies so much. What should he do next, in terms of economic policy?
Quick reminder that I used to teach English, please don’t tell me how to communicate in English. I believe I once explained to you what “spilling spaghetti” means, I’m not obligated to repeat myself. If you don’t want me to keep reminding you not to spill spaghetti on the forums, don’t spill spaghetti on the forums.

To answer your question, which you finally posed (though I’m not sure how it relates to western intervention or Condor, it doesn’t seem related at all, but I will grant you an audience because you’ve done what I asked you to do), Argentina is in the “tightening of the belt” stage of reform. The government is currently eliminating wasteful spending, which in terms of economic policy is spending that doesn’t generate a return on investment as far as economic activity is concerned. Step two would be reinvesting any of the remaining surplus (after paying dues) into programs that generate economic activity. Argentina will have to enter a period of “wild west” economics, which means rampant deregulation. It should become relatively simple to start and to operate a business in the country. To wit, there need to be economic incentives that facilitate opening one. Now, the social democrat position on this would be to offer grants, but I don’t think there’s money in the budget for that, and I don’t think it’s a safe bet given how uncertain the economy is. The majority of those new businesses will fail within the first few years, that’s just the reality of start-ups, so none of that money is going back into the treasury. It would be more prudent to adjust some policies related to banking to make business loans more feasible. Tax cuts will initially reduce revenue and attractive loans will increase the level of privately held debt, but the hope is that later down the line the losses will be offset by decreased unemployment and the taxes on said businesses as they begin making profit (which they probably won’t in the start-up phase). The government should do everything in its power to, however artificially, facilitate an economic boom, and private investment will in turn make that boom not-so-artificial anymore. In addition, it should leverage Argentina’s natural resources in its favour, which as far as I know is already being negotiated anyway as we speak. They have a good geographical position to become a trading hub with plenty of coastline, it’s just a matter of policy catching up.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick reminder that I used to teach English, please don’t tell me how to communicate in English.
Yeah, it must have been a long time ago and thus a reminder should be welcome, as you obviously forgot the basics.
To answer your question, which you finally posed (though I’m not sure how it relates to western intervention or Condor, it doesn’t seem related at all, but I will grant you an audience because you’ve done what I asked you to do
you proved incapable of understanding indirect interrogative speech so I had to humour you lowering myself to your level. Obviously the other topics made you upset. Audience is the right word as you seem hard of hearing, even a virtual one, even more so since your unwillingness to engage.

In addition, it should leverage Argentina’s natural resources in its favour, which as far as I know is already being negotiated anyway as we speak.
by selling them out wholesale to Russia?
Argentina will have to enter a period of “wild west” economics, which means rampant deregulation
This seems like a massively bad idea.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
*Spaghetti*
You don’t know what you’re talking about. If you want an English home assignment about direct/indirect speech and interrogative sentences, I am happy to provide. There will be a test, so be sure to ingest this information thoroughly.

https://www.grammar-monster.com/glossary/indirect_questions.htm

Hint: An indirect interrogative requires a verb in addition to the query, then you can get rid of the question mark. You have to verbalise your expectation, otherwise your interlocutor has no way of knowing what you want. Most commonly you will see something along the lines of “I wonder” (asking oneself), or some similar indication that you are seeking information regarding a query.

You are welcome.
by selling them out wholesale to Russia?
Removing themselves from BRICS negotiations is a great step forwards, and a big hit *against* Russia - we’ve gone over that before. Step two is taking advantage of Argentina’s shale-rich and crude oil-rich deposits. Upon closer examination of the government’s finances Milei and the Argentinian congress temporarily *suspended* the privatisation of Argentina’s oil industry, so once again you’re presenting a point of view that stands in direct contrast to reality. I suspect this decision was made to ramp up production in the forseeable future and use the proceeds to patch budgetary holes. Argentina wants to ensure that their right of first refusal is maintained so as to combat shortages in their own refineries, and that in turn ensures that they’ll have domestic product available for use and sale. They can privatise it all when they’re in better financial standing, right now they’re holding on to the ace in the hole.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...free-argentina-s-oil-market-slows-in-congress
This seems like a massively bad idea.
It’s the only solution. The last thing Argentina needs right now is obstacles to growth. Almost half of the country is unemployed - these people need jobs, and fast.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
*spaghetti*

Removing themselves from BRICS negotiations is a great step forwards, and a big hit *against* Russia

*rotten spaghetti *

No, since he made it clear that he wants to pull out BRICS but to reinforce bilateral ties, with Russia above all https://tass.com/world/1728013

Getting out of brics is just a way to avoid further scrutiny.

s the only solution. The last thing Argentina needs right now is obstacles to growth. Almost half of the country is unemployed - these people need jobs, and fast.

It's the quickest way to introduce modern slavery and cause irreparable damage in favour of a vague short term benefit which may very well disappear with the inevitavle corruption that comes with low regulation. That bastard Reagan was unable to rein in corruption in his administration, Milei has 0 chance to do so.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, since he made it clear that he wants to pull out BRICS but to reinforce bilateral ties, with Russia above all https://tass.com/world/1728013

Getting out of brics is just a way to avoid further scrutiny.
There’s no reason not to seek bilateral ties with another country. There’s plenty of reasons not to ally with one. You’ve already embarrassed yourself earlier about this, there’s no point in treading the same waters twice, this river is very shallow. If you want to revisit that argument, you can just scroll up instead. Tl;dr Milei would much rather meet BRICS representatives himself and negotiate deals with individual member states than sign up to an alliance with nebulous requirements. That’s a better strategy when that alliance is ran by Russia.
It's the quickest way to introduce modern slavery and cause irreparable damage in favour of a vague short term benefit which may very well disappear with the inevitavle corruption that comes with low regulation. That bastard Reagan was unable to rein in corruption in his administration, Milei has 0 chance to do so.
It’s the way every single country that was ever in a similar financial situation recovered. Most of those examples date back to the 1990’s and can be studied collectively since they followed the same pattern. My own country included. What Argentina needs is a boom in job creation, and that can only be achieved if private citizens are encouraged to engage in entrepreneurship. People have to hire other people, they can’t be on the state’s dole in perpetuity, that produces nothing.

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
*spaghetti*

Only in your head I embarrassed myself, thankfully you matter as much as the 2 of spades when you need a royal flush.

s the way every single country that was ever in a similar financial situation recovered. Most of those examples date back to the 1990’s and can be studied collectively since they followed the same pattern. My own country included

Oh yes Poland, the appalling damage made by Piss with money handouts in exchange of votes, burdening future generations with debt. Stellar example. It will take decades to rid the country of that corruption.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Only in your head I embarrassed myself, thankfully you matter as much as the 2 of spades when you need a royal flush.
Just trying to help. Finish your assignment and I’ll add a star to your signature. 5 stars and you get a treat and a letter of commendation.
Oh yes Poland, the appalling damage made by Piss with money handouts in exchange of votes, burdening future generations with debt. Stellar example. It will take decades to rid the country of that corruption.
Law and Justice was established in 2001, it played no part in Poland’s recovery after the dissolution of the U.S.S.R. and the Polish People’s Republic. The Kaczynsky brothers did, by way of Solidarity, but that was a different time. You’re around 2-3 decades out of your depth. I will say once again. 585% inflation in 1990. Worse than Argentina, and it’s not close. We fixed it, Argentina can fix it - just follow the template.

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just trying to help. Finish your assignment and I’ll add a star to your signature. 5 stars and you get a treat and a letter of commendation.
Those poor kids who had the misfortune of being "taught" by you should sue you for their money back.

Law and Justice was established in 2001, it played no part in Poland’s recovery after the dissolution of the U.S.S.R. and the Polish People’s Republic. The Kaczynsky brothers did, by way of Solidarity, but that was a different time. You’re around 2-3 decades out of your depth.
This may come as a shock to you, but we're in 2024. The world has moved on, and therefore it is relevant to discuss current situations in addition to historical ones.

I will say once again. 585% inflation in 1990. Worse than Argentina, and it’s not close. We fixed it, Argentina can fix it - just follow the template.
One of the surest signs of inability to grasp complex issues is thinking that a "template" which worked 30 years ago, for a completely different context, can simply be transplanted in a wholly different world, by different people. Wanna come back here in 5 years and see how Argentina has been faring under this chainsaw wielding authoritarian moron?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Those poor kids who had the misfortune of being "taught" by you should sue you for their money back.
You won’t get your star with negging or begging, finish the assignment. I will be asking you what an indirect question is tomorrow, you need to be prepared to explain and give an example. That’s how you get stars.
This may come as a shock to you, but we're in 2024. The world has moved on, and therefore it is relevant to discuss current situations in addition to historical ones.

One of the surest signs of inability to grasp complex issues is thinking that a "template" which worked 30 years ago, for a completely different context, can simply be transplanted in a wholly different world, by different people. Wanna come back here in 5 years and see how Argentina has been faring under this chainsaw wielding authoritarian moron?
10. At bare minimum. I already made adjustments to account for the current socioeconomic climate. It’s a bad time to have an economy in shambles, I suspect recovery will take twice as long as it normally should. Definitely longer than Milei’s term.

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You won’t get your star with negging or begging, finish the assignment. I will be asking you what an indirect question is tomorrow, you need to be prepared to explain and give an example. That’s how you get stars.
You can keep asking as much as you want, I already said what indirect questioning speech is, maybe worry less about gold stars and more about your licence which you obviously bought, and not earned.
10. At bare minimum. I already made adjustments to account for the current socioeconomic climate. It’s a bad time to have an economy in shambles, I suspect recovery will take twice as long as it normally should. Definitely longer than Milei’s term.
Fine. 10 years from today. Of course, the recovery will not happen because of Milei's disasternomics.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can keep asking as much as you want, I already said what indirect questioning speech is, maybe worry less about gold stars and more about your licence which you obviously bought, and not earned.
The test is tomorrow, I’m not sharing questions before that time.
Fine. 10 years from today. Of course, the recovery will not happen because of Milei's disasternomics.
I mean, you can think that, that doesn’t bother me at all.

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The test is tomorrow, I’m not sharing questions before that time.
You already failed, sorry, no resits. Try again next year.
I mean, you can think that, that doesn’t bother me at all.
I bet, after all, it's just one more failure on the endless list of libertarianism. Who cares if millions of people on the other side of the planet pay the price innit.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You already failed, sorry, no resits. Try again next year.

I bet, after all, it's just one more failure on the endless list of libertarianism. Who cares if millions of people on the other side of the planet pay the price innit.
They’re paying the price right now, the only way is up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto