• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Dutch far right party wins most seats

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You're a disgusting bigot. It's as simple as that.
You know, if you wanted to combat bigotry, you wouldn't berate someone for being afraid of having their head chopped off. It makes you look like you think that it's more important to accept or tolerate an ideology than it is to live. Using someone's ignorance on a matter as an excuse to spew vitriol speaks more about your upbringing and anger issues than it does about the supposed ideals you are defending. Your "virtue" appears superficial and turns the terms you frequently use into platitudes. What's your experience with Islam and how has it enriched your life? I personally think it is similar to Christianity.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Countries like Japan know better in this regard, they know that their culture is important
LOL a country that is in desperate need of immigration and yet so impossibly unhospitable and unwelcoming, despite having made significant (allegedly) strides to welcome high-skilled graduates. So what do they know, their culture is at danger of going extinct.

Having said that, I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Islam myself - except the Sufi, these guys have my support.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
+1 for Sufi.

Japan needs a lower workload and greater self-sufficiency, not immigrants.

"Let's replace us to compete with the world market, as humanity is an expendable workforce" is what you are proposing.

Japan is among the most hospitable and welcoming countries on the planet, if you can arrive. You've obviously never been. Maybe you are just a rayyycist. Compare how many people get stabbed in Japan to in the UK then tell me about "hospitable".

Last edited by tabzer,

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi antisemite
You’re projecting

LOL a country that is in desperate need of immigration and yet so impossibly unhospitable and unwelcoming, despite having made significant (allegedly) strides to welcome high-skilled graduates. So what do they know, their culture is at danger of going extinct.

Having said that, I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Islam myself - except the Sufi, these guys have my support.

No, they don’t need migrants to uphold their broken system. How about instead of trying to take the easy way out like so many like to do on the west these countries instead work on improving cost of living, better work conditions, creating more time for family. Compromising your culture in order to uphold an inherently busted economic system may be appealing to westerners but I reckon to people that actually care about their culture it would not hold over well. Ridiculous prospect

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Point out my bigotry
Instead of pointing out what exactly is wrong and why, you go straight for dehumanizing behavior. Did your parents teach you the way you are a disgusting little pig? You should know from experience that it's not good. Break the cycle.

My best guess is that you don't know know why or how racism can be wrong, as you are "cultured" by the likes of Twitter as opposed to real world experience. You need "sources" to know how to think and feel. Sources are for data and measurements, not opinions and personal preference.

It feels like the people that want this isolation nonsense, also tend to not want or vote for people that don't actually want government services to help people.

Help from the government comes at a cost to everyone who gets charged by the government or relies on its currency. Protecting one own's wealth, when they don't make enough money to feel safe yet make too much to qualify for assistance, especially feel burdened by it.

Personally, I don't think charity can be forced.

Last edited by tabzer,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help from the government comes at a cost to everyone who gets charged by the government or relies on its currency. Protecting one own's wealth, when they don't make enough money to feel safe yet make too much to qualify for assistance, especially feel burdened by it.

Personally, I don't think charity can be forced.
Taxes are going to happen, regardless if the government is actually going to help or not. A real system would be universal and tax wealth fairly. Arbitrarily falling out of the system, shouldn't even be a thing. If charities and believing in corporations was enough, everyone would be fairly covered already.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Taxes are going to happen, regardless if the government is actually going to help or not. A real system would be universal and tax wealth fairly. Arbitrarily falling out of the system, shouldn't even be a thing. If charities and believing in corporations was enough, everyone would be fairly covered already.

I know it'll take some time, but I am looking forward to when taxes and economy don't exist. I do believe that humanity has the potential to transcend these things.

Reactions: KingVamp

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I know it'll take some time, but I am looking forward to when taxes and economy don't exist. I do believe that humanity has the potential to transcend these things.
Just go an live on a deserted pacific Island, your wish will come true. You can deal with supplying your own water, trash, lighting, education, defence, policing etc. Also you'll need to learn to do shit for yourself so it will be a good learning experience for you.

Reactions: titan_tim

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Fucking disgusting. Talk about regression... The Germans are in for a rude awakening by knocking their country back 200 years.
Post automatically merged:

tax is coercion and theft.
If you truly believe that, then don't use anything that taxes pay for. that means public schools, public roads, libraries, parks, transit, your house, the car you pay for, don't buy any food, etc. etc. Everything is taxed.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just go a live on a deserted pacific Island, your wish will come true. You can deal with supplying your own water, trash, lighting, education, defence, policing etc. Also you'll need to learn to do shit for yourself so it will be a good learning experience for you.
I can do water electricity education defense just fine thank you. Now how do I opt out?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I can do water electricity education defense just fine thank you. Now how do I opt out?
Move to a deserted island with no government or country which owns or runs it. Or build a space ship and travel to the moon where there's no government jurisdiction (although good luck trying to get a permit for that). Or just live off grid in the mountains like an early pioneer did. You'll not need any money and therefore won't be taxed because there will be nowhere to buy anything from and you won't need to pay for any services that you are not using. You could try your luck on North Sentinel Island in the bay of Bengal, these people might accept you and they don't pay any taxes.

Reactions: titan_tim

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you told any sane dutch person a few years ago that PVV would be winning the elections they would call you crazy.
Agree!
This election was mostly about voting against other parties and sentiments then it was voting for something. Mostly people were voting for change (why I voted for the left), and lacking a sensible right alternative Wilders got the votes (he is a good debater btw).

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just go an live on a deserted pacific Island, your wish will come true. You can deal with supplying your own water, trash, lighting, education, defence, policing etc. Also you'll need to learn to do shit for yourself so it will be a good learning experience for you.

The reference was to transcending those things, and that cannot be achieved through the method you are proposing.

Bureaucratic inefficiency, the utility of taxation, and regulation, to enrich a ruling class exposes capitalistic systems to similar kinds of faults that caused communistic regimes to catastrophically fail. When one person or concentrated group has power over people, they discover meaning in exploiting it. There is really nothing else for them to do in order to escape the monotonous tasks that could be better done by robots.

I've had my experience living off the grid in permaculture communities. I have a wide skill-set and range of experience. I can shovel shit, build a home, and program an application. They can be equally meaningful functions.

I will mention that even though it was largely absent by comparison, the presence of an authoritative government was still noticed--but it is people who make it and give it power. Government will always exist as long as people say it does--especially the ones who carry guns and force it on the world (people like yourself maybe). We could have a collaborative global community that isn't coerced to sacrifice one's well-being, to actually find satisfaction in creating a better environment with work individuals elect themselves to do.

Last edited by tabzer,

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Only if you stop listening at the surface eh.
Like most parties: some good ideas, some (really) stupid. But apparently people bought it: that makes him a good debater I think. I would never vote for him or agree with what he stands for. Pity he doesn't sell cars, he would be a top salesman of crappy cars!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty