Iowa might lose gay marriage

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by smile72, Nov 9, 2011.

Nov 9, 2011
  1. smile72
    OP

Member smile72 NewsBot

Japan
    Source:http://www.reuters.c...E7A73C320111108

I pray a Democrat wins. if a Republican wins, Iowa will most likely no longer allow gay marriage within a year.

Opinions?????

I will update this post with the result of that election, when it's announced. Or I'll make a new post.

2. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Dont care either way. Iowa is in the middle of nowhere and the less hear about gay marriage the better.

3. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    Limiting unions I like, and the abortion deal is meh. Do they intend on outlawing EVERY type of birth control or what is their criteria?

4. smile72
    OP

Member smile72 NewsBot

Japan
    What's wrong with gay marriage???? And Iowa is not in the middle of nowhere. It's right around Illinois. Why limit unions? Yes, it makes every type of birth control illegal except condoms. Oh and that bill failed in Ohio by the way. SB5 is no longer law. So the unions won!!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada

No one has ever properly answered that question.

(i'm not being a smart ass, i'm serious)

6. smile72
    OP

Member smile72 NewsBot

Japan
    I know it's always religious bullshit which has nothing to do with state or federal marriage.

Hallelujah. Liz Mathis won!!!!!!! Iowa will probably keep gay marriage!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Iowa District 18!!!!!!!!!!

7. air2004

Member air2004 Air

United States
    Why are you calling it gay marriage , why not just simply say marriage ? ( and I'm not being a smart ass either )

8. smile72
    OP

Member smile72 NewsBot

Japan
    I understand your point and no your not a smart ass. But that's how it would appear on a bill, well that or the term marriage equality.

9. Crimson Ghoul

Member Crimson Ghoul GBAtemp Regular

United States
    First, I want to start off by saying that I don't see the point in the institution of marriage. These days hardly anyone stands up for the vows they take. Marriage was supposed to be an eternal bond between two people forming a union out of love promising to be forever faithful. Second, let them have their marriage, I don't see why people have to be up in other people's business. I bet their ceremonies are a lot nicer that strait ones lol. Third, abortion should always be left up to choice. If the child is unwanted it will grow up unwanted mistreated and just suffer. Might as well end it before it starts. Besides, can't they just go to another state where abortion is legal?

10. smile72
    OP

Member smile72 NewsBot

Japan
    Tax breaks, proof of their love through legal documents, and lots of other stuff. Yeah they could as it would then fall under that state's jurisdiction.

Mississippi's Personhood Amendment has been defeated 55-45.

11. smile72
    OP

Member smile72 NewsBot

Japan
    Atlanta has ended the ban on selling alcohol on Sunday and our nation's youngest gay mayor has been elected, his name is Alex Morse, and he's 22 years old.

12. air2004

Member air2004 Air

United States
    Abortion and marriage are 2 different things . When it comes to the marriage thing , ( when I was bible thumping I was against it , now that I moved away from that that hypocrisy ) I dont care. If you can remove your religious beliefs/convictions for just one moment. what you have when it comes marriage ( yea I know marriage is a religious thing , but you have to look deeper) Its about 2 people commiting themselves to one another. It's about 2 people who say ..... when the world turns against you , when the rain never seems to stop , the sun refuses to shine , the river is deep , the mountains are high , the path is a long and arduous one ...... Marriage steps in and says , they turned against you but I am still here . It is raining so take this umbrella . It is dark , but you illuminate my world. When it comes to the river , you let me sail upon you. The mountains , you have carried me over. The path that looks arduous , is feels like a cool summers breeze.

Thats what marriage is. If you willing to deny someone of that , then you yourself should be denied.

13. air2004

Member air2004 Air

United States
    Abortion on the other hand , should be like the death penalty here , 100% in favor , or its a life sentence...................... i.e. the man and woman both need to agree