• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Dutch far right party wins most seats

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The far right party headed by Geert Wilders won the most seats in the latest Dutch national elections

Now the process of coalition talks will begin. Wilders supports banning the koran, clamping down on immigration and a referendum on leaving the EU

One year out from the next European parliamentary elections, the rise of the far right in the Netherlands is being watched closely by its European neighbors

Some EU officials have commented that this represents a worrying sign of increased euroscepticism in the broader EU and it will be important for pro EU parties to come together to work to strengthen the union

Still some 80% of dutch people polled say they support staying in the EU, and many see these results more as a sign of frustration with establishment politics, inflation and the dutch housing crisis

https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...tch-govt-after-shock-election-win-2023-11-23/

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well..
turd.jpg
!

Everything's going "Far Right" 😡

Reactions: Marc_LFD

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Even with the PVV or Wilders being the election winner, they can't rule without making concessions with other parties.
If they don't drop some of their 'extreme' plans, there will be new elections.

These news stories make it sound like every dutch person is some crazy nazi racist or something, which is simply not the case.

If you're actually interested in foreign politics, if you skip the big talk about banning the koran and stuff like the 'kopvoddentax', they have some good plans which won't only benefit the rich. Like medical care and elderly care, and support the lower incomes and farmers.

Extreme right will never prevail, but the previous leading politicians are shaken awake and maybe start listing to the 'regular' people, changing their extreme left politics. The end result will somewhere in the middle, without banned korans obviously.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Far right" oh there goes the credibility. lol

Before it was "Alt Right," now it's "Far Right," and what's next, Ultra Right? I actually like the sound of that. haha

On a more serious note about Wilders, I don't agree with him on everything, but he does make good points about wanting to protect his country rather than leave it unprotected. You'd not leave your home unlocked so anyone would come in and takeover or steal whatever, right? Or a farm/ranch.

Same goes for a country. It needs to have border security and very much tightened.
Post automatically merged:

Well.. View attachment 405580 !

Everything's going "Far Right" 😡
The media loves using this term for anyone they disagree with, here's one example:

Milei calls himself an Anarcho-Capitalist, not a Far-Rightist. lol

Reactions: BeniBel

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Two things:

1- he won the most seats, doesn't mean he will govern because in a proper democracy, you need a majority, not a 25%, it means that 3/4 voters did NOT vote for him, just to be clear

2- he is a climate change denier. Netherlands are 30% below sea level. I don't see any state sponsored life vests, life boats and swimming classes in his programme.

In short, it will be hilarious.

Last edited by Dark_Ansem,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
People get sick of status quo and vote in crazies, big sad
This right here is why I‘ve given up on Liberals as a whole. Sadly, it’s either keep up with slow and awful status quo or move towards crazies. This has only pushed me deeper into just wanting the entire system to burn down.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
"Far right" oh there goes the credibility. lol

Before it was "Alt Right," now it's "Far Right," and what's next, Ultra Right? I actually like the sound of that. haha
Media loves softening the language to make both sides sound equally reasonable, and that's how fascism gains a foothold even in the 21st century.

Milei calls himself an Anarcho-Capitalist, not a Far-Rightist. lol
AnCaps are literally in favor of slavery, lmao.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have to admit I didn't had a clue. My Dutch friends are left leaning, but it's not something I bring up in conversations. Dutch politics is a bit the opposite of the us in that it has the most amount of political parties in the eu of even the world. Heck... One of my friends used to vote (or even still does) for a party that literally only occupies itself with the care of animals. So yeah... 'winning the election' doesn't mean that much if your ideas aren't compatible with other parties. Vlaams belang scores high in Belgium politics as well, but have never governed yet.

But more so: i pretty much forgot that Geert Wilders was still in politics. I considered him a moron, but I'm talking like ten years ago. But it doesn't seem like he's changed much. He's really talking about leaving the eu? Even after the charade of brexit?
I normally try to keep a straight face in discussions, but this is my reaction::rofl2:

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But more so: i pretty much forgot that Geert Wilders was still in politics. I considered him a moron, but I'm talking like ten years ago. But it doesn't seem like he's changed much. He's really talking about leaving the eu? Even after the charade of brexit?
He is! But then again his paymaster putin demands so

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there needs to be a total stop on immigration. Hopefully some welcome change will come in that regard. Importing people that don’t share western values is a mistake. Luckily here in the US we don’t feel the brunt of it because Latinos at least share our values, but in the EU, importing in Muslims who would in a heartbeat impose sharia if they were given the chance is just cultural suicide. Good riddance to the globalist agenda, best of luck to the Netherlands.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there needs to be a total stop on immigration. Hopefully some welcome change will come in that regard. Importing people that don’t share western values is a mistake. Luckily here in the US we don’t feel the brunt of it because Latinos at least share our values, but in the EU, importing in Muslims who would in a heartbeat impose sharia if they were given the chance is just cultural suicide. Good riddance to the globalist agenda, best of luck to the Netherlands.
Fuck off racist.

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, but the post heavily implied racism as it's also referring to migration, bigotry, islamophobia, what have you. All part of the same coin really.
no, not really. you just make assumptions. Islamophobia is not part of the same coin, i can have a disdain for islam, it's as simple as that. It's an evil ideology and is in complete conflict with the west.

if we look at all these protests and shit that have been happening over the past months across europe and in some parts of the US, it ain't latino migrants leading the charge for the extermination of jews in the middle east, it's muslim migrants and their useful idiot liberal friends like you.

Again, at least Latinos have a Christian, western centric framework that they see the world through, and we can argue about migration policy all day when it comes to people that are a net positive for our society and it's culture. but muslims and islam is in direct conflict with what should be all of our values and if they had their way the liberal democracy that allows us to speak with one another in the west without getting our head chopped off would cease to exist.

Countries like Japan know better in this regard, they know that their culture is important, the beauracries of europe and the us wish to destroy our culture by importing an evil one.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye