Gaming DSi software will be region locked

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Vater Unser said:
Fission said:
Imagine they release let's say 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Twelve Trials' which states 'Only Compatible with the DSi Portable System' on the box.
That's totally not gonna happen unless Iwata really wants some pitchforks up his ass.

QUOTEDidn't they do that with the Gameboy Color or something?
Uhm, no?
While the GameBoy Color does have two exclusive Zelda games (as well as an enhanced version of Link's Awakening), you can't compare the GameBoy Color to the DSi at all.
There are major technical differences between the GameBoy and the GameBoy Color, like, you know, the color. The DSi on the other hand has NO relevant hardware changes at all which would justify the release of exclusive cartridge-based games.

Thanks for clearing that up
smile.gif

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Raiyu245 said:
fateastray said:
Who cares? It has a SD slot. Can anyone say 'Custom Firmware' ? It's gonna happen sooner or later..
We don't even know if the DSi will have firmware.
Of course it will, don't be thick. All devices have some form of firmware in them.
...ok we just went over this. We had a misunderstanding.

Though this is going to be like the Wii all over again. lol

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So does this mean only North American ROMS only work with the DSi? No Japanese or European ROMS of DS games will work with them?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
So does this mean only North American ROMS only work with the DSi? No Japanese or European ROMS of DS games will work with them?
THIS DOES NOT EFFECT RETAIL GAMES ONLY DOWNLOADABLE ONES!

Also

WE WON'T KNOW ABOUT ROMS UNTIL WE GET THE FUCKING THING.

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hadrian said:
Link5084 said:

Also

WE WON'T KNOW ABOUT ROMS UNTIL WE GET THE ******* THING.

i can understand it can be frustrating answering such questions but as a moderator could you please watch your language. the DS is primarily made for younger games and i belive such words should be banned from this forum.

D

Deleted User

Haruhi said:
Has Nintendo said there won't be retail DSi games? No.

We don't know for sure at this point.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a132094...ion-locked.html

Cards purchased at retail and downloaded from the DSi Shop can only be played in their corresponding region, meaning players will not be able to import games from abroad. Original DS titles and internet browsing will be region-free, however.

So, yeah, there will be retail DSi only games. And they are region locked.

Jerme

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nin10do said:
Hadrian said:
Link5084 said:

Also

i can understand it can be frustrating answering such questions but as a moderator could you please watch your language. the DS is primarily made for younger games and i belive such words should be banned from this forum.

i disagree im 3 years old and im into resident evil DS, and waiting my ass off for grand theft auto DS
rolleyes.gif

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jerme said:
nin10do said:
Hadrian said:
Link5084 said:

Also

i disagree im 3 years old

Then you and certain staff should get along just fine.

D

Deleted User

Jerme said:
nin10do said:
Hadrian said:
Link5084 said:

Also

i disagree im 3 years old and im into resident evil DS, and waiting my ass off for grand theft auto DS
rolleyes.gif
blink.gif

lecture.gif
The former attorney known as Jack Thompson is ashamed of you

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
"OH man, so many awesome exclusive DSi titles....And i just bought Guitar Hero On Tour!! Guess i'll have to spend another 150 bucks and carry TWO DS's with me..."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1