Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Someone please close this thread its full of idoits who have no idea how things work. It will only digress into my flaming people.

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Someone please close this thread its full of idoits who have no idea how things work. It will only digress into my flaming people.
I lol'd. "THIS THREAD ITS FULL OF IDOITS."

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xxRAG3 said:
Normmatt said:
I lol'd because Normmatt is so much greater than you.

And on-topic, brute forcing is silly, and currently no game exploits work without severe modification.

So unless you want to start ripping apart your DSi, wait and see.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Joey90 said:
xxRAG3 said:
Normmatt said:
I lol'd because Normmatt is so much greater than you.

And on-topic, brute forcing is silly, and currently no game exploits work without severe modification.

So unless you want to start ripping apart your DSi, wait and see.
you make it sound like game exploits work WITH sever modifications.

BlackNeedle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DeltaBurnt said:
Well...if there IS a game exploit...all we have to do is get a flashcart for the DSi and use a FIFA 08 rom, correct?

Please think. We distinguish between the DSi running in native and limited mode. Common DS-games/flashcards are running in limited mode, DSiware in native DSi-mode. So what needs to be 'unlocked' is DSi mode, which any of todays games/FCs cannot even access. So a savegame-exploit, as long as it's not for a DSiware game, does not help at all.

With that bruteforce-thingy... I guess chances of hitting the key are significanlty lower than finding any particular atom inside our whole universe...

NormmattSomeone please close this thread its full of idoits who have no idea how things work.

But hey, let the people dream, no use in flaming any1. Just be nice and correct those who talk garbage, this way those guys might actually get some knowledge and stop beeing silly.
yaynds.gif

~BlackNeedle

D

Deleted User

BlackNeedle said:
But hey, let the people dream, no use in flaming any1. Just be nice and correct those who talk garbage, this way those guys might actually get some knowledge and stop beeing silly.
yaynds.gif

~BlackNeedle
The best and most polite answer I've seen in years.
Respect +1.

BlackNeedle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pedroion said:
The best and most polite answer I've seen in years.
Respect +1.

Ouch, there is know way I could answer to that... but thx man.
shy.gif
laugh.gif

Well, I also got a question to all of those who stick to the hardware stuff... Has there been a successful attempt on making a complete NAND-dump yet? I read (on hackmii) that bushing tried and failed, and now I wonder about 2 things... 1. has he tried again? and 2. why/how did he fail the 1st time?

Just trying to get the talk back to the interesting stuff,
~BlackNeedle

BlackNeedle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
darkriku2000 said:
If I understood correctly, he blew a fuse sometime during the process

Yeah you're right, sorry for me beeing dumb, it's actually in the text, I simply overread that.
Still interesting me if there's some progress, since somwhere inside the NAND should also be a kind of bootloader which does the decryption things and therefore should contain the decryption routine. Finding that would help, wouldn't it?

Bkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm on board to beta test this thing once it finally gets out.
smile.gif

Muzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't quite remember, I believe that someone got a NAND dump but is not sharing it since it's encrypted like the Wii's and therefore useless. Don't quote me on that though, as I'm not 100% whether that is the case, I might be having a relapse of early Wii-scene memory ;p

Bkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there are similarities from what I've heard. Also, who's to say that desumodnoc doesn't have his hands on something like that right now? I mean, with the people's contacting, I wouldn't be surprised.

Anyway, getting the guy who made the first DSi homebrew and the guy who helped make the Wii homebrew channel together would be an awesome combination to get this thing done with.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Muzer said:
I can't quite remember, I believe that someone got a NAND dump but is not sharing it since it's encrypted like the Wii's and therefore useless. Don't quote me on that though, as I'm not 100% whether that is the case, I might be having a relapse of early Wii-scene memory ;p

NO! That's awesome! Because eventually someone could find the DSi common key with WB3000's brute forcer and we could use that on the dump!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Bkid said:
Anyway, getting the guy who made the first DSi homebrew and the guy who helped make the Wii homebrew channel together would be an awesome combination to get this thing done with.

Nobody has made any DSi homebrew yet and I can't see bushing offering to help. Most people will be more interested in the ability to get free DSiWare then actual DSi homebrew and bushing is pro-homebrew and anti-piracy. Give it time and someone with the capabilities will make a homebrew channel but don't be surprised if it doesn't allow the installation of DSiWare, someone else will have to get the info and code the stuff for that one in a similar way to what Waninko and Wiigator did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl