Not open for further replies.

Matando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
commdante said:
This topic is soo funny. 17 pages, and only a couple actually add something to the whole. Hilarious.

Anyways, for an attempt to at least add something ... why not use a packet-sniffer to get the firmware ... as it no doubtly will be saved to internal RAM/EEPROM which "we" (funny how everyone says "we", isn't it?) don't have access to atm.

Also, afaik WPA (don't know which version) takes about 1 month to crack with a decent computer ... anyone heard of "networked computing"? If not, it's a way to divide to whole process amongst more computers .... say we've got 310 people who'll help: (2.5 hours anyone?). Cancer research universities etc have been using this "technology" for ages now. Even if it would take a year ... with 310 people it would be less than a day. Imho it shouldn't be that hard to program a server and clients for such a project.
Then again, my last project was in QuickBasic 4.5 :-P

there's a problem with that...

the firmware updates on the server are encrypted also(which I found out after trying to hack them)

and it gets decrypted after downloaded and then intalled

I have an idea though, On the wii something was done called the "Twiizer Attack". Maybe Someone can try it on they're dsi after looking it up. *WARNING* it involves some coding and opening your dsi to do it. I'd try it myself if I wasn't afraid to break my dsi when I open it.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would have been nice to post a link or explanation to what a "Twiizer Attack" is.

Anywayz, seems foremost we need the "shared key" or whatever it's called. Should be in the OP by now, if not, scroll some post back for the "brute forcer".

I'm not going to buy a DSi with that annoying "warning screen" :-r everytime I would boot. Also, homebrew is kind of a demand ... don't care much for playing roms as of yet (don't have any DSi games anyway ... so I don't need 10 of them with me atm any way
wink.gif
) Also, Nintendo might actually bring out decent demos through DSi-Ware.. so there wouldn't be any need for pirating anymore.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brute forcing is quite frankly a silly idea.

Although there is a miniscule chance of someone correctly guessing it, there are over 10^38 possible keys, so even if 1,000,000 people could test 1,000,000 keys/sec it would still take over 10^18 years of trialling (on average) to find the key.

We first need a way of running code in DSi mode, then we need to somehow access a part of the DSi memory that contains the key, unencrypted. This could I suppose be done in a similar tweezer attack (Wii-DSi, GC-DS), though it seems highly unlikely that Nintendo would leave the exact same exploit there.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, it's still the best bet atm though. And since it isn't a sequential brute-force .. the odds are even higher.
On the other hand, the odds of getting the right one are also higher ... every single person that helps adds to the possibility exponential. 2 people aren't twice as fast, but do have double the chance.
BTW, we aren't even using our GPU's atm!
wink.gif

If you buy a lottery-ticket, you might never win the grand-price. Or you might be a millionaire tomorrow.

If I only knew what language the program was written in, I might be able to barf one out to run through CUDA (nVidia GPU calculated).

a2h

Trophies
XP
Country
commdante said:
Hmm, it's still the best bet atm though. And since it isn't a sequential brute-force .. the odds are even higher.
On the other hand, the odds of getting the right one are also higher ... every single person that helps adds to the possibility exponential. 2 people aren't twice as fast, but do have double the chance.
wink.gif

If you buy a lottery-ticket, you might never win the grand-price. Or you might be a millionaire tomorrow.

If I only knew what language the program was written in, I might be able to barf one out to run through CUDA (nVidia GPU calculated).
How many people use Intel or ATI chipsets versus NV?

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
a2h said:
How many people use Intel or ATI chipsets versus NV?
Intel? You're kidding, right? Anyways, I don't even know what the API (or whatever) for ATI is called, I'm sure someone else will be able to adapt the program for ATI (unless there is no SDK/compiler for ATI ... whatever.)

@Housefire
Check the sourcecode
sleep.gif
'

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
commdante said:
wink.gif

I believe that it's written in c++ though I could be wrong

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
darkriku2000 said:
I believe that it's written in c++ though I could be wrong
I'm pretty sure you're wrong. C++ is a lot more logical/low level with #include filename etc instead of "using" with some library? ... seems to be some higher/scripting/semi-language, although it has a lot of C++ similarities, hence the C# guess.

Muzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let me clear this up.

CashMan had nothing to do with the Wii homebrew channel. Unless he was a beta tester, which doesn't really mean much. Want proof? Check the credits.

Yasu's "hack" on youtube could easily be fake. What is to stop that from being simply loaded from a flash cart?

I do think that that many people are being unrealistic about this. If we completely crack open the DSi in a few months using one of the current channels or a current technique then fine, I'm wrong. But unless Nintendo release another channel that has poor SD access, I doubt this is going to happen in the near future.

Read more of bushing's posts for more proof that the majority of this is bullshit.

EDIT: And don't give me any of that "well do it yourself" bullshit, if I would I could, but I believe that currently, nobody could (subject to change!). The vast majority of this stuff simply isn't helping, and is just giving people false hopes. The only thing I've seen in this thread (and I've read the whole thread) that could be worthwhile and succesful is brute-forcing the key, but I haven't looked it up, and I don't know what the chances of that happening is, so I won't comment on that until I've researched it further.

player1244

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Muzer said:
Let me clear this up.

CashMan had nothing to do with the Wii homebrew channel. Unless he was a beta tester, which doesn't really mean much. Want proof? Check the credits.

Yasu's "hack" on youtube could easily be fake. What is to stop that from being simply loaded from a flash cart?

I do think that that many people are being unrealistic about this. If we completely crack open the DSi in a few months using one of the current channels or a current technique then fine, I'm wrong. But unless Nintendo release another channel that has poor SD access, I doubt this is going to happen in the near future.

Read more of bushing's posts for more proof that the majority of this is bullshit.

EDIT: And don't give me any of that "well do it yourself" bullshit, if I would I could, but I believe that currently, nobody could (subject to change!). The vast majority of this stuff simply isn't helping, and is just giving people false hopes. The only thing I've seen in this thread (and I've read the whole thread) that could be worthwhile and succesful is brute-forcing the key, but I haven't looked it up, and I don't know what the chances of that happening is, so I won't comment on that until I've researched it further.

Sorry, but i think he's right. It actually CAN be fake, the hack of Yasu. And, Nintendo made SD access, so there should be titles that have poor SD access.
But what i wanted to know, why everyone compares DSi with Wii? Twilight hack was something with Zelda, and Zelda is not for the DSi (yet).

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Muzer said:
Let me clear this up.

now that you pointed this out i'm starting not to have much hope for the DSi homebrw channel.the credits say everything cashman had nothing to do with yhe homebrew unless he was just a beta tester.still i hope one day this channel comes out atleast before the next nintendo handheld system comes out.right now i don't care for buying the DSi anymore.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Muzer said:

it was up wayyyyyyyy before flash carts where made commercially available, or even made to work in the company making AceKard, which was i think the first to be made to work, but it was in a way which couldnt be released to begin with. Anyway, yasu's hack is real, it appeared long before DSi compatible flash carts

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
SifJar said:
Muzer said:

it was up wayyyyyyyy before flash carts where made commercially available, or even made to work in the company making AceKard, which was i think the first to be made to work, but it was in a way which couldnt be released to begin with. Anyway, yasu's hack is real, it appeared long before DSi compatible flash carts

I second that, yasu's hack was done long before anything else could run on a DSi.

Muzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I take back it could have been a flash cart, but it could still have been a savegame exploit in an ordinary DS game, as Blasty's exploit is. There is nothing to prove that it is running natively on the DSi.

highanimalhouse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep this in mind that what I say may not work and is wishful thinking....

...but if Blasty's hack is a save-game exploit is there a way to figure out how it got to work and can it be used to run homebrew? I guess people will start buying copies of FIFA 08 DS soon if it does lead to that....I believe that exploit lives part of the answer but I think it'll be awhile before the DSi is figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car