Status
Not open for further replies.

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
if and when the dsi gets a homebrew channel will that me the dsi can get patched to make flash carts like the cyclods work.still haven't got a dsi yet but with a homebrew channel for it i'm getting one.
In theory, yes.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
i dont think so....someone said something about sd cards transfer rate is too slow so it wouldnt be able to run gba 100%

moisesmcardona

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
About GBA. The SD speed may be slow, but what if the GBA games up to 16MB (and I say 16MB since the DSi have 16MB of RAM) be copied to the DSi RAM and then be loaded from it (or copy the game to the DSi Internal Memory instead of RAM?)? Then use the DSi Internal Memory to save the Saves and then, when finish playing the GBA game, the save be copied to the SD Card.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moisesmcardona said:
About GBA. The SD speed may be slow, but what if the GBA games up to 16MB (and I say 16MB since the DSi have 16MB of RAM) be copied to the DSi RAM and then be loaded from it (or copy the game to the DSi Internal Memory instead of RAM?)? Then use the DSi Internal Memory to save the Saves and then, when finish playing the GBA game, the save be copied to the SD Card.

The wii can play back ups through the SD Card so i think a minuscule portion of a wii game, meaning a GBA will perfectly run.
Also it's possible for nintendo to release GBA games in the DSiWare.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
This topic is soo funny. 17 pages, and only a couple actually add something to the whole. Hilarious.

Anyways, for an attempt to at least add something ... why not use a packet-sniffer to get the firmware ... as it no doubtly will be saved to internal RAM/EEPROM which "we" (funny how everyone says "we", isn't it?) don't have access to atm.

Also, afaik WPA (don't know which version) takes about 1 month to crack with a decent computer ... anyone heard of "networked computing"? If not, it's a way to divide to whole process amongst more computers .... say we've got 310 people who'll help: (2.5 hours anyone?). Cancer research universities etc have been using this "technology" for ages now. Even if it would take a year ... with 310 people it would be less than a day. Imho it shouldn't be that hard to program a server and clients for such a project.
Then again, my last project was in QuickBasic 4.5 :-P

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moisesmcardona said:

It doesn't quite work like that, system memory maybe, but not on the ram

QUOTE(xDlmaoxD @ Apr 16 2009, 04:28 PM) The wii can play back ups through the SD Card so i think a minuscule portion of a wii game, meaning a GBA will perfectly run.
Also it's possible for nintendo to release GBA games in the DSiWare.

Again, not the same, the wii is a bigger system with more powerful memory and the ability to read the sd card at a faster speed, so unless nintendo makes a virtual handheld equivalent of the VC that the wii has, or until a coder makes a good enough gba emulator, we don't currently have a way to play gba games (except for with a flash cart)

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
commdante said:
This topic is soo funny. 17 pages, and only a couple actually add something to the whole. Hilarious.

Anyways, for an attempt to at least add something ... why not use a packet-sniffer to get the firmware ... as it no doubtly will be saved to internal RAM/EEPROM which "we" (funny how everyone says "we", isn't it?) don't have access to atm.

Also, afaik WPA (don't know which version) takes about 1 month to crack with a decent computer ... anyone heard of "networked computing"? If not, it's a way to divide to whole process amongst more computers .... say we've got 310 people who'll help: (2.5 hours anyone?). Cancer research universities etc have been using this "technology" for ages now. Even if it would take a year ... with 310 people it would be less than a day. Imho it shouldn't be that hard to program a server and clients for such a project.
Then again, my last project was in QuickBasic 4.5 :-P

alright I don't know what you are talking about. What makes you....

OH RIGHT.

You mean during an update? actually that sounds like it could be a good idea, but I dont think that they would download the entire firmware during an update (or it might, like the psp).

Can't believe noone has thought of this

Though i have no ideaq why you are talking about cracking WPA.

Someone should try this and see what they end up with (someone with an un-updated DSi)

Now finding someone with one is the real problem, and someone who is willing to try update as well.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
This might be of some use to you.
wink.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149267

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
darkriku2000 said:
I downloaded it, but I HIGHLY doubt it will work
why's that. A bruteforcer is a bruteforcer bro, if you go through every possible combination it will eventually work.

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but it will take forever

Trying every possible combination will take forever

Think of it like robbing a bank

If you know how to get past a bank's safe than you can be in and out in no time (Assuming there's nothing else in your way) but if you go through every combination than the cops will be there before you even get it open

Difference in this case is that instead of the cops taking you away another hacker will find a way to break the code before you

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
WB3000 said:
LOL, seems some people were already on it ... would be nice to have it more structured though ... give people a range to crack etc.

I was talking about WPA because I read somewhere the key is an AES, TKIP or whatever encryption, like WPA has too. Wonder why he talks about years though ... last time I read WPA could be cracked in a month. I guess it's a WPA2 encryption orso .. haven't read anything about that yet.

Anywayz, it might be a long-shot ... but if you're just browsing orso: what's the loss? (except the rest of your CPU cycles you're not using anyway). The more that try, the bigger the chance and thus the faster we'll find it.
smile.gif

Great thanks for the link, I hope it will be added to the OP/SP.

And afaik firmwares (and BIOS...as it's the "firmware" of your mobo) are always updated in complete, since it's too hard/annoying to take every version in account. Also, it's easier to check if the EEPROM (or whatever, usually is though) is correct..and if not, try again. Offcourse DSI might be different.

Hmm, just remembered, might just be the nature of EEPROM, is the firmware of the DSi in an EEPROM? If so, it must be a complete file/firmware. (Afaik it can only erase everything, not just bits/parts of it.)

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkriku2000 said:
Yes, but it will take forever

Trying every possible combination will take forever

Think of it like robbing a bank

If you know how to get past a bank's safe than you can be in and out in no time (Assuming there's nothing else in your way) but if you go through every combination than the cops will be there before you even get it open

Difference in this case is that instead of the cops taking you away another hacker will find a way to break the code before you
But I know how to pick a combination lock on a safe.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you don't know the combination of the lock though ... it's in theory faster to try every combination. And .... with a couple of thousand people trying their own part to do ... it's done in no-time
wink.gif

No idea how many people are trying atm though ... so the random is probably faster/more likely atm...

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
I havent actually checked out the program, i'm interested in how it checks the integrity of the keys which it generates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol