Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Lucarian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I have CFW Luma, and in this tutorial when I try to copy over the nds folder, it says something about GBArunner2 properties, and I want to make sure that it won't corrupt my SD card.

Attachments

• NDS issue.PNG
    NDS issue.PNG
    10.1 KB · Views: 365

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this means I can't play Challenge mode from the start in either Pokemon Black 2 or White 2. So it looks like when Union Link is accessed the game creates a sav file that can be edited to have all the keys unlocked instead of having to use an Action Replay code. :D I tried to edit the .sav file with Gen V Save Tool by suloku but the file came up as invalid. :angry: *Facepalm* Just realized I don't even need to do all this. I feel so inept. :rofl2:

Last edited by Natural,

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, so I have CFW Luma, and in this tutorial when I try to copy over the nds folder, it says something about GBArunner2 properties, and I want to make sure that it won't corrupt my SD card.

Weird, mine just copied flawlessly. If its just the GBARunner NDS file, then try to run DSiMenu++ without it. I guess this is just a NDS homebrew emulator for GBA ROMs. I guess we don't need it. Try this and post if it works.

Antos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then i don't think so. My R4 menu (Wood Kernel) has options for SAV files size, i just let it choose one for the ROM, so different games have they own different SAV file size, which, if i remember corretly, are over 512kb, some i think are even 4MB.
I don't know anything about R4. I forget that there are more than one method. I use a cfw and when a save is created for my rom all the .sav files are that exact size and will play on No$gba on pc but the default .sav file from that emulator will change them to a compressed or uncompressed type of .sav that have other sizes unlike the raw .sav which stays the same file size as the other rom saves in the folder with my roms other wise it reads them them as corrupted.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Experiment_T

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having issues with getting this to auto boot on a dsi with HiyaCFW. Autoboot.bin is in the correct folder as well as having the launchargs in the dsiware folder. It's enabled in the CFW settings as well as having it enabled in DSiMenu++ (If it's enabled the option should show "Restore DSi menu" correct?) However it never launches and instead loads the DSi Menu on the SD NAND as if it was never there. Any ideas on a fix?

theoldbucwild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m having a problem with FE Heroes of Light and Shadow. I’m at the very end right before the credits/campaign results and the game just turns to a black screen. I really doubt this is a problem with the rom? Help?

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I’m having a problem with FE Heroes of Light and Shadow. I’m at the very end right before the credits/campaign results and the game just turns to a black screen. I really doubt this is a problem with the rom? Help?

The compatibility list states they only tested the beginning of the game. Also, they used the japanese ROM with a English patch. If its the same ROM and having the problems at the end, you should let the Dev know about this issue, the game is in green now, so guess it should be reverted to blue.

D

Deleted User

For NTR/TWL roms/games its not possible.
Ah OK thanks just wondering. Was messing with a vita gba emulator that had the option. Oh well

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One more question. Does anyone else have a problem on dragon quest 9 were you can't move the cursor on character creation screen?

Savior-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My n3dsxl is on sysnand 11.8 luma3ds. My acekard2i works, but I wanted to try this. I installed both cia's with fbi but they don't pop up on the menu. They show up in fbi and i can execute them from there and it can load nds games. Any ideas why the dsimenu cia's won't show on the menu?

Last edited by Savior-X,

ClasicGameman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
yess every time i pĺayed spiderman 2 on my dsi i get this error any bodu knows what this means

Attachments

• 1533052803402-1515880.jpg
    1533052803402-1515880.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 368

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ah OK thanks just wondering. Was messing with a vita gba emulator that had the option. Oh well

Maybe because ntrbootstrap isn't a emulator, all 3DS models have NDS hardware, guess the games are running the way they should. Don't know, only tested Pokémon Platinum (U) and compared to my NDS Lite and didn't noticed any differenced aside from the graphics looking blured on the 3DS screen, but i guess it happens with all NDS games, even on cartridges.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My n3dsxl is on sysnand 11.8 luma3ds. My acekard2i works, but I wanted to try this. I installed both cia's with fbi but they don't pop up on the menu. They show up in fbi and i can execute them from there and it can load nds games. Any ideas why the dsimenu cia's won't show on the menu?

I used the 3DS version, no flashcard version. There are 3 CIAS to be installed, one of them with become the DSiMenu++ HOME menu app, the other two will simply vanish after installation.

Reactions: Savior-X

Omewes

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When i reboot into DSiMenu inside the launcher my console goes into a black screen that says "an error has occurred, hold down the power button to turn off the power...". I have already tried the fix in the hack guide (i dont link it because im a new member) and it still doesnt work. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy