Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

DSUPERY92

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I tried to start Dsimenu ++ via the menu and the launcher and as soon as I start Luma3ds it says: card removed instead if I start it from FBI it starts without problems. (From how I can guess I'm starting from 3ds)

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
My n3dsxl is on sysnand 11.8 luma3ds. My acekard2i works, but I wanted to try this. I installed both cia's with fbi but they don't pop up on the menu. They show up in fbi and i can execute them from there and it can load nds games. Any ideas why the dsimenu cia's won't show on the menu?
Install the launcher from here: https://github.com/Robz8/DSiMenuPlusPlus-Launcher/releases

Edit: oops, I didn't see the next page lol.

Reactions: Savior-X

eddie_phoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does DSimenu++ works with this old piece of hardware? asking for a friend (really)

Attachments

• IMG-20180801-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20180801-WA0005.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 243

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody else ever gotten a white screen when exiting from Unova Link or Mystery Gift on Pokemon Black 2 or White 2?

Noniav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've see some fixed DS roms that are already patched. Can i use those or should i get the regular rom and Ap patch them myself?
Also, altering memory clock or sound quality makes Kirby SSU sound like No&gba zoomer wihtout the sound fix

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've see some fixed DS roms that are already patched. Can i use those or should i get the regular rom and Ap patch them myself?
Also, altering memory clock or sound quality makes Kirby SSU sound like No&gba zoomer wihtout the sound fix
You can of course use pre-patched ROMs. Personally, I prefer downloading clean ROMs and applying the patches myself for the sole purpose of knowing which exact patch has been used

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm here because this is the second time White 2 completely froze on me in the overworld. Has this happened to anyone else? I save constantly because I don't know when it'll happen.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

idlemoose

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Stuck and pretty confused:

I have a N2SDXL with 11.8 running CFW. Largely want to play Pokemon Platinum/BlackWhite/Black2White2 and some other games and ultimately expand DS game library. Having trouble deciding if I should be installing DSiMenu++ right on my console (I'm having trouble finding patched versions of roms and I am running a mac so patching myself doesn't seem like an option)

Trying to install on my R4i 3DS RTS but am confused because after downloading the linked file and getting to this step:

4. Extract what's in "Flashcard autoboot/(your flashcard)" to the root of the flashcard's microSD card.

The linked file has 3 folders (Forwards CIAs & TWloader, Forwarder CIAs only and SRLOADER) I am unclear which one I am supposed to be doing?

Also I am unsure if I need to have any kernels or files for my R4i on there. Basically I used my flashcart to install CFW and using 3dshacks I refreshed it back so I don't know if there are any steps I should be doing before hand?

Can someone help me out? Or even advise if I should disregard the flashcart and do a better job at finding patched roms or if the flashcart is best option right now how to go about installing?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I have a N2SDXL with 11.8 running CFW. Largely want to play Pokemon Platinum/BlackWhite/Black2White2 and some other games and ultimately expand DS game library. Having trouble deciding if I should be installing DSiMenu++ right on my console (I'm having trouble finding patched versions of roms and I am running a mac so patching myself doesn't seem like an option)

Trying to install on my R4i 3DS RTS but am confused because after downloading the linked file and getting to this step:

4. Extract what's in "Flashcard autoboot/(your flashcard)" to the root of the flashcard's microSD card.

The linked file has 3 folders (Forwards CIAs & TWloader, Forwarder CIAs only and SRLOADER) I am unclear which one I am supposed to be doing?

Also I am unsure if I need to have any kernels or files for my R4i on there. Basically I used my flashcart to install CFW and using 3dshacks I refreshed it back so I don't know if there are any steps I should be doing before hand?

Can someone help me out? Or even advise if I should disregard the flashcart and do a better job at finding patched roms or if the flashcart is best option right now how to go about installing?
If you have an android phone you can patch your roms using that. Just go to the play store and download rom patcher. As for your other problems i will leave that to someone else to answer.

idlemoose

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have an android phone you can patch your roms using that. Just go to the play store and download rom patcher. As for your other problems i will leave that to someone else to answer.

That's really helpful, I don't have an android phone but I am sure I can get my hands on one to batch patch a few games. Is there an app name in particular that you recommend? I may go this route so I don't need to worry about carrying around the flashcart while travelling

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by AmandaRose,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pick the SRLoader one.

Reactions: idlemoose

Carro179

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't know if it's meant to be posted here, but I tried playing Lego Rock Band, but after the loading screen, it just stays in black.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's meant to be posted here, but I tried playing Lego Rock Band, but after the loading screen, it just stays in black.
Should be posted in the nds-bootstrap thread.
Also, if you already have latest nds-bootstrap, try turning off async prefetch for this game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton