Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is neat for me. I still have my NDS Lite fully working, but since i still using my R4 Revolution v2, i stuck with four 2 GB SD cards for my NDS games and homebrews. Its getting harder to find a good NDS flashcard nowdays on my country, so i an't play NDS games on my 3DS. I kinda curious, i have CFW (Luma3DS + B9S) installed on my Old 3DS, which alread have a "boot.nds" on the root of the SD card. Should i leave it there, i put the new boot.nds on its place?

Also, does the save files from Pokémon created by DSimenu++ work on PKSM?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is neat for me. I still have my NDS Lite fully working, but since i still using my R4 Revolution v2, i stuck with four 2 GB SD cards for my NDS games and homebrews. Its getting harder to find a good NDS flashcard nowdays on my country, so i an't play NDS games on my 3DS. I kinda curious, i have CFW (Luma3DS + B9S) installed on my Old 3DS, which alread have a "boot.nds" on the root of the SD card. Should i leave it there, i put the new boot.nds on its place?
Put the new one in place.
Also, does the save files from Pokémon created by DSimenu++ work on PKSM?
It should work with PKSM.

Reactions: MegaGenesis

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, i installed the DSi Menu ++ (used the cia launcher) and everything worked. I digged into my older backup DVDs and got all my NDS ROMs (which are the same i use in my R4 Revolution) and tried Pokémon Platinum (U) (the only ROM i copied, just to test) and it sucessfully booted into the game and keept the save file. I not noticed any problem, everything runs like in my NDS Lite. Guess i'll finally be able to proper play Super Mario 64 DS :rolleyes:

Pressing home to go back to the main 3DS menu works too. I'll post later if it works or not with PKSM and trading/battling with my NDS Lite.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just a quick suggestion, as I'm missing the updaters for box art and DSiMenu++ itself (TWLoader had that) - why not include it in the 3DS DSiMenu++ loader? Won't be helpful to DSi users, of course, but the majority of DSiMenu++ users should be 3DS owners anyways.

Also, if GBARunner2 can really corrupt the SD card, is it a wise choice to keep it in there? Looks like the potential disadvantages far outweigh the benefits. Maybe it should be a separate download with a big fat warning disclamer.

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What a bummer, i completely forgot PKSM don't have support for DS games yet (waiting for someone to develop it). When trying, got stuck in a loading loop until in crashed in a black error screen.

Also tried communication with my NDS Lite, and nothing. I don't know how much far i must go into the game, i just received the Poké Balls from Dawn at Route 202. I went to Sandgem's PC and tried the Union Room. It entered there, but no wireless communication launched. I tried manually turn the wireless On like any 3DS software, but it was no use. Now, i don't know, my battery was at the Red light alread, secongs later it started blinking, so i don't know if the console blocked wireless to save battery life.

Edit: I tried Multiplayer again and worked (Union Room in Platinum). You have to turn Wireless communications ON before booting DSiMenu++ and that will keep until you use it in-game. Tested between my Old 3DS with Platinum (U) (nds bootstrap) and my NDS Lite with Pearl (U) (R4 Revolution). Right now i can't test Battles, i don't have three Lv 30 Pokémon, but i sucesfully traded between the two games.

Also, since DSi Menu ++ uses SAV files for progress, can i take and use save files from emulators and flashcards?

Also, if GBARunner2 can really corrupt the SD card, is it a wise choice to keep it in there?

Good point. Its not worth it. I think a separed download would be better. So can i delet the GBARunner2 files from my SD to prevent myself to acidentaly alunching it?

Last edited by MegaGenesis,

Antos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a bummer, i completely forgot PKSM don't have support for DS games yet (waiting for someone to develop it). When trying, got stuck in a loading loop until in crashed in a black error screen.

Also tried communication with my NDS Lite, and nothing. I don't know how much far i must go into the game, i just received the Poké Balls from Dawn at Route 202. I went to Sandgem's PC and tried the Union Room. It entered there, but no wireless communication launched. I tried manually turn the wireless On like any 3DS software, but it was no use. Now, i don't know, my battery was at the Red light alread, secongs later it started blinking, so i don't know if the console blocked wireless to save battery life.

Also, since DSi Menu ++ uses SAV files for progress, can i take and use save files from emulators and flashcards?

I have been able to transfer my dsimenu .sav with no$gba but, you have to make sure it's saved as a raw .sav and not compressed or uncompressed otherwise it would think the file is corrupt. Raw .sav will have a fixed size of like 512kb (look at your ds saves they will all have the same file size).

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have been able to transfer my dsimenu .sav with no$gba but, you have to make sure it's saved as a raw .sav and not compressed or uncompressed otherwise it would think the file is corrupt. Raw .sav will have a fixed size of like 512kb (look at your ds saves they will all have the same file size).

Then i don't think so. My R4 menu (Wood Kernel) has options for SAV files size, i just let it choose one for the ROM, so different games have they own different SAV file size, which, if i remember corretly, are over 512kb, some i think are even 4MB.

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does deleting all saved data for Pokemon White 2 usually take long? It's been nearly ten minutes and the screen still says "Deleting all saved data... Don't turn off the power."

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey. How would I access cheats? I only need to use one.
So it took me a second to figure out how to get cheats working. So DSiMenu++ doesn't have a menu for cheats nor is there a method to turn them on/off. All the cheats simply load from the "cheats.xml" if it's in the "_nds" folder. So basically you have to create your own cheats.xml with the cheats you want and they will be auto-loaded when the game loads
https://github.com/ahezard/nds-bootstrap/issues/200

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro