ROM Hack Dragon Quest IX menu translation

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lcleong said:
is the fix already inside the patch?
Yes it is. Using AK2i here...worked fine thru the opening check.

QUOTE(donelwero @ Jul 13 2009, 02:11 AM) So here it is!! Menu translation for all!
laugh.gif

DQ9 Menu Patch July13

Should work as fine as the first one i did. Any problems not related to how-to-patch, please let me know.
Edit: It has an autopatcher now. just learned how to make one!! Nvm just drop a CLEAN rom over the dropromhere file.

I translated other stuff... but really, can't remember, my brain's full of kanji right now.
wacko.gif
Thanks for the work! Trying it out right now, thanks!

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
just so u know
biggrin.gif

After certain job reaches level 15, u be able to unlock the higher rank version of their job

?" ?????? batorumasutaa

For entertainment, their is just an suit for both male and female version and its pretty simple, get 5 ally to super tension, doesn't have to be in 1 battle, can be spreaded out.

Warrior/Soldier at level 15 unlocks a side quest

where u have to be in high tension AND use dragon slash(which is the first skill under sword tech) on a slime

edit1: hoo hoo, just completed another job advancement side quest

Req: level 15 mage/priest, i guess it works both way

What u need to do is find a metal slime and have the mage cast the first mage skill( it cost 8points to learn by the way, under all those skill trees, go to the 4th option)?????which is kinda like a magic mirror according to here: http://ameblo.jp/koulinovesperia/ and have that mage kill the metal slime and this needs to be done 3 times. As long as the mage has cast that skill,and those 3(if u are extremely lucky) didn't run away, as long as u kill those 3, u will be able to completed this
biggrin.gif
and also as usual, this doesn't has to be done in 1 battle

and its called: DQ Jingle please
biggrin.gif

?????? mahau senwshi

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
donelwero said:
Just want to let you know why it takes so long. I can find the text for almost everything in the menu. But text is scattered everywhere amongst all the files in the rom. Besides, to many words repeat all over again and again. So let's say I translate ????? "quicksave", but in game it keeps showing up in japanese. So i have to look all over the text again for every ????? just to find the right one.

As I said, I'm no expert rom-hacker nor translator. So I encourage you to keep doing what you've done so far golio and Densetsu3000. You're doing an amazing job!

Ok!

QUOTE(donelwero @ Jul 13 2009, 02:11 AM) So here it is!! Menu translation for all!
laugh.gif

DQ9 Menu Patch July13

Should work as fine as the first one i did. Any problems not related to how-to-patch, please let me know.
Edit: It has an autopatcher now. just learned how to make one!! Nvm just drop a CLEAN rom over the dropromhere file.

I translated other stuff... but really, can't remember, my brain's full of kanji right now.
wacko.gif

I added it to the OP!

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are the locations of two of the menus:

Shop menu
/data/bin/menu/bgmake_shop.pac

Sandy's Menu (aka Records)
/data/bin/menu/str_jr.nat

I've been messing around with the files, so as I find menus that you may have not found I'll list the file names here. Hopefully it helps.
smile.gif

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donelwero said:
Can't open .pac files. Whenever i try to open them with crystaltile2 the window closes. I'm using vista... any ideas?

I've been using a program called MadEdit, which does open .pac files and has Shift_JIS encoding for the Japanese characters.

Here you go:
http://madedit.sourceforge.net/wiki/index....n_Page#Download

Edit:

I don't think the Options menu has been translated in the patch yet, so here is the file to edit:
/data/bin/menu/str_tm.nat

Look about 40-50% down through the file and you'll see them.

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I did translate the Options Menu in the patch
smile.gif

Now. Can anyone please give a .sav file please? I haven't even beaten the first boss!!! I have an acekard 2i so I think I'll do fine with a .sav

Thanks! Shop Menu... done!

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
donelwero said:
I did translate the Options Menu in the patch
smile.gif

Now. Can anyone please give a .sav file please? I haven't even beaten the first boss!!! I have an acekard 2i so I think I'll do fine with a .sav

Thanks! Shop Menu... done!
I'll PM you mine.

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I checked your patch and see that the Inn menu is not translated. You can find it in:
/data/bin/menu/str_inncmnd.nat

One thing I noticed with the Inn menu is that after you choose to spend a night at an Inn, a second option appears below the first. I know the third is definitely Exit, but since I don't know any Japanese, I'm clueless about those two other options. One is probably sleep or something similar.

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donelwero said:
Ya! Did that one minutes ago.

The first one is something like: Overnight.
Second: Rest
Third: Quit.

The first one can't be "Sleep" it doesn't fit, so it'll be "Stay".

Are there any parts that you're having trouble finding?

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah. Item names seems to be missing. You can find them everywhere but it's not for the menu. In-menu items stay in japanese.

Sandy's menu, the same stuff. 討伐モンスターリスト (Defeated Monster List) repeats three or four times i believe, but none of them are for the first menu (the one with the blue buttons and pink background). Maybe they're just buttons, not text. Don't know.

So I'm going to translate every やくそう (medicinal plant or Med Herb in the translation) To see if I can get the right one.

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donelwero said:
Yeah. Item names seems to be missing. You can find them everywhere but it's not for the menu. In-menu items stay in japanese.

Sandy's menu, the same stuff. ?????????? (Defeated Monster List) repeats three or four times i believe, but none of them are for the first menu (the one with the blue buttons and pink background). Maybe they're just buttons, not text. Don't know.

So I'm going to translate every ???? (medicinal plant or Med Herb in the translation) To see if I can get the right one.

Yeah, the Sandy's menu file I mentioned seems to only have stuff from the top screen.

Are you planning on translating all the items or just the medicinal plants? What about magic and skills? I see you have the basic Heal spell translated.

Its too bad the game doesn't handle English letters too well, everything has to be shortened.

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Yup... I don't really know how much i'm going to translate. If I'm able to find the skill names they'll be translated (I know I'll end up translating a thousand words just so they show up where we want to). The same thing for skills. And yeah, hate to make word shorter but... nothing else I can do.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok now i know i'm missing something.

i got a COMPLETELY fresh and clean rom, patched it with the JULY 13TH patch and YET still i get the white screen. I am on v1.22 of the R4, and no i still get white screen on YSMenu. Are we suppose to apply a fix to the rom after the patch? apply arm7?

humasect

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello friends! I can help with any translating or story or anything you may need for this DQ9 project you have going here=)

I wonder, is the game's framerate low for others? when there are 4 party members, maybe even some places with just 3, the game becomes half frame rate and becomes more difficult to navigate as when the frame rate is smooth. Could it be the cause of a dynarec 1gb flash card? Thanks!

canx13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i downloaded the july 13th file but there is just 1 file and its blablabla.rar(i dunno what the name is) and no .bat file so can somebody help

(P.S. i translated soma bringer.jap and there was a .bat and i did it succesfully it was like you say with a .bat file but there isn't one in the download so .... yheah)
help
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice