Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

FawfulCopter27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue with loading Minecraft through Loadiine. It boots up fine and everything on a non-NID account, but on the menu the gamepad controller forces down, so I'm not able to select anything on the menu because it just keeps scrolling through them. I have made sure that there's no other controllers connected, and the gamepad works fine when I exit to the home menu, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Apparently my Pro Controller is working fine, but the Gamepad still doesn't. Neither does a classic controller.

Last edited by FawfulCopter27,

SmashSplatMaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I try and dump Smash using ddd, when I boot up Smash it doesn't connect to titledumper on my PC. I've tried everything, Loadiine with Homebrew Kernel, Loadiine with just Homebrew, and the regular DDDKernel and DDD bookmarks. I'm sure I'm putting my IP in right... Help!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have two questions:
1. Its possible to raise the limit of the Mii storage? I think the limit are 75-76 Miis only.
2. Where I can change the voice of the characters? I have put a custom skin in Corrin and it has the male voice when the skin is female.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know about the Mii limit thing, but why don't you just put the Corrin skin you downloaded on a female corrin alt? (c01, 3, 5, 7)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm having an issue with loading Minecraft through Loadiine. It boots up fine and everything on a non-NID account, but on the menu the gamepad controller forces down, so I'm not able to select anything on the menu because it just keeps scrolling through them. I have made sure that there's no other controllers connected, and the gamepad works fine when I exit to the home menu, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Apparently my Pro Controller is working fine, but the Gamepad still doesn't. Neither does a classic controller.

I don't think Classic Controller works with Minecraft anyway.

FawfulCopter27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Classic Controller works with Minecraft anyway.
The classic controller actually does work, but it forces me to stare at the ground and I can only move around and not move the camera. Same as the Gamepad for the most part. I just really want to be able to use a second controller with it so I can play multiplayer...

SmashSplatMaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The classic controller actually does work, but it forces me to stare at the ground and I can only move around and not move the camera. Same as the Gamepad for the most part. I just really want to be able to use a second controller with it so I can play multiplayer...

Hmm.. maybe go ask this in the Loadiine forum instead of this one.

Baggy Scraggy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its easy, you have to update first your backup of Smash that you are using for Sm4shExplorer, use NEW-NUSGrabber for downloading the new update (v288). Later open again your Sm4ashExplorer and look at the Game info section on the left, if it says "Version: 288" you are doing good. Later go to "Project" and "Build the mod". It will create again everything with the new update.

Where do we place the update files? Also, the new SmashExplorer wont show my mods, anything I need to do in order to get them to show up?

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii u crashes when I boot up smash with hacks why? I changed the xml file on smash explorer to see 288 and put my old hacks in now it crashes

Kureido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried dumping my sm4sh with titledumper. It starts dumping but stops the dump at around the same time, about 2gb into reading the file dt01. Is there anything causing this? How can I fix it?

Attachments

• capture2.PNG
    capture2.PNG
    3 KB · Views: 271

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple of things to note with the new version of Sm4sh Explorer:
Delete original xml and make it recreate it
it uses a new file system for extraction. Patch files now located in relase/content/patch. sounds also in the content folder, Move those files in the game id folder of your SD Card.

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
Couple of things to note with the new version of Sm4sh Explorer:
Delete original xml and make it recreate it
it uses a new file system for extraction. Patch files now located in relase/content/patch. sounds also in the content folder, Move those files in the game id folder of your SD Card.

What files are supposed to be in the sound folder after building the mod? I get nothing in there after every build.

mememan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii u hangs on the booting splash screen of the gamepad when trying to load my new mods for 1.1.6. I'm not dumping the game so i dont know whats wrong.

ThatNintendoNerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I require assistance! So I extracted the ui_stage_db.bin parameter file, I edited some values in Parameters.exe, and when I saved and compiled in Sm4shexplorer, I loaded it with SD Cafiine and just hangs at the splash screen. So I relocate my ui_stage_db.bin and open it, and it shortened down from 77 to 22 entry's, each one has one value in each entry, and have corrupted values. Can anyone help me?

Reactions: FlappyFalco

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I require assistance! So I extracted the ui_stage_db.bin parameter file, I edited some values in Parameters.exe, and when I saved and compiled in Sm4shexplorer, I loaded it with SD Cafiine and just hangs at the splash screen. So I relocate my ui_stage_db.bin and open it, and it shortened down from 77 to 22 entry's, each one has one value in each entry, and have corrupted values. Can anyone help me?
latest version of sm4sh explorer has it build in and nolonger crashes with the built in one. Use that one by simply clicking the bin file in the program!

Reactions: FlappyFalco

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: So I got it to start up, but the box is really small. I'm assuming there's something I need to click below the game version, but I can't see it.

It seems to think I'm still on update 224 as well.

Last edited by EmblemCrossing,

BeRnYGP

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@BeRnYGP

I tried doing as you say, it's loading both Kernel and SDCafiine but it freezes when I boot the game, also this is what I get in the upper left corner of Sm4shExplorer, it doesn't say version 288 or any other for that matter, any idea what I did wrong? EDIT: Game info didn't say anything before either, but it worked just fine.

WLuVwhA.png

It seems that you have a bad dump but you can do this. Open NEW-NUSGrabber and download v288 of Smash. When is downloading, you can see a folder that it says "288". When it finishes, its gonna appear 3 folders that say "meta" "content" "code". Then copy that folders to your Smash dump and replace them. Open again Sm4shExplorer and it must say "Version: 288"

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else get: "The filesize of dt00/dt01 doesn't match the region set in your config (USA). You will not be able to extract from LS."? I'm using the same dt00/dt01 as I did with SmashExplorerv0.4.

buda81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else get: "The filesize of dt00/dt01 doesn't match the region set in your config (USA). You will not be able to extract from LS."? I'm using the same dt00/dt01 as I did with SmashExplorerv0.4.

as mention in another thread.

This is definitely EUR and not USA.
And yes if you got it from that specific website there's one thread that says USA while it's EUR.

And this is exactly why there is this check now. Yes it can work with some file, but you will randomly get some file not being extracted properly because of some offsets being wrong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!