Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Amayaforyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I think I am having a bit of a problem I was able to fully dump smash using ddd but the only problem is that in my data(us_en) it only has 2 folders and I have made 2 dumps of the game both are the same and the other 2 data(us_xx) folder all have 5 folders so is anyone else running into this problem

ICY MB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When i'm trying to open the model.nut file gives me this error
3a0d26584e41cbc3a08779dd11a36fa5.jpg

why?

VGIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changing the TexID on the .nud and .nut files in one folder will have no effect on the ones in another folder. You probably reverted something in Sm4shexplorer or copied the wrong file somewhere along when moving files back and forth between the different folders.
How would I make sure of that? I made sure that the model.nut of the 3 that I replaced still had the texture in their proper folders and they still had the textures I put it. I'm also wondering where the heck is it finding the original textures if I replaced them xD

Like literally my process was, after it started to happen, was revert the 3 replaced ones back to original in-game, take out the .nud and .nut and inject my textures into the .nut, change their IDs even though they're replacing slots, put them back into the game, and they're still loading the stock textures.

Last edited by VGIII,

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I,ve seen video tweets playing the new patch, where can i download it? I checked wiiubrew title id and the new patch is not listed.

Also, once i get the patch, how do i apply it? Sdcafiine?
Nintendo uploaded the patch to their servers, but hasn't made it live yet. Apparently, Bayonetta was the only thing changed in the patch.

corey casey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk whats going on now, im trying to re-dump smash and none of the kenel/ddd bookmarks are loading, they keep saying cant load page...

i also try to use the hombrew channel on loadiine.ovh and everytime i go to dump and press A it only loads mii channel!

i dont understand because like 1 day ago these bookmarks worked fine.

also, xamp still works the same, sd files are the same, ip address is same, bookmarks address are correct and i deleted cookies and nothing :/....

please help!

vaanrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I make sure of that? I made sure that the model.nut of the 3 that I replaced still had the texture in their proper folders and they still had the textures I put it. I'm also wondering where the heck is it finding the original textures if I replaced them xD

Like literally my process was, after it started to happen, was revert the 3 replaced ones back to original in-game, take out the .nud and .nut and inject my textures into the .nut, change their IDs even though they're replacing slots, put them back into the game, and they're still loading the stock textures.

Did you name the folders correctly? Do the folders have all the correct files? Are the filed named correctly? Did you import them correctly (did you drop them in the body folder, and not in one of the folders in the body folder)? Are these extra slots or existing ones? In haste I've accidentally dropped a c00 folder into the existing c00 folder before, which won't change anything. Are the textures you're injecting named correctly? When you copy the changed model.nut back into the folder, are you making sure to replace the one that was already there?

TexIDfix cannot change the actual texture file. It can't revert a changed texture back to default. It's not capable of it. There's probably something really simple you're overlooking.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can pack a stage that only replaces the model.nud/nut (like vs. sans on gamebanana), but when i try a stage replacement with a model and param folder, the game won't load the stage select screen. any ideas?

EDIT: also tried the rocky results screen (ui>results) and orange css/sss background (ui>lumen>chara). both cause the game to blackscreen before stage selection.

Last edited by frogboy,

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Bayonetta is the only character changed in 1.1.6, would it be fine it if I used 1.1.5 mods with it, or would I need to get 1.1.6 and all that?

D

Deleted User

Just Wondering, can Texture Mods be able to be loaded from SDCafiine and Kernel From your SD Card?

And if so, How?

VGIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you name the folders correctly? Do the folders have all the correct files? Are the filed named correctly? Did you import them correctly (did you drop them in the body folder, and not in one of the folders in the body folder)? Are these extra slots or existing ones? In haste I've accidentally dropped a c00 folder into the existing c00 folder before, which won't change anything. Are the textures you're injecting named correctly? When you copy the changed model.nut back into the folder, are you making sure to replace the one that was already there?

TexIDfix cannot change the actual texture file. It can't revert a changed texture back to default. It's not capable of it. There's probably something really simple you're overlooking.
-Yes
-Yes
-yes
-Yes-ish, I dropped the contents of each end folder into their matching folders, so I dropped the contents of c00, for example, onto c00, making everything green. I had an issue where I dropped c00 into c00 and didn't realize it put the folder in by mistake, but even when I removed it, the original textures issue still occured.
-the issue is with the existing slots, extra slots load fine.
-pretty sure the textures all named correctly since photoshop asks if I want to overwrite the texture before I save it.
-yes, I also make sure to remove the mod before I inject the model.nut back into sm4shexplorer.

Knowing my luck, this is probably the case. It's just so weird that when I first added a texture, the other textures I had replaced with existing slots went unaffected. Only until I added the 10th, 11th, 12th, and so one where the issue of the replaced textures reverted back to original. It sounds like the game isn't loading my modded textures, so I may be messing up with a file name somewhere. I'll take a look at that once I get home from work.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can pack a stage that only replaces the model.nud/nut (like vs. sans on gamebanana), but when i try a stage replacement with a model and param folder, the game won't load the stage select screen. any ideas?

EDIT: also tried the rocky results screen (ui>results) and orange css/sss background (ui>lumen>chara). both cause the game to blackscreen before stage selection.
if it helps, i'm getting this from the sdcafiine log:
f4d17f04bd.png
black screen just before stage selection. this build only had hazardless midgar.

edit: stranger still. just made another build with only vs. sans and got yet another black screen before stage selection.
4d6e6d7448.png

Last edited by frogboy,

BeRnYGP

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How do we retain our textures with the newest update. Would someone be able to give me some kind of process?

Its easy, you have to update first your backup of Smash that you are using for Sm4shExplorer, use NEW-NUSGrabber for downloading the new update (v288). Later open again your Sm4ashExplorer and look at the Game info section on the left, if it says "Version: 288" you are doing good. Later go to "Project" and "Build the mod". It will create again everything with the new update.

BeRnYGP

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have two questions:
1. Its possible to raise the limit of the Mii storage? I think the limit are 75-76 Miis only.
2. Where I can change the voice of the characters? I have put a custom skin in Corrin and it has the male voice when the skin is female.

Thanks in advance.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to assume that this thread applies to the 3DS version too, so here I go:
I need to figure out how to get Battlefield not to render the trees, rocks, and pretty much everything else in the background. Basically, only the sky should appear, since that's what I've modified [making a custom stage, I think first one ever? :D]. I believe the key to this would be in the stage's render folder, however, the files in it are .bin files. Attempting to open them as plaintext yields only a few symbols, and HxD didn't understand it at all [just a blank screen]. Any ideas?
Also, how could I possibly change Final Destination to read from a custom animation, and could I have it read from an mp4 file or would I have to program it? If so, how?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh yeah, and Sm4shCommand crashes when trying to open it.

Insdong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@BeRnYGP

I tried doing as you say, it's loading both Kernel and SDCafiine but it freezes when I boot the game, also this is what I get in the upper left corner of Sm4shExplorer, it doesn't say version 288 or any other for that matter, any idea what I did wrong? EDIT: Game info didn't say anything before either, but it worked just fine.

WLuVwhA.png

Last edited by Insdong,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy