Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Bravalerie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Anybody knows where is the route of announcer's voice files?
I'm trying to put a Melee voice pack through SDCafiine, but i cannot find where i need to put the files.

Reactions: darkmoses1

VGIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! First time poster. Just wanted to ask what is the process in editing the Stock_90 and Battle Portraits? I know they're loaded as AGRB888, something like that, which I know Photoshop doesn't like loading properly. Current editing software I have is Photoshop CC2014. I'm able to edit nearly every other texture in the game, but cannot for the life of me edit these 2 portraits. I also tried following a tutorial on youtube, but that ended badly since the files used in the video refuse to do what they need to do on my lalptop. Process involves converting the.gtx file to DDS, then converting that to PNG, but long story short, I can't use that method since I can't seem to replicate it like I stated already.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! First time poster. Just wanted to ask what is the process in editing the Stock_90 and Battle Portraits? I know they're loaded as AGRB888, something like that, which I know Photoshop doesn't like loading properly. Current editing software I have is Photoshop CC2014. I'm able to edit nearly every other texture in the game, but cannot for the life of me edit these 2 portraits. I also tried following a tutorial on youtube, but that ended badly since the files used in the video refuse to do what they need to do on my lalptop. Process involves converting the.gtx file to DDS, then converting that to PNG, but long story short, I can't use that method since I can't seem to replicate it like I stated already.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
You need this to convert DDS to PNG.
http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/amdcompress/

I've been able to extract them just fine, but come out a weird color.
r3cUGI8.png

Last edited by Segtendo,

VGIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem. However, I've been able to extract them just fine, but come out a weird color.
r3cUGI8.png
Seems like you're one step ahead of me xD I can't even get my laptop nor photoshop to load the files. I believe the weird colors is actually normal, the video that I watched mentioned that as well and you had to edit the channels in photoshop.

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Seems like you're one step ahead of me xD I can't even get my laptop nor photoshop to load the files. I believe the weird colors is actually normal, the video that I watched mentioned that as well and you had to edit the channels in photoshop.
I edited my post to include a link you will need in the conversion process.

VGIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I edited my post to include a link you will need in the conversion process.
Thanks, but that's the main issue I was having. I don't know if it's normal, but when I try to launch it it says "the program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" I already reinstalled it twice, and reset my laptop and it still give me that error.

kangaroogreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
96FtLzp.png

Anyone know how to change the character's name here? I can't find it in melee.mbst or menu.msbt

I don't have the files in front of me now, but I think it's in the data/ui/replace/chr/chrn_11 or 12 folder. They're just normal textures in a .nut file and can be made to work on specific costume slots through editing character parameters in the ui_character_db.bin file

You need this to convert DDS to PNG.
http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/amdcompress/

I've been able to extract them just fine, but come out a weird color.
r3cUGI8.png

You can use a program called The Compressionator to extract these files properly. Using anything else seems to have this strange effect.

VGIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the files in front of me now, but I think it's in the data/ui/replace/chr/chrn_11 or 12 folder. They're just normal textures in a .nut file and can be made to work on specific costume slots through editing character parameters in the ui_character_db.bin file

You can use a program called The Compressionator to extract these files properly. Using anything else seems to have this strange effect.
Would the Compressinator be this one? http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/archive/legacy-cpu-gpu-tools/the-compressonator/ not sure which one exactly since there seems to be another one on softpedia

VGIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the Stock portrait I needed using the Compressinator in the Link I had above. Just modified it and hoping for the best, I doubt it will working since it didn't ask me anything about the format, or mipmaps

EDIT: HOLY COW IT WORKED! :D

Last edited by VGIII,

Insdong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I have a new problem dumping the game on the Wii U, after tapping DDDKernel and DDD I should be getting a screen where I should enter my IP, but instead my screen says "FSGetMountSource failed."

Any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can plug my phone in and charge from 0 to 50% in like 20-30 minutes, Would take an hour+ on...