Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

ohmwrecker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason they probably haven't yet is because it's very unstable and/or tedious
by the amount of vertex mods i already saw i guess it pretty stable
if not they may should release the source code so people could take a look at it and help in development
same as it was with brawlbox with brawl
new methods and tools where released as soon as they worked
and so as all people got access to it and could development further
just saying it would speed up the process of sm4sh modding if most of the information wouldnt be hold back

Large Leader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by the amount of vertex mods i already saw i guess it pretty stable
if not they may should release the source code so people could take a look at it and help in development
same as it was with brawlbox with brawl
new methods and tools where released as soon as they worked
and so as all people got access to it and could development further
just saying it would speed up the process of sm4sh modding if most of the information wouldnt be hold back

The vertex mods you see are the ones that we make sure you see. You don't see the failures often for a reason

From experience, people rarely go out of their way to help out with the development of a tool. If someone was interested in helping, they already know who to go to and what to show.
People are still testing and working out the kinks of the injector. There have been issues with some vertex hacks that needed specific fixes along with testing out vertex coloring and other stuff.
Once it 100% sure works, you'll be sure to see it.

ohmwrecker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The vertex mods you see are the ones that we make sure you see. You don't see the failures often for a reason

From experience, people rarely go out of their way to help out with the development of a tool. If someone was interested in helping, they already know who to go to and what to show.
People are still testing and working out the kinks of the injector. There have been issues with some vertex hacks that needed specific fixes along with testing out vertex coloring and other stuff.
Once it 100% sure works, you'll be sure to see it.
Just saying if te tool is public people could look into it and seehow it works
So there may people who can help to get it to work 100%
But in the end its the developers decision to release it
So i guess we have to play the waiting game abit longer

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, they both use the same-ish format from Namco, the only problem is we have to extract from memdumps for now because they did stupid encryption/scrambling stuff to all drp archives
Extract from memdumps how? And how would you inject back in?

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've a problem when i extract a nus3bank file with cafiine,the game freeze

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I would like to make my own nus3bank files but i found 0 tutorials

Sn10jg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've a problem when i extract a nus3bank file with cafiine,the game freeze

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I would like to make my own nus3bank files but i found 0 tutorials

Haven't followed it yet but this is a recent tutorial.

suomynonanum2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to get the dlc characters without connecting to the internet? i would prefer to not spoof since that's irreversible atm. if it helps, i also have another wii u that's been fully updated and has all the dlc content.

Sammi Husky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Releasing all our tools now could help speed up the sm4sh modding scene... but at the same time, a large influx of underdeveloped and unstable tools being released could also hinder the development of the sm4sh modding scene by turning people off to the process. Especially if its fairly complex/tedious. And even when done right still might not work correctly ;)

Development of these tools happen like every day, everyone is working on something pretty much at all times. So i'm sure when they feel like its time, @soneek and @mariosonicds will release it.

Oh, and 1 last thing. If anybody here discovers anything or just wants to keep up to date on most of the sm4sh documentation, the others and I have been putting up documentation on Dant's OpenSA wiki. I just put up some on Param files and Moveset files a few days ago.

http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Moveset_Files_(Smash_4)
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Param_Files_(Smash_4)

(also, @Dead_MK you should put up a link to my Param editor in the OP. Character attributes and stuff like costume count are in there).

Sn10jg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there a way to get the dlc characters without connecting to the internet? i would prefer to not spoof since that's irreversible atm. if it helps, i also have another wii u that's been fully updated and has all the dlc content.
This although I already spoofed so I'm downloading it off of eshop once nintendo unlinks my nintendo id. Hopefully ISOU fixes the spoofing. Spoofing may be the only way and the only disadvantage I think is that you might get banned online.

this tutorial seems good but i can't obtain the nus3bank files... when i dump with cafiine my game freezes...
Don't know about cafiine freezes but if you want the name for the songs for example just use smash custom music as a reference (although it doesn't have every song names listed).

Edit: Nvm. I see what your trying to accomplish you need the actual nusbank files. Finally watched the video.

Last edited by Sn10jg,

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know why,when i dump a music from mario maker in bfstm,it works,when i dump from smash or pokken (nus3bank) it freezes

Sn10jg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We should get a list of the music file names. Smash custom music doesn't have all of them (plus I can't get cafiine to work).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.