Hacking cios 38 rev 17 is out

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
giantpune said:
so you think that because something is newer and has a higher number that it is better?

No it's better because it does more (motion plus stuff and SD card menu... weather you prefer to use it or not) and you can't show me 1 thing you can do on 3.2 that I can't do on 4.2. Not a single one. If there is something that gives you trouble then you are doing something wrong on your end. Keeping IOS files up to date also ensures compatibility with new games as they come out.

and for the other guy... throwing out the disabling homebrew thing for 4.2... how do I even respond to such a stupid comment? Sure Ninty attempted to block it but they didn't. I don't think that even lasted two weeks
wacko.gif

Actually I can. I can run Trucha Signed discs on 3.2 without having to run some stupid patcher program on the newer versions.

Apparently you didn't understand my statement, if you do a official update to 4.2 it will disable homebrew. "Sure Ninty attempted to block it but they didn't. I don't think that even lasted two weeks
wacko.gif
" Way to contradict your self, you just said that Nintendo failed at blocking homebrew, then said they blocked it but it only lasted for 2 weeks. They did block out homebrew, we just found a way around it just like we always have.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
^
Also 3.2 can run out of region games from the disc channel with a chipped wii without the need for Priiloader.
What motion plus stuff can 3.2 NOT do? - all motion plus games work fine on my 3.2U.

As I mentioned 3.2 needs certain apps for "full functionality" e.g. Triiforce and so does 4.2 (trucha bug restoring and perhaps priiloader) so its really horses for courses.

This thread is now way off track
wacko.gif

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ocdetective said:
^
Also 3.2 can run out of region games from the disc channel with a chipped wii without the need for Priiloader.
What motion plus stuff can 3.2 NOT do? - all motion plus games work fine on my 3.2U.

As I mentioned 3.2 needs certain apps for "full functionality" e.g. Triiforce and so does 4.2 (trucha bug restoring and perhaps priiloader) so its really horses for courses.

This thread is now way off track
wacko.gif

You generally don't need to update, but then updating isn't bad either. I update because I find it less hassle, though I don't care about mod chips & the disc channel.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can run trucha patched discs on 4.2 just as well. And no, I didn't contradict myself. Homebrew is not blocked on 4.2. They tried to but it was hacked. And guess what? You had to hack your 3.2 for homebrew as well. So tell me what's different again? Nada. You have to install cIOS and other things the same as me. If you are running a trucha patched game that uses motion plus, then you have either trucha bugged the appropriate IOS (that does not come on a 3.2 Wii) or patch the disc to use 249 or whatever. Your argument is childish and makes no point other than you have the reasoning power of a 12 year old.

And if you're running motion plus stuff then you've had to update your IOS files via pmw or DoP-IOS or something. Either way, you're upgrading your stuff weather you like it or not. Basically you are using everything that 4.2 uses, except for the actual system menu, wich is really nothing more than a GUI. Get over it.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Maybe open another thread (if there isn't one already) and call 3.2 vs 4.2 or something. This has gone waaaaaaaaaay off topic. Its purely preference but i think it would be interesting to hear people opinions

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
I can run trucha patched discs on 4.2 just as well. And no, I didn't contradict myself. Homebrew is not blocked on 4.2. They tried to but it was hacked. And guess what? You had to hack your 3.2 for homebrew as well. So tell me what's different again? Nada. You have to install cIOS and other things the same as me. If you are running a trucha patched game that uses motion plus, then you have either trucha bugged the appropriate IOS (that does not come on a 3.2 Wii) or patch the disc to use 249 or whatever. Your argument is childish and makes no point other than you have the reasoning power of a 12 year old.

And if you're running motion plus stuff then you've had to update your IOS files via pmw or DoP-IOS or something. Either way, you're upgrading your stuff weather you like it or not. Basically you are using everything that 4.2 uses, except for the actual system menu, wich is really nothing more than a GUI. Get over it.

lol wow, that whole post is just a mess. I am not even sure where the "hack your 3.2 for homebrew as well" came from. Hey guess what, I am not running motion plus, so I am not updating my files whether I like it or not. "Basically you are using everything that 4.2 uses, except for the actual system menu, wich is really nothing more than a GUI. Get over it." 4.2 Contains a new boot2, which has been causing a lot of bricks and clearly shows that it makes 4.2 more than just a GUI. Do you even know what a trucha patched disc is? Give me an example please.
And fine I will give you a difference that you can not twist or turn or make your brainwashed mind think its not different otherwise. You wana know something that 3.2 can do that 4.2 can't?
Run the Twilight hack: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack
There is more things that 3.2 can do that 4.2 can't but I am not going to bother listing them. This also shows 4.2 is just not a GUI, as I have said before, it creates more problems with homebrew and causes unneeded headaches.

And comments like "And no, I didn't contradict myself. Homebrew is not blocked on 4.2. They tried to but it was hacked." Hence the "They tried to but it was hacked" and "You had to hack your 3.2 for homebrew as well." makes you sound like an idiot. We are not doing the hacking, people like Bushing are.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
TP hack is outdated and v.long winded compared to bannerbomb so no real major loss there. I still think we should get another topic opened and leave this to cIOS discussion

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
TP hack is outdated and v.long winded compared to bannerbomb so no real major loss there. I still think we should get another topic opened and leave this to cIOS discussion

I know this, but he seems so sure of him self that he is right when he says "So tell me what's different again? Nada." So I had to through it in there to hopefully shut him up. I can probably find more things that 3.2 can do that 4.2 can't by the way.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
crwys said:
bazamuffin said:

I know this, but he seems so sure of him self that he is right when he says "So tell me what's different again? Nada." So I had to through it in there to hopefully shut him up. I can probably find more things that 3.2 can do that 4.2 can't by the way.

Its down to preference and nothing more, we could all argue till the cows come home but it won't change what we all prefer and currently operate. 3.2 works for you 4.2 works for me, I have my reasons and you have yours. Lets try and leave it at that and maybe invite people over to your other thread and leave this one alone?

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
crwys said:
bazamuffin said:

Its down to preference and nothing more, we could all argue till the cows come home but it won't change what we all prefer and currently operate. 3.2 works for you 4.2 works for me, I have my reasons and you have yours. Lets try and leave it at that and maybe invite people over to your other thread and leave this one alone?

Pretty much true, it is down to preference. Agreed to continue this on a different thread too lol. Lets continue this discussion here please:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=204530

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
look, peeps take your handbag arguments elsewhere, this topic is about cios re 17 discussion, not 3.2 VS 4.2 pros and cons, just let them install whatever they want on their Wii's it's is their own Wii after all, not yours.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
jalaneme said:
look, peeps take your handbag arguments elsewhere, this topic is about cios re 17 discussion, not 3.2 VS 4.2 pros and cons, just let them install whatever they want on their Wii's it's is their own Wii after all, not yours.

Its going on elsewhere, chill

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
Sabin_Figaro said:
vegemikee said:
well this didnt fix brawl and the SSE. crashes after the first battle with mario and kirby

rip it again? this is important

sure, im ripping it again from my original disc (if that makes any difference).
also, rev14 gives me a disc error. rev17 gives me a black screen if this information is important

UPDATE:
reripped it again and still crashes/errors after the first battle with kirby and mario. anyone NOT having issues with rev17 and brawl?

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
vegemikee said:
Sabin_Figaro said:
vegemikee said:
well this didnt fix brawl and the SSE. crashes after the first battle with mario and kirby

also, rev14 gives me a disc error. rev17 gives me a black screen if this information is important

UPDATE:
reripped it again and still crashes/errors after the first battle with kirby and mario. anyone NOT having issues with rev17 and brawl?

What are you using to rip it, and playing it with?

Just updated to rev 17, works great. SSBB works just fine. No problems so far

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Scuba156 said:
vegemikee said:
Sabin_Figaro said:
vegemikee said:

UPDATE:

What are you using to rip it, and playing it with?

Just updated to rev 17, works great. SSBB works just fine. No problems so far
Has anybody else not experienced the painful noises coming from the DBD drive?

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Scuba156 said:
bazamuffin said:
Has anybody else not experienced the painful noises coming from the DBD drive?
Using USB Loader GX so i have no disc in the drive

Yes I know I typo'd, lol. I have some 'problem' games with my USB loaders and have to run them through Neogamma via disc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im procrastinating