The Composer said:
The Composer said:
I had problems:

Wii 4.2u

Latest HBC

cIOS corp 3.6

cIOS 38 rev17 installed over cios 249

neo gamma r17

SSBB DL NTSC disc is not working, not even with rebooter. So any help for me?

Bump

Why the heck are you on 4.2. Downgrade to 3.2 should solve your ssbb problem >.>

you have no idea.

terryspanky

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on Wii 4.1u

Latest HBC

cIOS corp 3.6

cIOS 38 rev17 installed over cios 249 --> "this crippled my wii"

I can still play games with neo gamma r17
systemenu/HBC/priiloader are still working

but I can't run cIOSCORP_v3.x_Uninstaller anymore

and wad manager 1.4 won't read my 2gb sandisk, 512mb sandisk... "freezes in IOS 249"

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:
The Composer said:
The Composer said:
I had problems:

Wii 4.2u

Latest HBC

cIOS corp 3.6

neo gamma r17

Bump

Why the heck are you on 4.2. Downgrade to 3.2 should solve your ssbb problem >.>

Can't believe there are still people recommending downgrading to 3.2
wink.gif
You do know that downgrading can brick LU64+ aka boot2v4 Wii's right???

on a brighter note I have installed Rev17 and things seem to be running great.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lothlorian said:
crwys said:
The Composer said:
The Composer said:
I had problems:

Wii 4.2u

Latest HBC

cIOS corp 3.6

neo gamma r17

Bump

Can't believe there are still people recommending downgrading to 3.2
wink.gif
You do know that downgrading can brick LU64+ aka boot2v4 Wii's right???

on a brighter note I have installed Rev17 and things seem to be running great.

"Can"... I sure hope you didn't upgrade to 4.2, at least without reading this:
http://hackmii.com/2009/11/updates-and-bricking/
If you bought your wii like that, its a different story but, 4.2 is just bad... By the way I have updated to 4.2 then went back to 3.2 without any issues =P

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Composer said:
I had problems:

Wii 4.2u

Latest HBC

cIOS corp 3.6

neo gamma r17

Can you try reinstalling a untouched (maximum +trucha) IOS36? It might fix the problem...

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jan 18 2010, 10:15 PM) NSMB (patched) does not work from usb loader GX with cios 38 rev 17, just get black screen

...well, it's patched. That might be an issue now.

frazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That was quite funny....updated the dol to the latest version 874 and a "Black Screen" changed the IOS to 223 and its ok

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:

Posts like these are why others make up names like GBA Fail. Get a clue before giving advice.

And perhaps take a statistics course or something. A few dozen bricks out of a few million upgrades is not even a 0.001% failure rate. Far better than some of Sony's PS3 firmware upgrades and far more tested and proven than any Wii kack out there. Not that I'm bashing any hack, it's just that there simply aren't MILLIONS of people hacking thier Wiis

Everyone is entitled to an opinion so here is mine. I think that if you're not running at LEAST System Menu 4.1... you are a complete moron.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
crwys said:

Posts like these are why others make up names like GBA Fail. Get a clue before giving advice.

And perhaps take a statistics course or something. A few dozen bricks out of a few million upgrades is not even a 0.001% failure rate. Far better than some of Sony's PS3 firmware upgrades and far more tested and proven than any Wii kack out there. Not that I'm bashing any hack, it's just that there simply aren't MILLIONS of people hacking thier Wiis

Everyone is entitled to an opinion so here is mine. I think that if you're not running at LEAST System Menu 4.1... you are a complete moron.

Unless you want to give me a good reason to update from 3.2, You are a complete moron.
Reason why I won't update to 4.2 is because it has been deemed unsafe by Hackmii to update to 4.2. It kills homebrew, and a lot of other wii hacking sites do not recommend 4.2. Any other firmware above 3.2 doesn't allow trucha signed discs such as the HackMii installer disc, ect. So that is another reason why I won't update. I just see no reason to update, all it does is give you more problems and attempt to lock out homebrew. So I think you should get a clue before calling tons of people morons for staying on 3.2.

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
superskid said:
DeadlyFoez said:
superskid said:
Go Home Rabbids still locks up with a black screen that says "Reading Disc" Tried all the major USB loaders same problem on all of them. Is there a fix for this?

I've never had a prob with that game, possibly operator error?

I suppose that is possible, but every other game works fine, and I have been doing this for a while. I was hoping rev17 would be the solution. I am completely baffled as to what to try next.

What about trying to dl another iso
wink.gif

This game worked for me ever since it was dumped and I was on rev 14 at that time, still works on rev 17, however I'm still on neogamma backup disk, not usb.

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
crwys said:
urherenow said:
crwys said:

Unless you want to give me a good reason to update from 3.2, You are a complete moron.
Reason why I won't update to 4.2 is because it has been deemed unsafe by Hackmii to update to 4.2. It kills homebrew, and a lot of other wii hacking sites do not recommend 4.2. Any other firmware above 3.2 doesn't allow trucha signed discs such as the HackMii installer disc, ect. So that is another reason why I won't update. I just see no reason to update, all it does is give you more problems and attempt to lock out homebrew. So I think you should get a clue before calling tons of people morons for staying on 3.2.

acc to my knowledge the mayor benefit of 4.x firmware is the SD card option ... helps me out with alt.dol files like Sports Resort on Neogamma
wink.gif

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something called Triiforce which works a lot better than the SD Card Menu if that is what you are referring to. Triiforce doesn't use up nand writes, allows the use of ocarina codes, can force a video mode, can be used on external hard drives so space will never be an issue, loads up faster because it doesn't have to make a temporary copy to the nand.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
crwys said:

if u r on 3.2, most likely your wii is old enough to have bootmii as boot2, so if u manually update to 4.2 using wad manager, there is abosuletly ZERO risk (assuming bootmii as boot2), there is a little risk updating via ninty, but it has been deemed (by ppl much smarter than mii), that its CURRENTLY nearly as safe as installing bootmii as boot2.

I have a 3.2 nand backup, and 4.1 and 4.2, I can jump between firmware's in 15 min w/ a nand restore.

There are also different system menu hacks to 4.x wii's over 3.2

so... the question is, why not?

EDIT:

also, even if some1 updates to 4.2 by accident (without using the proper system menu hacks via priiloader or startpatch), it can be rehacked easily. It's more complicated if u had cioscorp installed (3.5 or below), but it can still be done.

so yea... what exactly u risking again? U worried about the 1 in a 100,000 (not exact figure) that ur wii bricks during a ninty boot2 update? Ninty will reimburse u if its their fault (if u bug them enough, and i mean calling 3-5 times a week!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy