Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
crwys said:
urherenow said:
crwys said:
Why the heck are you on 4.2. Downgrade to 3.2 should solve your ssbb problem >.>

Posts like these are why others make up names like GBA Fail. Get a clue before giving advice.

And perhaps take a statistics course or something. A few dozen bricks out of a few million upgrades is not even a 0.001% failure rate. Far better than some of Sony's PS3 firmware upgrades and far more tested and proven than any Wii kack out there. Not that I'm bashing any hack, it's just that there simply aren't MILLIONS of people hacking thier Wiis

Everyone is entitled to an opinion so here is mine. I think that if you're not running at LEAST System Menu 4.1... you are a complete moron.

Unless you want to give me a good reason to update from 3.2, You are a complete moron.
Reason why I won't update to 4.2 is because it has been deemed unsafe by Hackmii to update to 4.2. It kills homebrew, and a lot of other wii hacking sites do not recommend 4.2. Any other firmware above 3.2 doesn't allow trucha signed discs such as the HackMii installer disc, ect. So that is another reason why I won't update. I just see no reason to update, all it does is give you more problems and attempt to lock out homebrew. So I think you should get a clue before calling tons of people morons for staying on 3.2.

Of course they do. You can get back the trucha bug with Trucha Bug Restorer/Dop-IOS MOD v10+ on ANY Wii.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
crwys said:
The Composer said:
The Composer said:
I had problems:

Wii 4.2u

Latest HBC

cIOS corp 3.6

cIOS 38 rev17 installed over cios 249

neo gamma r17

SSBB DL NTSC disc is not working, not even with rebooter. So any help for me?

Bump

Why the heck are you on 4.2. Downgrade to 3.2 should solve your ssbb problem >.>
Wow! I mean I am on 3.2 too as well and have no need to update but to advise someone to downgrade from 4.2 is just plain reckless. You do know that IOS30 is a stub on 4.2 right? So what do you think happens when you downgrade back to 3.2 which uses IOS30 for its system menu?
Ultimately downgrading without say a bootmii backup already at 3.2, in theory would be possible, but it is so convoluted and risky that any risks far outweigh any benefits you perceive.

Yyhhggtt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... Wiitch worked! But it didn't fix my SSBB problem... Still old problem, I hear the disk drive go, (click* click* click*) when I put the DVD in, dosn't want to spin the disk... And I think rebooter dosn't work... Gives a big old code dump... And also my DVD Banner Reading fails...

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ xflak40
I have a modded wii, so sending it to Nintendo is out of the question. I am not worried about my Wii bricking. Everything works fine on my 3.2 Wii, so why even update. The SD Card menu is unneeded because of Triiforce. I don't need SDHC cards for the system menu. So really, the question is why? That is what I am trying to figure out. But to answer your question, why not, see @ WiiBricker.

@ WiiBricker
I have tried one of these methods before, it didn't work. Even if it did work, it is just proving my point that updating your wii just causes more headaches and pains of fixing homebrew, and other stuff on your wii.

@ ocdetective
I have updated to 4.2 and downgraded back to 3.2 on both my Wii's. One of them has a vulnerable boot 2, the other doesn't. No problems at all, well except for when I upgraded to 4.2 and everything was messed up, but after downgrading to 3.2 everything was fine again.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont understand why anyone would have a problem with SSBB now you burn a complete backup to a DVD+R DL disk with the layerbreak set,it loads from anything no problems.
But if you use DVD-R DL then you might have a whole world of trouble loading it at all
[ CIOS38 rev 17 ]:

- DIP plugin improved (some code has been rewritten).
- More error 001 bug fixing.
- DVD+DL bug fixed.

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
There are many advantages updating the wii to 4.2, like getting all up to date IOS, getting shop channel back, fixing wii sports resort bugs, the conduit online fix, and shdc support while keeping all homebrew and warez loaders for pirates.

advantages of 3.2 are.... well, none

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
crwys said:
@ ocdetective
I have updated to 4.2 and downgraded back to 3.2 on both my Wii's. One of them has a vulnerable boot 2, the other doesn't. No problems at all, well except for when I upgraded to 4.2 and everything was messed up, but after downgrading to 3.2 everything was fine again.

You kind of miss the point - its fine if a) you have a bootmii backup for 3.2 or b) you are extremely knowledgeable about your wii - however like I said it is extremely reckless to suggest it without mentioning the myriad of caveats that go with it (e.g. LU64 issues etc).
There was a 4.2 to 3.2 guide on GBAtemp but it ended up being locked and for good reason!

QUOTE(Sabin_Figaro @ Jan 19 2010, 11:11 AM) There are many advantages updating the wii to 4.2, like getting all up to date IOS, getting shop channel back, fixing wii sports resort bugs, the conduit online fix, and shdc support while keeping all homebrew and warez loaders for pirates.

Actually you can do all that on 3.2 too - as for Wii Sports Resort and Conduit online they are not firmware related.
Also on 3.2 the trucha bug is inherent - it does not require restoring. So basically you need to restore the trucha bug on 4.2 just as you have to use a separate application (Triiforce) on 3.2 to allow wiiware/VC Games to run from the SD card or now even an USB device, so to me that's an even trade off.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sabin_Figaro said:
just because you are dumb and cant think of any advantages doesn't mean that there arent any.

on 3.2 i can load homebrew ISOs and guitar hero customs from flatmii and not have to patch even 1 IOS. that sounds like an advantage to me.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triiforce is great, but it is not perfect, many wiiware titles ive tested don't work. i agree it is faster, but sd channel is 1. easier and 2. reliable.

go to 4.1, its the best firmware to be on and that is a fact. everyone seems to overlook how great 4.1 was and that is where im at and will be staying for a while.

sorry offtopic (semi on topic, when it comes to the nand emulation on triiforce)

so i guess i can start recommending cios38rev17? it seems good to me what is the general opinion on this?

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
triiforce is great, but it is not perfect, many wiiware titles ive tested don't work. i agree it is faster, but sd channel is 1. easier and 2. reliable.

go to 4.1, its the best firmware to be on and that is a fact. everyone seems to overlook how great 4.1 was and that is where im at and will be staying for a while.

sorry offtopic (semi on topic, when it comes to the nand emulation on triiforce)

so i guess i can start recommending cios38rev17? it seems good to me what is the general opinion on this?

Agreed Vash. I just installed it and no bugs so far, Triiforce with USB still works. Usb loader works, loading discs via channel or Gecko OS works. Although I have a modchip so I can't speak for the backup loader users.

As for the offtopic, I think it is about time I make a new thread for that lol, stop flooding ciosrev17.

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide of xzxero to install these wad
Code:
cIOS202[38+60]-v4.wad
cIOS222[38+37]-v4.wad
cIOS223[38]-v4.wad
cIOS249-v15.wad
cIOS250-v15.wad
Install IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad

Can I run this installer to update to v17 or I need the cIOS249-v17.wad to install separately ?

Sinyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's many people verifying that triiforce works with rev 17, but has anyone checked whether game compatibility is improved? Perhaps some of the games from the triiforce compatibility list that don't work well or apparently don't work at all?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
crwys said:
Unless you want to give me a good reason to update from 3.2, You are a complete moron.

And if everyone thought like you, the wheel would have stayed square. You can update manually AND maintain homebrew like I did. ALL capabilities and cIOS's stayed intact along with Bootmii. I now have a nice up-to-date system and IOS's with a v.swish SD Card Menu. Sorry for being off-topic but you get on my tits

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you think that because something is newer and has a higher number that it is better? you are the moron. example...

1973 mustang mach1 and 1974 mustang 2. the mustang 2 is newer and has a higher number, but the '73 model is much better.

windows 98 and windows ME. Me is newer but you'd be a moron to use it.

coca cola and coke 2. why do you think they call it coke classic now? because coke 2 sucked and people didn't like it.

devkitPRO r17 and r18. i challenge you to only use programs compiled with r18.

you've just been added to my ignore list.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sinyk said:
There's many people verifying that triiforce works with rev 17, but has anyone checked whether game compatibility is improved? Perhaps some of the games from the triiforce compatibility list that don't work well or apparently don't work at all?

It may have, I haven't come a crossed any games that hasn't worked for me yet though. So give me a game that doesn't work for you, and if I have it, I can see if it works.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
so you think that because something is newer and has a higher number that it is better?

No it's better because it does more (motion plus stuff and SD card menu... weather you prefer to use it or not) and you can't show me 1 thing you can do on 3.2 that I can't do on 4.2. Not a single one. If there is something that gives you trouble then you are doing something wrong on your end. Keeping IOS files up to date also ensures compatibility with new games as they come out.

and for the other guy... throwing out the disabling homebrew thing for 4.2... how do I even respond to such a stupid comment? Sure Ninty attempted to block it but they didn't. I don't think that even lasted two weeks
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice