Should I update anything?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Skaendo, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Skaendo
    OP

Skaendo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2014
    United States
    I have a Softmodded RVL-001 Wii, s/n: LU31xxxxxxx.
    Runs perfectly, I just was wondering if I should update Priiloader, etc.

sysCheck.csv Dump
    Softmod Method

As you can see from my softmod method, I did this a very long time ago.
    I've updated HBC (of course) just not sure if I really need to anything else.
    I tried to update Priiloader, but got the cIOSSPAGHETTI(Cios infected) message.

So like I said, It runs perfectly as-is, but I used to run all my games from USB and right now I dont have that option.
    If I buy a 'newer' game will it run as normal?

And finally, should I update anything, seeing as it runs just fine the way it is?

2. Skaendo
    OP

Skaendo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2014
    United States
    Thanks for all the help and advice!

I went ahead and updated;

IOS249 & IOS250 thanks to d2x cIOS Installer v3.1,
    IOS236 thanks to IOS236-v5-Mod via ModMii,
    BootMii (as boot2&IOS) thanks to HackMii Installer via ModMii,
    Priiloader from 0.4 to 0.7 via ModMii,
    USB Loader GX from 2.0 to 3.0 (manually),
    The Homebrew Channel from 1.0.0 to 1.1.2 (auto via HackMii)

Updated sysCheck.csv

Thanks to:
    XFlak for ModMii,
    davebaol for d2x-cios
    Dr. Clipper, burritoboy9984 for IOS236-v5-Mod
    BootMii Team
    HackMii Team
    DacoTaco for Priiloader
    THC Team
    USB Loader GX Team

3. TarkinMX

TarkinMX GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2009
    United States
    Looks good. Be sure to go into Settings in USB Loader GX, then Update and update USB Loader GX and WiiTDB.xml to the latest versions. Other than that if you play any GameCube games you can check out Dios Mios or Nintendont. For Nintendont after you copy it to your SDCard you can update it via USB Loader GX (after you've updated to the latest version of USB Loader GX) by going to Settings, Features, and scroll all the way down to the bottom and hit Update Nintendont. You can also simply make a Nintendont folder in the Apps folder on your SDCard and still get Nintendont on there, only thing you'd be missing is the banner for the Homebrew Channel.

4. Skaendo
    OP

Skaendo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2014
    United States
    Nice tip TarkinMX, Thanks.

Even though I don't play many GC games I went ahead and took your advice and installed Nintendont and updated it via USB Loader GX.

There is a Homebrew Channel banner for it on their Google code page here: https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/ at the bottom under 'Quick Installation'.
    It's just a simple black banner with white lettering. Maybe someone could make a little more creative one for them.

Now all I need to do is install a Cheat Code engine, and my Wii will be completely pimped out!

5. sweis12

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    I never update anyhting and I am still running fine. Don't do ti!

6. Skaendo
    OP

Skaendo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2014
    United States
    If you had read the thread, you would have read that I have already updated everything,
    And in another thread you told someone to update their SM to 4.3?

Do you work for Nintendo? I don't trust anything you say.

7. TarkinMX

TarkinMX GBAtemp Regular

Nov 4, 2009
    United States
    USB Loader GX already supports cheats, when you click on a game to play just go to Settings, then Ocarina. It'll ask to download a cheat file, click on Download Now and then OK after it's done downloading. You'll see a list of cheats provided by the community, just click on the ones you want (be aware that some are similar or repeats) and then click the Create button in the bottom right and OK. After you've created a cheat file, click Back, click Game Load, scroll down to Ocarina and click it until it says On. At this point you should be all set.

If you're running Nintendont through USB Loader GX you can do the same for the cheats. At one point there was an additional file that needed to be used from Sneak in order to utilize cheats, I don't know if this is still needed.

8. Skaendo
    OP

Skaendo Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2014
    United States
    Well you just have all the answers don't you!
    Thanks!