• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Can Donald Trump become President Again?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, I'm saying we need a way of getting rid of bad actors so that bad actors like you can't fuck us.

The whole point of society is to weed out bad actors like you

And if by "mask slipping" you mean stopping bad actors, then sure. My mask is off.

I'm actually very very liberal until I am confronted by disingenous people like you, but you won't see it because you can't help yourself

You are far more authoritarian in your views, you just are happy because you are getting your own way while decent people are getting screwed.
First of all, that’s not what you said. You suggested that the ability of “half-wits” to participate in the election process should be filtered or otherwise limited “or else they’ll vote the wrong guy in”, you used the example of Trump, and by “wrong guy” we’re talking about your subjective evaluation. Second, your flailing doesn’t matter since your backpedal is equally silly, you’re projecting. I will always back the candidate that *I* believe will be best for the country and provide long-term benefit to the people, not necessarily just myself. I don’t need other people to understand why that’s the case - I just need them to vote that guy in. How that guy wins their hearts and votes over is completely immaterial to me, it’s all marketing at the end of the day. On the flip side, I consider people like you to be bad actors - you openly want to limit participation in the process based on what you subjectively find appropriate or adequate, both in terms of people running and people voting, lording over others whom you obviously find inferior, either morally or intellectually. It’s a bad look, but not a surprising one from your side of the aisle.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heavily doubt it. But mid terms will be the Key,

Most Trump back Candidates are internally polling horribly. With that Many Repubican organizations have been meeting and working "around/ without " Trump in mind. As they prepare for the Republican Party without him. Also the Republican falure in Redistricting ( some state maps so bad that Republican state Courts Struck them down as Racist) . and Now the View that from Moderate Republicans viewing Trumps Weak on Russia is going to make the play downhill.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Heavily doubt it. But mid terms will be the Key,

Most Trump back Candidates are internally polling horribly. With that Many Repubican organizations have been meeting and working "around/ without " Trump in mind. As they prepare for the Republican Party without him. Also the Republican falure in Redistricting ( some state maps so bad that Republican state Courts Struck them down as Racist) . and Now the View that from Moderate Republicans viewing Trumps Weak on Russia is going to make the play downhill.
Trump is favourite to *win* according to the gross majority of polls, let alone get the nomination. I don’t know where you get your info from, but it’s not consistent with polling data. Still far too early to tell, we don’t even know if he’s planning to run, so no point in taking bets just yet. If he does run, it’s going to be a tight race with no holds barred.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2024/president/us/general-election-trump-vs-biden-7383.html

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump is favourite to *win* according to the gross majority of polls, let alone get the nomination. I don’t know where you get your info from, but it’s not consistent with polling data. Still far too early to tell, we don’t even know if he’s planning to run, so no point in taking bets just yet. If he does run, it’s going to be a tight race with no holds barred.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2024/president/us/general-election-trump-vs-biden-7383.html
I stated "Trump Back Candidates" are polling horrible ..but ok...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I stated "Trump Back Candidates" are polling horrible ..but ok...
Sorry, sometimes I have trouble reading your posts. Thanks for the explanation, “Trump-backed candidates” aren’t doing so hot, with DeSantis leading the charge last I checked. He’s far ahead of any other option besides Trump himself.

Except, we risk the "tyranny of the minority" instead.
Striking a balance is the ideal, albeit difficult to achieve end goal. I say difficult because balance tends to be in constant flux.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
In regard to age, a second Trump x Biden election will make the chair of US president look like the chair of the papacy.

Anyway, I just waiting for someone to post: Can Jimmy Carter become President Again?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In regard to age, a second Trump x Biden election will make the chair of US president look like the chair of the papacy.

Anyway, I just waiting for someone to post: Can Jimmy Carter become President Again?
We’ll know we’re on the right track when an Nixon’s animated disembodied head in a jar gets the nomination, after that space ships and cyclops ladies are just a matter of time.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

I really wonder how successful can a President bid be from Prison or at the best an indicted person…
Flipping on each other
Mo Brooks is spinning tales because Trump rescinded his endorsement, this sounds like a bunch of gobbledygook. I sure hope he has some kind of evidence to back this allegation up, otherwise it’s he-said-she-said to the extreme.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t know what you’re talking about
Heh.
Mo Brooks is spinning tales because Trump rescinded his endorsement, this sounds like a bunch of gobbledygook. I sure hope he has some kind of evidence to back this allegation up, otherwise it’s he-said-she-said to the extreme.
"I don't like this therefore it's not real".

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Heh.

"I don't like this therefore it's not real".
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It makes no sense to me - Mo Brooks, a known idiot, was in no position to fulfil such a request even if it were made. A lot of people say a lot of things about Trump - very few can back up their claims with any kind of record. I’d like to see evidence of such conversations taking place, and their context. If it’s true then it’d put Trump in some hot water, but I’m not planning on taking hearsay as gospel. Seems to me that Brooks is acting like an admirer scorned.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
People should be more mad that their government tried to run Trump out of office and how they did so. I don't care if Trump is an asshole, a loser, or a piece of shit. When your own government openly conspires to run fake hit pieces against someone in order to ostracize them for civilization, your problems are a lot bigger than Orange Man. Also, your democracy is fake news.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People should be more mad that their government tried to run Trump out of office and how they did so. I don't care if Trump is an asshole, a loser, or a piece of shit. When your own government openly conspires to run fake hit pieces against someone in order to ostracize them for civilization, your problems are a lot bigger than Orange Man. Also, your democracy is fake news.
when your own government which you appointed "tries to run you out" (which didn't happen) it usually means you're unfit for office, if even your own lackeys think you're mad.

Reactions: KingVamp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y