• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Desantis drops out of presidential race

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"If you are not a liberal when you are young, you have no heart, and If you are not a conservative when old, you have no brain"

Maybe everyone's hands are tied. Maybe that's why I reject the polarization.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: Ligeia and Hanafuda

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Quote is fake but even if not, it's not applicable to today's standards given how batshit the conservatives became over the last decade.

https://winstonchurchill.org/resources/quotes/quotes-falsely-attributed/

It's a real quote and I never attributed it to Winston Churchill. I don't care who said it first, but only about the sentiment that it conveys.

"Today's standards" don't match the standards of 20+ years ago, and that's kind of the point. I know you hate this, but BOTH PARTIES radically shift over time.

*I even consider it likely that you'll end up quoting it in the future.

Last edited by tabzer,

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quote is fake but even if not, it's not applicable to today's standards given how batshit the conservatives became over the last decade.

https://winstonchurchill.org/resources/quotes/quotes-falsely-attributed/
He never attributed it to Churchill, he was simply sharing it here

It's a common saying among conservatives and in my experience no one ever attributed it to anyone when they told it to me

So a bit goofy to say it's a fake quote when no one was attributing it to anyone in this thread

Still. Whether or not other conservatives are crazy does not affect one's own inner beliefs. For instance most people would probably agree Biden is more conservative than liberal even tho he is a Democrat. In fact most of our Democrats are pretty conservative by European standards

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Seems like Trump will win New Hampshire. Nikki may just drop out, or she'll wait for South Carolina's primaries. If she loses in her own home state, then she's really sunk.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Seems like Trump will win New Hampshire. Nikki may just drop out, or she'll wait for South Carolina's primaries. If she loses in her own home state, then she's really sunk.

Honestly I don't think she ever really had a chance. I think it was just theatrics of the GOP to suggest "see, we support the idea of women as leaders", but of course women aren't assertive enough for the patriarchal framework that encompasses the sum of America's political assertation.

If America was ever led by a woman, it wouldn't be the world-dominating force that it is.

What do you think would happen first: America electing a woman as a president, or America electing one of two assholes that want to fast-track totalitarianism?

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Honestly I don't think she ever really had a chance. I think it was just theatrics of the GOP to suggest "see, we support the idea of women as leaders", but of course women aren't assertive enough for the patriarchal framework that encompasses the sum of America's political assertation.
It's a shame, because I've seen a LOT of amazing women in the senate and house. Kamala was one of them. There are lots of videos out there where she nails people to the wall. Now that she's VP, she's barely doing anything. It's not like other countries haven't lead the way with capable women that can show strength.

What do you think would happen first: America electing a woman as a president, or America electing one of two assholes that want to fast-track totalitarianism?
download.jpg

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's a shame, because I've seen a LOT of amazing women in the senate and house. Kamala was one of them. There are lots of videos out there where she nails people to the wall. Now that she's VP, she's barely doing anything. It's not like other countries haven't lead the way with capable women that can show strength.

View attachment 415846

Kamala was subservient in the end. That's what counts.

But I do believe that she was subservient throughout, playing a role that was laid out for her.

Last edited by tabzer,

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Kamala was always subservient in the end.
Can't say for sure why she hasn't come into the spotlight more. If that's the way Biden wanted it, that's pretty crappy. Maybe she's just not in her element as a prosecutorial lawyer. It's a big change going from laying out a logical line of questions to a CEO who was potentially doing shady business, into whatever a VP does.

Honestly, I have zero clue what the exact responsibilities of a VP are. Did Pence do anything? I can probably list more things the first wives did before what a VP has done.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think the role of VP is more or less a contingency, and in the context of choosing a woman for VP; a kind of platitude.

Last edited by tabzer,
  • Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto