Hacking Can a DSi be charged w/ a DS Lite charger?

ShakeBunny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a picture of the top of the DSi where the charger port will be? I'd like to know if I can use my DS Lite charger with it. I really want to get this as soon as it comes out (in Japan). BTW I live in the US if it matters. Thanks to anyone that can help.

Also, are there any cons to importing other than the higher price? I'd really like to know. Thanks again.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ItsMetaKnight said:
no you can't. it's a different port.
Looks like he's right...

q.jpg

Looks like a USB-B port? Interesting. If it is, perhaps you could charge it via USB? Would make importers happy.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Raiyu245 said:
It looks 12% bigger then smaller to me. (The side hangs off over the DSL.) And I don't think its a USB port.Yeah, thats what i was thinking,

QUOTE(penguindefender @ Oct 5 2008, 04:49 PM) I think it is supposed to be 12 percent lighter, not smaller.
Maybe, i cant seem to see the fact anywhere anymore.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont think so. I believe the DSi has a different battery since it has bigger screens and more onboard RAM, SD card, camera etc. Thus it will have a bigger battery than the DS lite. So why would the DS lite Charger work on a DSi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk