LNLenost

The Console Bricker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey everyone!
So I currently have a REALLY old R4 for my DS Lite. Ik there are some DSi hacks but except using a R4, can I hack a DS Lite somehow? Thank you :D

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The topic is literally "What can I do with a DS Lite?". Selling it is something they can do with it. Not sure why that is difficult for you. Not to mention, messing with it is just a waste of time imo. So much easier to just use their phone for mp3s, roms, digital painting, making music, learning another language, tuning a guitar, reading pds, and everything else mentioned.
Ok but it's on a DS-
That's way better than a boring phone--

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
I disagree because phones can do tons of things a DS cannot. DS is far more boring and limited in it's capabilities than a modern phone.
You're comparing apples and oranges here.

A DS is not a phone, and a phone is not a DS. You can't compare a fucking game console to a cellphone lmao.

Not to mention, messing with it is just a waste of time imo. So much easier to just use their phone for mp3s, roms, digital painting, making music, learning another language, tuning a guitar, reading pds, and everything else mentioned.
Everything you listed here (aside from ROMs) are features made only for a phone. Of course a phone is going to be better when it was built to be the "everything" device. The DS is also 19 years old, you can't expect it to keep up. The point isn't to get the best top of the line everything.

You're not getting a DS for those features, ultimately you'd be wanting one to play games and mess around with homebrew. Sure, the DS can do things like making music, painting, etc, but that isn't its primary feature.

Not to mention, messing with it is just a waste of time imo.
Not to mention, all of us here arguing on gbatemp are wasting time. God damn breathe a little and relax, you're allowed to waste time! If you're having fun then what does it matter?

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're comparing apples and oranges here.

A DS is not a phone, and a phone is not a DS. You can't compare a fucking game console to a cellphone lmao.

Everything you listed here (aside from ROMs) are features made only for a phone. Of course a phone is going to be better when it was built to be the "everything" device. The DS is also 19 years old, you can't expect it to keep up. The point isn't to get the best top of the line everything.

You're not getting a DS for those features, ultimately you'd be wanting one to play games and mess around with homebrew. Sure, the DS can do things like making music, painting, etc, but that isn't its primary feature.

Not to mention, all of us here arguing on gbatemp are wasting time. God damn breathe a little and relax, you're allowed to waste time! If you're having fun then what does it matter?

Wow. You mad, bro? Cuz. LMFAO!!!! Grab a tissue, kid. :rofl:

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
Wow. You mad, bro? Cuz. LMFAO!!!! Grab a tissue, kid. :rofl:
No. Just annoyed at your dumb comments lol

I think the "u mad" response is a good sign that you don't have any real points, you just want to complain.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. Just annoyed at your dumb comments lol

I think the "u mad" response is a good sign that you don't have any real points, you just want to complain.

I made plenty of perfectly good points, dotard. People listed several things they can do with their DS lite. I simply stated that IMO it's really not worth the time and effort since their phone can most likely do all of the same things that other people mentioned, easier, better, plus a lot more. My points are perfectly fine and perfectly valid. Just because you don't like or agree with them does not make them not valid points. Besides, what part of IN MY OPINION is difficult for your dead brain to understand? And complain? Where did I complain? Hypocrite. You're the one that freaked out and went on a rant complaining about my opinions. Get tossed, and stay mad. lol

• Sad
Reactions: SylverReZ

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
I made plenty of perfectly good points, dotard. People listed several things they can do with their DS lite. I simply stated that IMO it's really not worth the time and effort since their phone can most likely do all of the same things that other people mentioned, easier, better, plus a lot more. My points are perfectly fine and perfectly valid. Just because you don't like or agree with them does not make them not valid points. Besides, what part of IN MY OPINION is difficult for your dead brain to understand? Get tossed. lol
Apples and oranges, apples and oranges...

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I made plenty of perfectly good points, dotard. People listed several things they can do with their DS lite. I simply stated that IMO it's really not worth the time and effort since their phone can most likely do all of the same things that other people mentioned, easier, better, plus a lot more. My points are perfectly fine and perfectly valid. Just because you don't like or agree with them does not make them not valid points. Besides, what part of IN MY OPINION is difficult for your dead brain to understand? Get tossed. lol
ignore him, people sometimes doesnt think
Post automatically merged:

Play nintendo ds games
💀

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ignore him, people sometimes doent think

ignore him, people sometimes doent think :rofl:

Apples and oranges, apples and oranges...

At this point.. I'm near certain you don't even know wtf apples and oranges are. Sorry, not sorry, my opinions triggered the hell out of you. Sit down buddy, take a deep breath, and tell yourself everything is fine. Everything will be fine. I promise. Big hugs!

• Sad

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you may think i'm lying, but rn im posting all of this using the web browser of my Kindle Paperwhite 11th generation. And considering its a e-ink, the keyboard sucks.

At this point.. I'm near certain you don't even know wtf apples and oranges are. Sorry, not sorry, my opinions triggered the hell out of you. Sit down buddy, take a deep breath, and tell yourself everything is fine. Everything will be fine. I promise. Big hugs!
fixed the typo. happy?

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
At this point... I'm near certain you don't understand the idiom of apples and oranges. It's impossible to properly compare two entirely different technologies. Your points are mute when they simply can't apply. The only one that works would be comparing playing video games on a phone rather than a DS, though even then phones aren't designed for the same dual screen gameplay that the DS provides.

Also thanks, I was wondering what to call dancing around my house and listening to jazz while drinking tea. Triggered... weird word for it but honestly seems cool!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you may think i'm lying, but rn im posting all of this using the web browser of my Kindle Paperwhite 11th generation. And considering its a e-ink, the keyboard sucks.
Yes, that sounds like a terrible idea and I don't know why you would torture yourself with that when other more capable devices are abundantly available.

The same thing goes for a lot of things you could do with a DS Lite, except maybe run DS games. (It's very good for that.)

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
twilight menu actually works really well with a DS (not dsi) via flashcart.

and we are very close to having an AIO solution to timebombs and janky firmware thanks to the people at the flashcard archive like lifehackerhansol, deletecat and max4 and also rocketrobz, ahezard

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jee, somebody forgot to take their medication today. The low reaction score explains everything.

Reactions: rvtr

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jee, somebody forgot to take their medication today. The low reaction score explains everything.

You can stop searching for my posts and reacting to them (and to other responses to them) at any time. Wow. How weird and creepy. Stay away from me. And "today"? You're about a week late to the party and shows that you very intentionally searched for my posts so you could shit talk. Grow up. Last but not least, "low reaction score". Okay. Like 3 people out of 580,000+ registered users. :lol:

Last edited by RedColoredStars,
Reactions: LNLenost

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can enjoy playing the two Zelda games for the NDS. And if you use the patch for enabling D-Pad Controls on them both, you will surely have a great time playing, just like me!

I've tried playing them using touch controls before, but that was not the experience I'm used to, so I put them aside for way too long; but just found out about the D-Pad patches and believe me, it makes both games very enjoyable and brings the gameplay most of us are used to when playing Zelda games.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
twilight menu actually works really well with a DS (not dsi) via flashcart.
TWiLight Menu++ both work well on DS, DSi and 3DS systems.

Last edited by SylverReZ,
  • Love
Reactions: leerz

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
TWiLight Menu++ both work well on DS, DSi and 3DS systems.
I know, and this is known by many, TM is already known to work great on dsi and 3ds lol, i'm just saying, it ALSO works great on DS specifically through the flashcart for the DS

(i had to specify this explicitly)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto