Hacking Can a DSi be charged w/ a DS Lite charger?

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maz7006 said:
I dont think so. I believe the DSi has a different battery since it has bigger screens and more onboard RAM, SD card, camera etc. Thus it will have a bigger battery than the DS lite. So why would the DS lite Charger work on a DSi.

i read that the DSi has a lot less battery life than the DS, so it COULD have the same battery. still this is no info about the charger

Makaveli777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will come with it's own charger so I dont know what he's talking about.. and yes.. every imported handheld from nintendo does have an english menu and can play all the us games... hope this helps

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Makaveli777 said:
It will come with it's own charger so I dont know what he's talking about.. and yes.. every imported handheld from nintendo does have an english menu and can play all the us games... hope this helps

Well, he might be in a place where the Japanese DSi charger wouldn't work and so wanted to use a DSL charger he knows would. Which is still stupid, but reasonably legitimate.

As for every handheld from Nintendo, the only one with an OS, as such, was the DS. And now that there's an online store tied to it, the store will certainly be region locked, a la the Wii, so maybe the OS language will be too (I don't actually think this, I think it will let you choose a language, but it's a possibility - it's not as certain as this dude seems to think).

Anyway, the OP is lame. How on earth would we know - the machine isn't out anywhere yet.
And I'm bloody sick of people importing stuff and then praying it'll be in a language they'll understand. Be patient or learn Japanese.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
We don't know. The charger doesn't seem like it'd need to be different. But it's possible they might.

The system menu will probably start up in Japanese, with English as an option. Since region or language locking existing games would be a waste of their time to bother.

ShakeBunny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kikuchiyo

Asking about the charger isn't stupid. My SP and DS Phat can both be charged with the same charger, so this makes sense to ask if I was going to import. Also, I didn't even complain about it being in Japanese.

It is also reasonable to think that others out there would know things like this about the system already. We already know so much about the DSi, what makes you think that we couldn't know this?

I'm sorry but I'm "bloody sick" of people like you that go into these topics and flame without giving any help at all to the OP. I just wanted an answer to a simple question. If you don't have the answer, then kindly go somewhere else. Thank you.

Thanks to everyone else that answered my questions.

Noodleworks Inc.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just to tell you penguindefender,you better know a bit of Japanese,because the new DSi is region locked,you can only play Japanese games on the Japanese version.
Which means even if you know Japanese you won't be able to play your American games.
lecture.gif

Plus the charger slot is bigger,looking at the picture.
wacko.gif

Source:http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=198728

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Noodleworks Inc. said:
Just to tell you penguindefender,you better know a bit of Japanese,because the new DSi is region locked,you can only play Japanese games on the Japanese version.
Which means even if you know Japanese you won't be able to play your American games.
lecture.gif

Plus the charger slot is bigger,looking at the picture.
wacko.gif

Source:http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=198728

QUOTENintendo DS software however is region free so you can play any DS software on DSi from any region.

I doubt that the "DSi-only cartridge-based games" would be essentials, probably just crap produced by Nintendo. No company would screw itself by turning and saying "DSi only!".

inb4 "Dragon Quest IX, DSi Exclusive!".

Noodleworks Inc.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I doubt that the "DSi-only cartridge-based games" would be essentials, probably just crap produced by Nintendo. No company would screw itself by turning and saying "DSi only!".

inb4 "Dragon Quest IX, DSi Exclusive!".

True,But I'm just saying that the DS Camera erm.. "games" won't be very useful if they are all in japanese. Plus,you would not be able to download "DSware"

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The DSi will use the normal slot 1 carts. Nintendo is basically phasing out the gba line with the DSi.

Everyone else will get the DSi sometime in 2009, while japan gets it first. The cameras are only accessible to NEW titles that can access the hardware. Existing titles don't have code to access hardware that it doesn't know about.

And yes Nintendo is dumb enough to shoot itself in the foot.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
penguindefender said:
kikuchiyo

Asking about the charger isn't stupid. My SP and DS Phat can both be charged with the same charger, so this makes sense to ask if I was going to import. Also, I didn't even complain about it being in Japanese.

It is when the machine isn't out yet.
Unless someone has psychic powers.

ShakeBunny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, since the DSi is region locked I'll be waiting until spring to get one. For now I'm just going to buy a Les Paul.
smile.gif

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
penguindefender said:
Well, since the DSi is region locked I'll be waiting until spring to get one. For now I'm just going to buy a Les Paul.
smile.gif

And since it's region locked, when I finally do upgrade to one I will be sure to buy it in Japan and not in the U.S.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-