DS Lite Top Screen Issue After New Housing Fitted

Flower_Chiq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya

I recently replaced the housing on my DS Lite which had a broken hinge and some dead pixels.

After changing the housing, I noticed that with the power on, if you close the lid and then open it - the top screen would have a funny picture for 2 or 3 seconds, like when you manually tune old TV's.

I tried taking a picture but it was hard so I managed to find a picture online, from someone who has the same issue with their bottom screen.

dsl_bottom.jpg

My top screen looks exactly like that when I open and close it while it is powered on.

The thing is, I don't remember opening and closing it before I fitted the new housing so I don't know if this was caused by the new housing or not.

Anyway, I decided to buy a new screen and fit that, that way I get rid of the dead pixels and funny screen in one go, but... the new screen does exactly the same.

My bottom screen is perfectly fine, I don''t know if my old top screen was an original or whether the person I got it from had replaced it.

Anyone know how to fix this? is it caused by using 3rd party LCD's? or the 3rd party housing? or is it a sign that my main board is on its way out?

(I have tried disconnecting wires and the WIFI board thing and reconnecting them but still have the same problem)

Flower_Chiq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the suggestion, I tried that this afternoon but it hasn't solved it.

I have just purchased a DS Lite with pixelated bottom screen from Facebook so am going to try the top screen out of that and hopefully that will narrow down what causes the issue, fingers crossed
Post automatically merged:

Update... I plugged in the top screen from second hand DS and the problem was solved.
I was still curious though so I refitted my top screen back in... and... now that works fine too.

I did notice that the ribbon on my top screen is harder to push in and pull out of the connector on the motherboard whereas the one from the second hand DS seems to push in much easier.

I will have to keep an eye out to see if the problem returns.

Last edited by Flower_Chiq,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The ribbon cables for these consoles are known to be touchy. You have to make sure they are fully seated correctly. I had similar issue back in the day when I first reshelled my DS Lite and the console would just power off immedietely. I reseated top screen's cable and it worked fine after that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?