Hardware DS Lite Touch Screen Issue with Held Inputs

fabknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I wasn't able to find someone with this same issue online, so I figured I'd post a video of it and ask if anyone has seen this before and knows any possible solutions. I found this DS Lite in pretty good condition at a thrift store, but when testing it at home the touch screen has a weird issue. It works ok with single tap inputs, but held inputs flicker on and off. I think it's something to do with the digitizer. I tried reseating the ribbon cable but the problem persists.

Could it be that the digitizer's ribbon cable itself is a little damaged? If it has to be replaced, does anyone have any recommendations for non-OEM digitizers? I've heard that some can be a little cloudy compared to OEM ones.

Thanks!

Attachments

• VID_20240413_092230_01.mp4
    38.7 MB

UK_Ray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is fairly common and caused by someone being heavy handed with the stylus or a cheap replacement touch screen has been fitted,
A lot of the cheap screens have 'no bounce' meaning if you gently tap them with the stylus they just sound hollow in some areas and those are the areas that end up having trouble when being held.

When playing Scrabble it makes dragging the letters a nightmare, that's for sure.

Most people only test them by doing a quick single tap in one or two areas and then assume it's fine so well done for testing it thoroughly.

You could type 'NDSL OEM touch' into AliExpress, there are some on there that claim to be OEM and are pretty good quality, read the reviews before ordering, try to make sure it has 'adhesive' already on it as that will save you some time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade