Gaming Buy Smash On Both Consoles, use the 3DS as an extra controller

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I read that if you have both smash brothers versions (3ds and wii u) you are able to use your 3ds as an extra controller on the wii u, perfect for multiplayer.

Source

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Damn you made me think Nintendo would be giving away a free GameCube controller too for those who'd buy both versions of the game but it's connecting the 2DS/3DS to the Wii U.

But regardless, it's still a good optional controller.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
At the very least, this will shut up any people who are still butthurt that there's no cross-console gameplay. Because now we kinda have it, and both versions retain their individuality.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried the japanese rom on my gateway and I just gotta say, my hands are just not made for the button layout of the 3ds during fast combat.... the L and R button just feel uncomfortable to handle lol, so Im just gonna buy the wiiu version, but it is still a nice feature

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried the japanese rom on my gateway and I just gotta say, my hands are just not made for the button layout of the 3ds during fast combat.... the L and R button just feel uncomfortable to handle lol, so Im just gonna buy the wiiu version, but it is still a nice feature
not to mention this game is killing slidepads left and right.

i wouldn't honestly want to use the 3ds as a controller in that case at all.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

considering, how many controllers have died in combat during the smash sessions with my buddies, I really wouldn`t want to use my precious 3ds either, I`d rather have a 20-30€ controller get destroyed then one of my 3DS XL systems, which cost "a little bit" more then a controller XD

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
considering, how many controllers have died in combat during the smash sessions with my buddies, I really wouldn`t want to use my precious 3ds either, I`d rather have a 20-30€ controller get destroyed then one of my 3DS XL systems, which cost "a little bit" more then a controller XD

what controllers did you use? we've got 3 original gamecube ones that worked their way through about 3000 hours of this game without so much as a scratch

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what controllers did you use? we've got 3 original gamecube ones that worked their way through about 3000 hours of this game without so much as a scratch
some gc controllers, some classic controllers, also several nunchuks (one of my friends INSISTS on playing with wiimote + nunchuk, only god knows why...)
well its not so much the controllers fault, its just that alcohol + temperamentful people + fighting against each other isn't the best combination for poor little controllers.. the new nintendo smash gc controllers will be our next... victims

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

That's the exact reason why I want the controls to be changed to the dpad, the control with the slidepad just feels weird to me. :unsure:
Good thing that will be possible in the final version.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's the exact reason why I want the controls to be changed to the dpad, the control with the slidepad just feels weird to me. :unsure:
Good thing that will be possible in the final version.
source?
because in the japanese version you can change control settings, but you cant change it for the dpad, it only serves for the poses
or did I just not see an option to change that, too?

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Nintendo Treehouse had an 8-hour stream some days ago, where they announced it.
Scroll down to 22:04.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e_shows_off_upcoming_wii_u_and_3ds_games_live

okay so at 3:21:50 of that 8 hour video, they show the settings, but they don`t actually go in there and the picture looks just like the one from the jap version, showing only the slidepad and the buttons, so I think it will be just the same as it already is with the jap version, no dpad change possible and none of them actually say, that you can change the dpad buttons... they say "whatever button you want", but I only believe it, when I see it after release
so far I would say, it is just like the jap version, which sucks

Don21

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol, cant believe that nintendo make this possible.Its a nice feature, but didnt they know if we play on 3ds you wreck the analog stick lol.

Cant wait for 21 november to get the wii u version.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Not only do I want to play with the D-PAD because it's much more accurate and fast but also because of this...

630x.jpg

This is some unfortunate fella's 3DS which he/she forced too much force on the Stick and so it popped off.
okay so at 3:21:50 of that 8 hour video, they show the settings, but they don`t actually go in there and the picture looks just like the one from the jap version, showing only the slidepad and the buttons, so I think it will be just the same as it already is with the jap version, no dpad change possible and none of them actually say, that you can change the dpad buttons... they say "whatever button you want", but I only believe it, when I see it after release
so far I would say, it is just like the jap version, which sucks

Yeah, they didn't show us that it was possible to change the Stick for the D-PAD but once I receive my own copy I'll know whether I can swap it or not. I hope I can god dammit Nintendo!

Reactions: Don21

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i think enough people confirmed that you cant use dpad to control character by now. and at least that guy only lost the rubber, that ccould ptentially be fixed with a tiny drop of superglue. but for some people, it actually breaks of that black part too and that probably requires replacement entirely

you'd really expect something like that to have happened during testing though and they'd check into that or at least give players a warning or something

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think enough people confirmed that you cant use dpad to control character by now. and at least that guy only lost the rubber, that ccould ptentially be fixed with a tiny drop of superglue. but for some people, it actually breaks of that black part too and that probably requires replacement entirely

you'd really expect something like that to have happened during testing though and they'd check into that or at least give players a warning or something

To be fair it's not like it's a 3DS manufacturing flaw, it's that people are being way too hard on it for this game. There have been hundreds of 3DS games that have used the circle pad, only now for some reason people are playing it way too much and being way too hard.

Is this even a widespread phenomenon or is it just one guy and Shitaku picked up his funny reddit image and made a news story from it?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Even if it is a widespread phenomenon, it's just people slamming the circle pad to the side way harder than they should. As long as you're a little careful this really shouldn't happen.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

True, the Japanese version doesn't have the option so most likely the EU/US won't neither. Sadly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.