My "brand new" wii u is version 5.5.5

Azguk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi, I bought a Japanese wii u that was advertised as brand new unopened in original packaging. When i got it it certainly looks brand new, had to set up a user account and go through the first time set up. Box is perfect condition, manuals, console and controller shows absolutely no wear or use. But is is version 5.5.5 which was released in 2021 where as the wii u ended production in 2017.

So, did i get ripped off as it is not brand new?

Reactions: Blythe93

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
maybe unopened meeans that the console itself was never opened. Or maybe it's a nintendo refurbished one.

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where did you buy it from? Directly from Japan or Joe Ebay? If it's 5.5.5 J then it's not brand new. Post a text description or something if it's in Japanese. Because it's either lost in translation or you've been jipped.

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe the seller just tested it to see if it still was in working condition, I highly doubt it was never opened.

If you don't plan to resell it and wanted to use it anyway (and I think you do, because you did turn it on after all), and it looks brand new, just keep it. Maybe ask the seller out of curiosity, since it's misleading selling something as brand new and unopened when it's not, even if it looks pristine...

Azguk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi, sorry for not getting back to everyone.
Im definitely keeping it, already soft modded it, except for the language.
It was only 225 to Ireland with free shipping. Pretty sure it did come from Japan as it had Japanese newspaper around the box. Box is in perfect condition. Was not factory sealed.
It was on ebay and in English and the seller has 98% positive feed back. Nothing about it being refurbished.

I think i will ask the seller, out of curiosity. Anyway I'm very happy with it.

Last edited by Azguk,

Azguk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi, sorry for not getting back to everyone.
Im definitely keeping it, already soft modded it, except for the language.
It was only 225 to Ireland with free shipping. Pretty sure it did come from Japan as it had Japanese newspaper around the box. Box is in perfect condition. Was not factory sealed.
It was on ebay and in English and the seller has 98% positive feed back. Nothing about it being refurbished.

I think i will ask the seller, out of curiosity. Anyway I'm very happy with it.
Well i asked and its been a week and no reply. It was from an online retailer, not a private sale.
If anyone is buying one advertised as "brand new unopened", ask some questions first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0