BloodStained - Castlevania Successor revealed

Koji Igarashi of Castlevania fame has finally shown what he's been working on since leaving Konami, and it looks glorious.
bs1.png
bswow.png
bs.png bs2.png bs3.png bs4.png

Target platforms are PS4, PC, Linux & XboxOne.

:arrow:Bloodstained Kickstarter

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I hope Ayami Kojima is one of the secret treasures.. okay, I know it's not like that.

I just don't like the style that much. It's nice. But who needs the Snake voice in a Igarashi game anyway? Let him go, save money and beg for Kojima to help out.

This guy is realistic, better put a logical estimated delivery date than pulling out a PLEASE UNDERSTAND later.
At least it's not "soon", right?

Reactions: KingVamp

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I am big fan of Castlevania & I was so excited until i see the estimated delivery: March 2017... damn
Games take time to develop, and they literally have nothing but the basic concepts and character design at this point. Nothing they've shown is more than concept art. That means they basically have the whole development cycle ahead of them, and I think approximately two years is fairly reasonable to take it from the drawing board to a ready to release creation.

nonamejohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games take time to develop, and they literally have nothing but the basic concepts and character design at this point. Nothing they've shown is more than concept art. That means they basically have the whole development cycle ahead of them, and I think approximately two years is fairly reasonable to take it from the drawing board to a ready to release creation.
This is absolutely correct. I wish him and his team the best. I totally love his DS games ! Oh, one more thing, having a woman as the lead is fantastic !

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fucking bullshit. If they can't make this 2.5D game run on a WiiU, they can't develop games.

2.5d is shit ,please kill this fucking shit format

am i the only one that wants to see a decent reboot in 3d that is true to the original 4 or 5 or 6 games but just in 3d and not some side scrolling weeaboo shit ?
make it non linear, same enemies, bosses, and weapons like a classic remake but in 3d

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
2.5d is shit ,please kill this fucking shit format

am i the only one that wants to see a decent reboot in 3d that is true to the original 4 or 5 or 6 games but just in 3d and not some side scrolling weeaboo shit ?
make it non linear, same enemies, bosses, and weapons like a classic remake but in 3d

Who cares?
I mean, I am glad you like 3D and you are entitled to have an opinion and hate side scrolling 2D.
But your are crossing the line implying that 2D is some not decent type of gameplay that only japan-obsessed-to-a-point-of-mental-illness persons would play (because let's be clear, you are using the term weeaboo as a derogatory term with that meaning).
There are many people that like 2D games (rendered as multilayered 3D, etc., I don't care), you should respect them the same way you expect respect from them.
It is OK if you like whatever type of 3D games, but don't take it out on other people because the type of games you like are not being developed.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares?
I mean, I am glad you like 3D and you are entitled to have an opinion and hate side scrolling 2D.
But your are crossing the line implying that 2D is some not decent type of gameplay that only japan-obsessed-to-a-point-of-mental-illness persons would play (because let's be clear, you are using the term weeaboo as a derogatory term with that meaning).
There are many people that like 2D games (rendered as multilayered 3D, etc., I don't care), you should respect them the same way you expect respect from them.
It is OK if you like whatever type of 3D games, but don't take it out on other people because the type of games you like are not being developed.

oh no im not saying that 2d is weeaboo at all , im saying enough with the 2d and 2.5d side scrollers already
especially on home consoles
and i am also saying that WTF happened to CV? after GBA it went full weeaboo, it was never all anime before the GBA era , that is what i mean by weeaboo
bring it back to what it was 1,2,3,4, SOTN,rondo of blood,even CV64

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
oh no im not saying that 2d is weeaboo at all , im saying enough with the 2d and 2.5d side scrollers already
and i am also saying that WTF happened to CV? after GBA it went full weeaboo, it was never all anime before the GBA era , that is what i mean by weeaboo

Ah, OK. I misunderstood. Sorry.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks pretty cool. I really like the design for the main character.
I'll prob back it. Pretty happy to see all these awesome looking games coming around. I've wanted a new proper Castlevania for god knows how long.

Do you even know what weeaboo is you fucking idiot?
Was there a couple of "Lets explore Japan with Dracula-senpai!!" games I missed?
Cuz that would be weeaboo. Dunno what the fuck you think it means.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks pretty cool. I really like the design for the main character.
I'll prob back it. Pretty happy to see all these awesome looking games coming around. I've wanted a new proper Castlevania for god knows how long.

Do you even know what weeaboo is you fucking idiot?
Was there a couple of "Lets explore Japan with Dracula-senpai!!" games I missed?
Cuz that would be weeaboo. Dunno what the fuck you think it means.

it means westerns who are obsessed with japanese anime manga culture, and CV was never anime style till the GBA games, get a clue you are probably not even old enough to to have noticed that CV games were not all anime before that and also did not incorporate so much japanese style RPG elements
somewhere around circle of the moon and there after the characters got really feminine and anime looking and and they started to incorporate a ridiculous level of japanese RPG style elements to the series

potato3334

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's with all these developers leaving a company, only to continue making almost the exact same games they were already making while part of the company.

Disturbed1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it means westerns who are obsessed with japanese anime manga culture, and CV was never anime style till the GBA games, get a clue you are probably not even old enough to to have noticed that CV games were not all anime before that and also did not incorporate so much japanese style RPG elements
somewhere around circle of the moon and there after the characters got really feminine and anime looking and and they started to incorporate a ridiculous level of japanese RPG style elements to the series

The metroidvanias started with Symphony of the Night actually. Though you might be a bit too young to have played the original Playstation...

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The project already broke a million, which is mighty impressive, and the next stretch goal now that we got everything prior as well as recently added cheat codes is local co-op at $1,250,000.

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically it was always anime style, but it became "more anime style" over time.
It really depends on game tho, Rondo of Blood had anime cutscenes that looked like this:
rondo1--article_image.jpg

*shudder* Anyway, I was put off at first at how anime the kickstarter is. But those screenshots aren't real, just concept art, so we'll have to wait and see.
Also, this game can have any art style it wants seeing as it's a totally new IP. I'm more concerned about the game looking good at all, no matter what art style is used.

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to nitpick, but the name ought to be changed to just Bloodstained, or at least replace "Ritual of the Night" with something better.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I am going to be with Guild on the having flashbacks to the farce that mighty no 9 became. Hopefully if/when it all falls apart it does so in as memorable a way.

The Wii U related whining is also amusing me.

When's the Crash Bandicoot rip-off Kickstarter gonna happen? We've been long overdue for one.
Because I am a bastard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: