BloodStained - Castlevania Successor revealed

Koji Igarashi of Castlevania fame has finally shown what he's been working on since leaving Konami, and it looks glorious.
bs1.png
bswow.png
bs.png bs2.png bs3.png bs4.png

Target platforms are PS4, PC, Linux & XboxOne.

:arrow:Bloodstained Kickstarter

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The only thing I remember about Order of Ecclesia is that incredible DS game I loved, and the time I threw into going through the training hall once and again because I loved how the platforms gameplay of that sector felt.
I didn't know it didn't sell well, such a pity.

sadly, all the ds castlevanias didn't sell that well.
the first gba castlevania just barely sold 0.9million games. the two games that came after it only sold about 0.5m units together.
then came dawn of sorrow which sold a bit better, but still only 0.4million units, and both portrait and order sold less than that, with order selling only 0.35million units. and thats worldwide sales.
at least according to vgchartz.
i mean, dont get me wrong, those salesnumbers aren't terrible. but they're nothing to write home about and I can see why they rather tried their luck by taking the castlevania name and putting it on that weird action quicktimeevent thingy they sold on the 360 and ps3, than trying for yet another mediocre-at-best-selling metroidvania.
castlevania is really a niche series. a great one, but non the less, not that popular. similar to literally everything that people consider good survival horror games.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The protagonist reminds me of Shanoa from Order of Ecclesia, which is awesome. I'm just a bit disappointed that it is a home-console only game. For some reason, I always found 2D side-scroller to be more enjoyable in handhelds than in home-consoles.
I'll agree with you mostly, but there was always symphony of the night ;)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol they prefer getting it to Linux more then porting it to WiiU

that's something

Yes, probably just recompile and works vs. cry to Epic Games to bring Unreal Engine 4 support to the Wii U and die in the process.
Even so, going by this support list, it is more plausible to see the game running on Ouya than on Wii U.
wikipedia said:

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Michiru Yamane for the music? That's something really good! :wub:

Damn, I'll need a PS4 or a One when it's done.. this can't really be ported to the WiiU, can it? :unsure:

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Michiru Yamane for the music? That's something really good! :wub:

Damn, I'll need a PS4 or a One when it's done.. this can't really be ported to the WiiU, can it? :unsure:

I don't know, just remember about the
WHAT ABOUT NINTENDO? said:
What does that mean?... Well looking at this:
41cf42db059557b436260eec5379f83e_original.png

And realizing every new stretch goal goes downwards and downwards. I suppose Wii U version will be a stretch goal at the basement.

PS: Yes I know it was already said in page 1, but this looks more graphic (perhaps).

MaskedRed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never even heard of this until today, sounds promising so far and I hope that it's as fun as Symphony of the night if not better.

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

And realizing every new stretch goal goes downwards and downwards. I suppose Wii U version will be a stretch goal at the basement.

PS: Yes I know it was already said in page 1, but this looks more graphic (perhaps).

I see, thank you. Just read through the site.

The archievements are really clever made. Such nice and easy ways to make the game popular and well known.
After a long time a game I really want - I loved the DS titles and played them to no end.

But even if it gets ported, I still doubt that it will be a good one.. somehow I got a strange feeling.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
way to go, making this resemble order of ecclesia so much. remember? order of ecclesia? the worst selling of the gba-ds metroidvania games?

being absolutely honest, I'd much rather have a metroidvania that goes into a different direction entirely... i mean, between metroids planetary dungeons and castlevanias bigass castle, can't we have the same formula in a different setting?
To me it looks like it resembles the other 2 DS/gba titles visually, infact I wanted the game to look darker, like OoE, it was handheld igavania's best look by far.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... Just remember that Mighty No. 9 has Wii U and 3DS versions.
Just saying.

But that doesn't use Unreal Engine 4, kinda wastes of a powerful engine IMHO. I bet they used it just so they could avoid porting it to the Wii U. Also, Epic Games CEO stated that UE4 can run on the Wii U, someone just has to port it over http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...pers_can_use_unreal_engine_4_for_wii_u_titles

Quote from Mark Rein

You heard the stupid gaffe yesterday about the Wii U. If someone wants to take Unreal Engine 4 and ship a game on Wii U, they can! If they wanna ship an Unreal Engine 4 game on Xbox 360, they could make it happen.

It's not a matter of being incapable, it's a matter of it being optimized/ported to run on Wii U hardware.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country

The game literally can't be run on the Wii U because it uses Unreal Engine 4, and the Wii U doesn't support Unreal Engine 4. Pretty much every other modern piece of computer equipment does, but the Wii U does not. Blame Nintendo.

Reactions: T-hug

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yooka-Laylee too. This is an exciting method. Does it have its problems? Sure. So does in house funding.
The biggest difference between Mighty No. 9 and Yooka-Laylee is that the former has been funded by a businessman who took all the credit for a game franchise. I don't understand why he's acclaimed as the creator of Mega Man when that's a load of bull. While Yooka-Laylee was already in development at the time, and would've been made, Kickstarter or not. Plus, they had a team of competent people who worked on good games prior to that.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The game literally can't be run on the Wii U because it uses Unreal Engine 4, and the Wii U doesn't support Unreal Engine 4. Pretty much every other modern piece of computer equipment does, but the Wii U does not. Blame Nintendo.

Yeah, but it could either be ported to UE3 or UE4 be ported to Wii U.
The first part is more likely.
After all Inti Creates is making this game, the same dev team behind Mighty No. 9, and they used UE3 in the end to make that.

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, but it could either be ported to UE3 or UE4 be ported to Wii U.
The first part is more likely.
After all Inti Creates is making this game, the same dev team behind Mighty No. 9, and they used UE3 in the end to make that.
And what changed in the way of quality? I don't know this game.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And what changed in the way of quality? I don't know this game.

Erm... I don't think too much changed related to quality... But I don't have too much hope in Mighty No.9, I backed it originally so whenever they send me a copy I could tell you first hand.
I know the licensing model changed a lot with UE4, so (I am not sure but) perhaps the reason for using UE4 is related to costs, not to quality.

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Erm... I don't think too much changed related to quality... But I don't have too much hope in Mighty No.9, I backed it originally so whenever they send me a copy I could tell you first hand.
I know the licensing model changed a lot with UE4, so (I am not sure but) perhaps the reason for using UE4 is related to costs, not to quality.
Oh, sorry. I thought this game was already out.

But whatever, I hope you are right with your suggestion. ; )

I really hope for somehthing good hear. Remember BloodRayne Betrayal? Tears in my eyes :sad:
(I know it has nothing to do with Igarashi - only the setting is similar.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k