Bethesda's upcoming game schedule leaked, includes Fallout 3 and Oblivion remasters

bestheda.png

The Microsoft and FTC legal battle saw classified documents leaked earlier today, when what was supposed to be redacted information was instead directly uploaded to the US government court record. Following the hardware documents, software documents have also been leaked, revealing what Bethesda has in store for the next few years. The presentation is from 2020, and from a pre-Microsoft Bethesda, forecasting game releases up to Fiscal Year 2024.

A lot could have changed since Microsoft's acquisition of Bethesda, particularly certain mobile and free-to-play titles that ZeniMax had listed. What was initially planned to release in Fiscal Year 2022 (October 2022-September 2023) included an Oblivion remaster, the Indiana Jones game which was delayed, and DLC for Starfield, which by 2020 was going to have already been out in 2022, but ended up being delayed to 2023.

Additionally, a game called DOOM Year Zero was in the works, and had an initial release frame of Fiscal Year 2023 (October 1, 2023-September 30, 2024). Following that would be a Project Kestrel and Project Platinum. The next year would see a lot of game releases, ranging from The Elder Scrolls VI, an expansion DLC for Project Kestrel, a "licensed IP game", a remaster of 2008's Fallout 3, a sequel to Ghostwire: Tokyo, Dishonored 3, and DLC for DOOM Year Zero.

Whether or not these projects are still in the works three years after this document was made is questionable, though it's clear that Bethesda was affected by delays across nearly all their development since then.

:arrow: Source

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Oh, yeah, they did do that.

"Doom is the opposite of storytelling"

...didn't they literally have story intermissions in the first game?

You know, these:
iu

It's not much but I would consider it to be storytelling.
I was just saying tonight when we finished a level of Quake 2 I said thats how you do cutscenes. Just a small segment to cover up the loading screen. It was direct to the point without any extra crap.
It was so refreshing to see the cutscenes again after not seeing them for so many years.
Quake 2 is still the pinnacle of gaming for me. It was the peak of multiplayer gaming, the last before the leaderboards and esports ruined it for everyone.
Yea, Quake 2 has leaderboards for that round but wasn't a worldwide leaderboard. Just whoever won that round. Thats all it needed. I didn't care I was on the bottom, it was so much fun. Look at my avatar, thats a Quake 2 skin. She comes with voice too.
Back in the quake 2 days it was so funny when you see people stop in the game. They are looking at the naked chick with big blue wings and a wand that shoots rockets. LOL.
Those were the good ole days.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess they are quite far behind if this is accurate. Some of these games will likely never get released.
Post automatically merged:

I don’t know why Bethesda is so enamoured with Fallout 3 when the game is objectively inferior to New Vegas in every way. They already gave it a 4K upscale on Series X, it’s about time to give New Vegas the same kind of treatment.
It has nothing to do with what game you think is better, Fallout 3 is more popular. Can we also call the fallout 3 treatment on series x what it is, they didn't upscale it, they changed the configuration so it runs at a higher resolution. Its basically the same as clicking a different resolution on pc.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don’t know why Bethesda is so enamoured with Fallout 3 when the game is objectively inferior to New Vegas in every way. They already gave it a 4K upscale on Series X, it’s about time to give New Vegas the same kind of treatment.
I agree, I wish they would remaster New Vegas instead.. Fallout 3 was ok, but not too keen to replay it

Reactions: Xzi

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That gets me more excite. I am playing through Fallout 3 for the first time now and having a blast. I heard that Fallout 4, though, is much more FPS heavy and less strategic and tactical.

Still excite.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That gets me more excite. I am playing through Fallout 3 for the first time now and having a blast. I heard that Fallout 4, though, is much more FPS heavy and less strategic and tactical.

Still excite.
Fallout 4 improved all the mechanics and graphics, but the game itself just felt dull to me. It doesnt have the same magic as other Bethesda games.

Reactions: onibaku

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It has nothing to do with what game you think is better, Fallout 3 is more popular. Can we also call the fallout 3 treatment on series x what it is, they didn't upscale it, they changed the configuration so it runs at a higher resolution. Its basically the same as clicking a different resolution on pc.
New Vegas completely eclipsed Fallout 3 in sales when it debuted, has more concurrent players on Steam to this day and has similar lifetime sales (12 million for New Vegas compared to 12.4 million for Fallout 3, and those are estimates only, so they’re relatively equal). I also disagree with your comment on Series X improvements, there’s a noticeable uplift in graphical fidelity and new features not previously available in software. Oblivion is an especially good example since the Series X patch adds HDR on top of the resolution boost and FPS boost.

Still excite.
Fallout 4 is alright, but it’s blatantly obvious that the spirit of the series stuck with Obsidian, Bethesda just owns the IP. On the bright side Microsoft now own the holy trinity - Obsidian, inExile and Bethesda, so for all intents and purposes they hold all the magical rings. With their powers combined they can make a Black Isle/Interplay game again.

Reactions: onibaku and Xzi

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC players will already have Skyblivion, so there's almost no need for them to buy an Oblivion remaster. If it were me at the head of Bethesda, I would have actually reached out to the Skyblivion team and offered to hire them, and give them the necessary tools to do a proper remaster, rather than making a new product that will now only end up competing with a Skyrim mod. Considering that, I'm more looking forward to a Fallout 3 remaster. I only hope they can clean up their current engine a bit more before releasing either of these remasters. But we'll see. This is Bethesda we're talking about, after all. Modders will probably be forced to clean up their shit, once again.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played one modless run of Oblivion, and I'll never do it again. The level scaling in that game is PAINFUL! With mods, Oblivion is a great game! Also, Skyblivion is a thing, and modders tend to do better work than major companies, when it comes to Bethesda games. lol

For anyone curious.

Last edited by Viri,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I really hope it's just Oblivion with better graphics and only a few things changed. Controversial opinion but I really don't like the direction Skyrim took the EOS series in and would hate to Oblivion be brought down that direction. If that happens, I will just continue to wait for Skyblivion

UltraHurricane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They actually planned to release Starfield in 2021 at one point?

Imagine how much of a mess that would've been lmao. I guess no wonder they delayed it so much.

DOOM Year Zero also sounds interesting... taking a guess that might've been a prequel to the first DOOM or something, given the name.
pretty sure this schedule was still tentative and also planned before COVID happened which delayed everything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: speaking of roasted nuts, do you guys prefer your peanuts salted or honey roasted?