Bethesda's new Fallout Anthology packs seven games inside a mini nuke

Fallout-Anthology-v2.0_VanityImage-EN-01.jpg
To celebrate the premiere of the Fallout TV show on April 12, Bethesda has announced a new collection of all seven mainline Fallout games. The S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology will come in a mini nuke that houses seven cards, each depicting one of the seven S.P.E.C.I.A.L. skills in Fallout's character creator. Each card also comes with a one-time use Steam code to redeem one of the Fallout games. The following games are included in the collection:
  • Fallout
  • Fallout 2
  • Fallout Tactics
  • Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
  • Fallout New Vegas - Ultimate Edition
  • Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition
  • Fallout 76
The collection is very similar to the one Bethesda released prior to Fallout 4's launch in 2015; the design is almost identical, and both even come with a button that makes a detonation noise. The key difference, that will likely be a sticking point for many collectors, is that the previous mini nuke collection came with physical copies of each game, while this new collection features only a digital code. That change arguably turns the mini nuke collection into simply a decorative collectible, rather than a real collection of the games.

The Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology Collection is available for pre-order now and will release on April 11, 2024, for $60USD.

:arrow: Source

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"7 Award-Winning Games"

Maybe, if you count Fallout 76 winning the "Worst Transition to Multiplayer" Award. Otherwise...yeah, no, that's inflated. 6 games maximum, maybe even 5 considering I've heard 4 isn't nearly as good as 3 and New Vegas.
turns out fallout 76 won the golden trailer award for best video game tv spot
it's award-winning

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I want that mini nuke but I don't $60 want it.
As for the games, I've already acquired :ph34r: all the ones I'm interested in through... other means :ph34r:

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Who has a disc drive in their PC in 2024?
I still use one if I want to play older games that come on optical media.

I want that mini nuke but I don't $60 want it.
As for the games, I've already acquired :ph34r: all the ones I'm interested in through... other means :ph34r:
Reminds me of when they sold this Pip-Boy accessory back then which didn't do much.
1708590412666.png

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hard pass due to the lack of physical media. I don't care about a bunch of codes that have virtually no value. I wish this wasn't a PC release, to be honest. The PC games market has been ruined with codes in DVD cases many years ago.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't be surprised to find it on aliexpress for 10 or 20 bucks. I got the old one, but forgot to get 4 in steelbook form. I should probably get a fit girl *cough* to shrink the game down and burn it to a bluray myself, and add it to the physical collection. Wonder how rare the steelbooks are.

People who don't play digital only probably have one installed or at least somewhere on hand.

Though, tbh, external disc drives are the way to go nowadays. Cheap and usb c powered, and can burn those 100gb bluray disc.

My internal is used for ripping everything and for long-term backups of games and data. Plus, it's easier to make ai upscales when you're ripping from the best version available. Basically, disc drives are essential if you're serious about data preservation.

As a side note, disc rot is a real thing, so it's good to make duplicates every other decade or so. I worry about psx and sega cd games in the coming and next decade. Gotta hardmod and use duplicates.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: SylverReZ

MadMakuFuuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"7 Award-Winning Games"

Maybe, if you count Fallout 76 winning the "Worst Transition to Multiplayer" Award. Otherwise...yeah, no, that's inflated. 6 games maximum, maybe even 5 considering I've heard 4 isn't nearly as good as 3 and New Vegas.
it is not, for sure; i've trided to pçay fo4 for the first time last week. got bored after 2 days. dunno what not clicked for me on that game. well, to be honest, i like the lore of the series A LOT, but i feel that fallout series, as games, are kinda overrated. not bad, of course, but not that "masterpiece" some people said on youtube channels

Reactions: osaka35

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
6 games maximum, maybe even 5 considering I've heard 4 isn't nearly as good as 3 and New Vegas.
Fallout 4 is decent with all things considered. Totally worth playing. New Vegas is still my favorite, followed by the Fallout 3, which was my first Fallout game. 1 and 2 are pretty good, too, they have probably the best story of all of them.

However, the main issue with all of the Fallout games is that I find it problematic to play them without unofficial patches at the very least. Even with the vanilla New Vegas I've run into save corruption issues all the time, which was nuts. True, I've played all of them on PC, so I'm not sure how stable the console variants are.

Reactions: BigOnYa and osaka35

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now listen here, you little sh--

Of course I have an optical drive internally where possible.

No pc I use as a primary of anything, goes without a sound card, either. Only exception there, is the living room pc due entirely to space constraints forcing the ITX route. And incidentally, new tv and sound bar setup making it easier to do hdmi audio than optical or anything else.

If possible I even try to slot in a 3.5" floppy drive.

Given Steam's attitude toward some of the classics, it has forced me to give a hard look at migrating toward GOG where possible or feasible. Espwcially to be able to install some of thw games on like Win9x and xp.

Reactions: WiiHomebrew+Snes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?