Microsoft and Obsidian are reportedly in the early stages of discussing a possible Fallout: New Vegas 2

fallout-new-vegas-box-art.jpg

Something big may be happening over at Obsidian, now that they've been acquired by Xbox, at least, if you're willing to believe rumors. According to Jeff Grub, news writer at VentureBeat and leaker of game reveals, Xbox and Obsidian have been discussing the possibility of making a sequel to Fallout: New Vegas. Now that Xbox owns the Fallout IP, there's been talk of getting Obsidian to return to the franchise they helped create.

"This is very early, but people have begun to have talks and say these words in sentences, and those words are ‘Obsidian’ and ‘New Vegas 2’, Grubb claimed. He added that Microsoft is keen on the idea and that, "there’s a lot of interest to make it happen." Nothing definitive has happened yet, however; according to Grubb, "there’s at least an interest and conversations happening about making something like that actually a reality." As for his legitimacy in reporting insider industry knowledge, Grubb has accurately leaked details such as the existence of Nintendo Direct streams before they were announced, predicted Pikmin 3 Deluxe, and revealed Mass Effect: Legendary Edition long before EA was going to announce it.

Fallout: New Vegas was a collaboration between Bethesda and Obsidian, with the former being the current owners of the franchise, and the latter being the remnants of Black Isle Studios, the team who developed the original Fallout games. New Vegas is one of the most well-received entries in the Fallout series, and is regarded as one of the best western RPGs of all time. Time will tell whether Microsoft and Obsidian will move forward with these talks.

:arrow: Source

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Shouldn't that kind of thing be discussed with Bethesda as well, Considering they own the rights to Fallout?

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
the original obsidian team is not there anymore they left for other places
Boyarsky, Tim Cain, Josh Sawyer, Urquhart, and Scott Everts are all still there, and were major staff for the Fallout series. The only really huge loss was Avellone.

We could also see some of the InExile/Wasteland team be involved, depending on how things go.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Seeing how a huge pile of crap outerworlds (on narrative, design, shit that twitter crowd approves etc.) was, that no one even talks about it anymore, i''m reluctant to any new project coming from obsidian. But maybe since it's fonv they will assign some decent people not the blue haired ones.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obsidian are still busy making Grounded. Whilst I eventually enjoyed the game, the made some very poor updates, essentially rolling back huge amounts of users progress and introducing mandatory grinding.

Not too sure on the Fallout game personally, with their current record.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Obsidian are back to work on a FO game, wonder if (MS) they'll go with the original isometric style of the first 2 games, or will they go with the modern FPS style of the later FO games, probably the latter since they mentioned it being NV2.

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nice ... but New Vegas is a place we have already been too ...
How about a place in Europe calling it Fallout : the New Red Wave
where you have to deal with the Chinese-Russian Alliance
and a few crazy German scientists for good measure

Reactions: rantex92

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.