Bethesda's upcoming game schedule leaked, includes Fallout 3 and Oblivion remasters

bestheda.png

The Microsoft and FTC legal battle saw classified documents leaked earlier today, when what was supposed to be redacted information was instead directly uploaded to the US government court record. Following the hardware documents, software documents have also been leaked, revealing what Bethesda has in store for the next few years. The presentation is from 2020, and from a pre-Microsoft Bethesda, forecasting game releases up to Fiscal Year 2024.

A lot could have changed since Microsoft's acquisition of Bethesda, particularly certain mobile and free-to-play titles that ZeniMax had listed. What was initially planned to release in Fiscal Year 2022 (October 2022-September 2023) included an Oblivion remaster, the Indiana Jones game which was delayed, and DLC for Starfield, which by 2020 was going to have already been out in 2022, but ended up being delayed to 2023.

Additionally, a game called DOOM Year Zero was in the works, and had an initial release frame of Fiscal Year 2023 (October 1, 2023-September 30, 2024). Following that would be a Project Kestrel and Project Platinum. The next year would see a lot of game releases, ranging from The Elder Scrolls VI, an expansion DLC for Project Kestrel, a "licensed IP game", a remaster of 2008's Fallout 3, a sequel to Ghostwire: Tokyo, Dishonored 3, and DLC for DOOM Year Zero.

Whether or not these projects are still in the works three years after this document was made is questionable, though it's clear that Bethesda was affected by delays across nearly all their development since then.

:arrow: Source

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm here to let you know that I'm in the market for current gen FO: New Vegas support. If you could go ahead and jump that to the front of the queue, that'd be great.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to DOOM Year Zero if it ever does come out b/c DOOM Eternal was my sh*t...
Post automatically merged:

I didn't realize that Ghostwire: Tokyo was a Bethesda game.
Tango Gameworks, the devs behind that game that also developed "The Evil Within" (which is a good horror game by the way) is owned by Bethesda and it was started up by legendary original RE4 director, Shinji Mikami.

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t know why Bethesda is so enamoured with Fallout 3 when the game is objectively inferior to New Vegas in every way. They already gave it a 4K upscale on Series X, it’s about time to give New Vegas the same kind of treatment.
If I'm not mistaken Fallout 3 was developed in-house whereas New Vegas was developed by an outside studio.

Expanding: Both games still are under the Bethesda publishing arm but I'd gather they favor Fallout 3 more because of the above. Somewhat similar situation to what happened with Mario Galaxy 1-2 (Albeit instead of different devs, they had different directors/producers).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If I'm not mistaken Fallout 3 was developed in-house whereas New Vegas was developed by an outside studio.

Expanding: Both games still are under the Bethesda publishing arm but I'd gather they favor Fallout 3 more because of the above. Somewhat similar situation to what happened with Mario Galaxy 1-2 (Albeit instead of different devs, they had different directors/producers).
New Vegas was developed by Obsidian, a group of developers that formerly worked for Interplay/Black Isle. They were the actual creators of the series, that’s the core reason why Bethesda contracted them to develop New Vegas in the first place. All of this Fallout drama is kind of irrelevant now as Bethesda, Obsidian and inXile (another off-shoot studio) are all under the parent umbrella of Xbox Game Studios and have to play nice with each other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright