Limited Run Games 2023 Showcase - Clock Tower is getting an official English localization

E3 might not be happening this year, but that's not stopping Limited Run Games, who are still airing their own annual showcase. Titled LRG3 2023, the company has a slew of releases of new-old gaming content. The 37-minute showcase revealed the following announcements:

Castlevania Advance Collection is getting a physical release for Switch and PS4 on July 28th.

DOOM-like game from 1995 Rise of the Triad: Ludicrous Edition is coming soon to Limited Run Games' physical release.

Koumajou Remilia: Scarlet Symphony is a Metroidvania touhou game. It'll be on the Nintendo Switch.

Yet another retro game. remastered by M2, made by Toaplan. It's the shmup Tiger, as well as Twin Cobra, and its various platform ports, and Tiger-Heli. Fall 2023, for Switch and PS4.

Digital Eclipse is immortalizing Karateka. It'll include 4 different ports of the game, alongside a remaster. PS5, PS4, and Switch.

9 TMNT games are going to have their soundtracks released on vinyl. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, TMNT II, Fall of the Foot Clan, Back from the Sewers, Radical Rescue, The Manhattan Project, Turtles in Time, Hyperstone Heist, Tournament Fighters. There will even be a cassette tape release. Pre-orders go live later this month.

The Switch is getting Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. It's in full HD, and will come with its expansions.

Two 90s cartoons are getting new video games. LRG promises more info to come.

El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron will be getting an HD remaster. Switch only.

Dungeons of Aether is coming to LRG. It'll feature characters from Rivals of Aether. Pre orders open July 14th.

Wayforward's cancelled Shantae GBA project is getting revived. Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution. You can shift the world around in order to solve puzzles. There's link cable support for extra features, too. It'll be released on GBA cartridge, with pre-orders opening this September.

Paint the world in Chicory: A Colorful Tale, headed to Switch, PS4, and PS5.

Odencat's Paradise Collection is available to pre-order now.

Someone is making a spiritual successor to the Zelda CDI games. Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore. While it's not coming to the CDI, it'll be on Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox, and Steam. Coming 2023.

Plumbers Don't Wear Ties: Definitive Edition is getting immortalized. September 2023 for all major platforms. It'll have commentary from the original devs.

This Way Madness Lies is a magical girl JRPG and will be out on July 25th digitally, but will be getting a physical release on Switch and PS5 soon.

Midnight Fight Express is a 3D beat em up. No release date, but will be headed to PS4 and Switch.

Colossal Cave is a first-person game from the founders of Sierra Entertainment.

A Super Mario RPG inspired game is next. Another Crusade. Fall 2023.

Punch Out meets Jane Austen is how this game is described. Comes from Wayforward. You attack by slapping the opponent. Rose and Camellia.

Disney's Gargoyles Remastered is coming Fall 2023.

Limited Run describes this next game as similar to Klonoa and Tomba. It's called Double Shake, and will be out next year.

This Japanese-only horror game is getting an official English localization. Clock Tower "Port+". Early 2024.

Modern Vintage Gamer is working on getting the retro Jurassic Park games remastered. It'll collect those older games together. Pre orders open September 1st.

Tomba! is also getting a remaster. It'll be running on the Carbon Engine, and will be on PS4/5, Switch, and Steam.

The final game is Gex. It's the whole trilogy, getting a remaster, for all major platforms.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow. Just so much great stuff coming down the pipeline!
So far my year hasn't been great, but what an amazing time to be alive as a gamer!

Reactions: nWo

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone is making a spiritual successor to the Zelda CDI games. Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore. While it's not coming to the CDI, it'll be on Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox, and Steam. Coming 2023.
That's pretty darn neat. It's going to have to kind of deviate from the original if it's actually going to be interesting to play though, isn't it?

A Super Mario RPG inspired game is next. Another Crusade. Fall 2023.
I thought that one was going to be stuck in Kickstarter heck forever. Of course everyone wants more SMRPG, but I can't be the only one thinking that it looks like an atrociously bland fantasy.

Punch Out meets Jane Austen is how this game is described. Comes from Wayforward. You attack by slapping the opponent. Rose and Camellia.
I remember the Flash version from years and years and years ago. (It wasn't entirely forgotten during the Will Smith thing, but I thought more people would have remembered it.)
https://flasharch.com/en/archive/play/861200ae4e772c06fc8789828f470114

Modern Vintage Gamer is working on getting the retro Jurassic Park games remastered. It'll collect those older games together. Pre orders open September 1st.
I didn't think anyone really much cared for those? (Also I personally find MVG to be downright grating.)

The final game is Gex. It's the whole trilogy, getting a remaster, for all major platforms.
It would be bold if they included the Game Boy games.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are so many of these not coming to xbox? Also why are ones that will come out on everything have a ps4 version but not a xbox one version? It's odd to me considering this is 3rd party and not 1st party.

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties Definitive is one of those games you get just to say you have them, which is exactly why I’m probably gonna snag a copy

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty darn neat. It's going to have to kind of deviate from the original if it's actually going to be interesting to play though, isn't it?

I thought that one was going to be stuck in Kickstarter heck forever. Of course everyone wants more SMRPG, but I can't be the only one thinking that it looks like an atrociously bland fantasy.

I remember the Flash version from years and years and years ago. (It wasn't entirely forgotten during the Will Smith thing, but I thought more people would have remembered it.)
https://flasharch.com/en/archive/play/861200ae4e772c06fc8789828f470114

I didn't think anyone really much cared for those? (Also I personally find MVG to be downright grating.)

It would be bold if they included the Game Boy games.

I think it's goal is to be generic. Art-style wise it is unique I'd say though. There are quite a few rpgs out that purposefully go back to basics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto