Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alex658 said:
Rubedo said:
Hm... Someone edited that to say that Wood R4 works but... Someone earlier in this thread said that they checked DBBDX, not JWTB. So... Whoever edited that to say that it works, were you playing DBBDX or JWTB? DBBDX definitely works with everything, what we need to know is compatibility with JWTB.

Ok since I have this card too I guess I'll give my opinion.

It does work wonderfully with WoodR4v1.18 (Should also work with 1.19 but there's nothing major on that update)
Could do all that was in the read me. got 50 songs in using BDXTool.

Something funny though, after I added all the songs and put the 32MB SAV file in my flashcard again, in the game it didn't say I added any songs via DLC.. :/
I have the songs in the game and they are fully playable. but they are not recognized as downloaded.. it says no downloaded songs. 50 slots left.
I only filled the first 50 slots with BDXtool..

I guess I filled the custom songs part?

Also, I incredibly SUCK at this game even though I love it.. ;-;
If I play in any mode other than beginner I lose. >>
And to be even more ironic I am a musician
ohnoes.png
;-;
Yet, I can't stop playing Thanks a bunch for collecting these Rubedo (Y) ^^

BDX Tool imports to Custom slots, not download slots, so it works normally then.
And come on, Beginner? Really? Play on Amateur at least...
And you're very welcome
smile.gif

Edit: Also, I changed some of the songs in the Game save file from the Wiki, at my friend's suggestion. So congrats to the 2 of you that downloaded the old one, you now have a rare item >_>

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Rubedo said:
Alex658 said:
Rubedo said:
Hm... Someone edited that to say that Wood R4 works but... Someone earlier in this thread said that they checked DBBDX, not JWTB. So... Whoever edited that to say that it works, were you playing DBBDX or JWTB? DBBDX definitely works with everything, what we need to know is compatibility with JWTB.

It does work wonderfully with WoodR4v1.18 (Should also work with 1.19 but there's nothing major on that update)

Something funny though, after I added all the songs and put the 32MB SAV file in my flashcard again, in the game it didn't say I added any songs via DLC.. :/
I have the songs in the game and they are fully playable. but they are not recognized as downloaded.. it says no downloaded songs. 50 slots left.

ohnoes.png
;-;

BDX Tool imports to Custom slots, not download slots, so it works normally then.
And you're very welcome
smile.gif

Edit: Also, I changed some of the songs in the Game save file from the Wiki, at my friend's suggestion. So congrats to the 2 of you that downloaded the old one, you now have a rare item >_>

I'm playing on amateur now. it's still hard though. but I can pull it through ^^
Also, that studio is a beast to use! ;_;

Wait- aren't those songs in the pack as well?
ohnoes.png

What happens if I try to add the remaining 50 (49) songs Rubedo? will the game not recognize them?
I made a song in the studio. and it still got counted/read by the game. so I have 101 playable songs (don't ask for it.. It is a really crappy song.. even a a musician the studio is hard to use.. ;-; )

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alex658 said:
Rubedo said:
Alex658 said:
Rubedo said:

ohnoes.png
;-;

And you're very welcome
smile.gif

I'm playing on amateur now. it's still hard though. but I can pull it through ^^
Also, that studio is a beast to use! ;_;

Wait- aren't those songs in the pack as well?
ohnoes.png

What happens if I try to add the remaining 50 (49) songs Rubedo? will the game not recognize them?
I made a song in the studio. and it still got counted/read by the game. so I have 101 playable songs (don't ask for it.. It is a really crappy song.. even a a musician the studio is hard to use.. ;-; )

Okay, this is basically how the song importing works.
In the Japanese version, Daigasso! Band Brothers DX, you can use BDX Tool to import to the 100 CUSTOM slots, which are also where that 1 you added goes. Using Degausser, you can also import to the 100 DOWNLOAD slots.

In the European version, Jam With the Band, however, some of the data locations were changed, and there's only 50 download slots, but still 100 custom slots. Now, the reason why you can only import to the first 50 custom slots is that the data location is different. In fact, you aren't actually importing to the first 50, you're importing to the LAST 50. So for example, Slot 1 of BDX Tool is = to Slot 51 of JWTB's custom slots, but because it doesn't leave empty spaces in-game, it displays as slot 1.

Now, I've never tried to make anything, so I can't say for sure, but my guess is that when you add a new song to the custom list via the editor, it saves in the first free slot, which is slot 1. Though it may display as slot 51, I don't know for sure.

Now the next issue is the Download slots. BDX Tool doesn't import to them by nature, but Degausser can, and you can indeed import 50 more songs by using Degausser to insert them into the Download slots. However, because Degausser by nature imports to the first free slot, and it goes in the order of Custom 100 > Download 100, you would need to put 50 filler songs in custom slots 51-100, in order to access download 1-50.

However because you're inserting data into the rom without anywhere proper to put it, this causes the song selection menu to lag severely, if you add songs into slots that "don't exist" in JWTB.

Any further questions?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
QUOTE said:
In the Japanese version, Daigasso! Band Brothers DX, you can use BDX Tool to import to the 100 CUSTOM slots, which are also where that 1 you added goes. Using Degausser, you can also import to the 100 DOWNLOAD slots.

In the European version, Jam With the Band, however, some of the data locations were changed, and there's only 50 download slots, but still 100 custom slots. Now, the reason why you can only import to the first 50 custom slots is that the data location is different. In fact, you aren't actually importing to the first 50, you're importing to the LAST 50. So for example, Slot 1 of BDX Tool is = to Slot 51 of JWTB's custom slots, but because it doesn't leave empty spaces in-game, it displays as slot 1.

Now, I've never tried to make anything, so I can't say for sure, but my guess is that when you add a new song to the custom list via the editor, it saves in the first free slot, which is slot 1. Though it may display as slot 51, I don't know for sure.

Now the next issue is the Download slots. BDX Tool doesn't import to them by nature, but Degausser can, and you can indeed import 50 more songs by using Degausser to insert them into the Download slots. However, because Degausser by nature imports to the first free slot, and it goes in the order of Custom 100 > Download 100, you would need to put 50 filler songs in custom slots 51-100, in order to access download 1-50.

However because you're inserting data into the rom without anywhere proper to put it, this causes the song selection menu to lag severely, if you add songs into slots that "don't exist" in JWTB.

Any further questions?

Thank you for replying so fast Rubedo
biggrin.gif

I get what you mean.. after all there's a lot of data that changes addresses from the (J) to the (E) one..
a 4x times bigger SAV and all those things.. :/

Then how about I try to do a glitch. if I can get through what I'm thinking there may be a way to ''complete'' the list. ^^

I'll create the other 49 custom songs via JWTB.. then I'll save and check the savefile with BDXtool. if they get recognized then it's just a matter of replacing the crappy user-created ones with more of the pack..

If I create them via the game it should organize them in the proper addresses without causing data ''corruption'' (that's what the lag might be)

I'll try it out and tell you how it goes.. ^^

EDIT: You're right Rubedo.. :/
BDXtool slot 1 = JWTB Slot 51..

I added the songs successfully in JWTB no lag whatsoever.. but NONE of them got recognized in BDX tool ;-;
And no hope Yasu makes a port to JWTB since it already has a (J) release which is DBBDX! ;-;
So if I added data in the remaining slots of JWTB i'd be putting ''dummy'' (filler) data that could/should not be recognized by the game ;-;

Oh well.. I had some hope. I'll just stick to these 50 for now and later on I'll switch to DBBDX ^^
It isn't Japanese heavy right?
ohnoes.png

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alex658 said:
QUOTE said:

Any further questions?

Thank you for replying so fast Rubedo
biggrin.gif

I get what you mean.. after all there's a lot of data that changes addresses from the (J) to the (E) one..
a 4x times bigger SAV and all those things.. :/

Then how about I try to do a glitch. if I can get through what I'm thinking there may be a way to ''complete'' the list. ^^

I'll create the other 49 custom songs via JWTB.. then I'll save and check the savefile with BDXtool. if they get recognized then it's just a matter of replacing the crappy user-created ones with more of the pack..

If I create them via the game it should organize them in the proper addresses without causing data ''corruption'' (that's what the lag might be)

I'll try it out and tell you how it goes.. ^^

EDIT: You're right Rubedo.. :/
BDXtool slot 1 = JWTB Slot 51..

I added the songs successfully in JWTB no lag whatsoever.. but NONE of them got recognized in BDX tool ;-;
And no hope Yasu makes a port to JWTB since it already has a (J) release which is DBBDX! ;-;
So if I added data in the remaining slots of JWTB i'd be putting ''dummy'' (filler) data that could/should not be recognized by the game ;-;

Oh well.. I had some hope. I'll just stick to these 50 for now and later on I'll switch to DBBDX ^^
It isn't Japanese heavy right?
ohnoes.png

Well all the menus and instrument names are in Japanese, but if you already know your way around the menus, it's no big deal, right? Plus if you hover over one of the instruments, it will play louder than the others, so you can tell which one it is even if you can't read it. Though I'd imagine it's impossible to use the editor if you can't read Japanese XD

Also, you know what you could try doing?
Try adding 50 songs to JWTB, either by BDX Tool or Degausser, then open it in Degausser and just repeatedly hit ctrl+I (shortcut for Insert) on any given song (as filler) until you reach custom slot 100, and then add 50 more of your liking in the download slots.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
QUOTE said:
Well all the menus and instrument names are in Japanese, but if you already know your way around the menus, it's no big deal, right? Plus if you hover over one of the instruments, it will play louder than the others, so you can tell which one it is even if you can't read it. Though I'd imagine it's impossible to use the editor if you can't read Japanese XD

Try adding 50 songs to JWTB, either by BDX Tool or Degausser, then open it in Degausser and just repeatedly hit ctrl+I (shortcut for Insert) on any given song (as filler) until you reach custom slot 100, and then add 50 more of your liking in the download slots.

Hahah Yeah xDD If I ever convert to Daigasso Band Brothers! DX I'll have to say byebye to the editors. ;-; xD

Ok let me see if I got this right:

1.I add ''dummy data'' to the save file I have BEFORE I created the songs. or after I created them? (I have an older backup in my HDD)
2. that dummy data would be the remaining non-readable slots in BDXtool for JWTB..
3. then after I have added them I split the SAV and then open it with Degausser..
4. add 50 more songs that should go in the Download 50 slots..
5. if I see lag in the song selection list should I delete the dummy data?
6. ?????
7. PROFIT?

I'll try it out and tell you how it goes.. sounds crazy but it's worth the shot ^^

EDIT: Shouldn't Degausser open a window where you can actually get the songs in the game? :/
It opens the sav file correctly (after splitting it)

It shows that it's true what You said Rubedo.. ;_;
The first 50 in BDXtool = 101-200 Custom slots the last 50 here are the ones that can't get read (so we can use 101-150 and it will be read by JWTB) the other 50 remain as ''dummy data''

Something strange though.. the song I created is in the Downloaded slot 51.. (green area) meaning that JWTB is messed up >>
slots 1-50 52-100 are empty.. So I SHOULD be able to get data there and it SHOULD be read.. now now I have to get Degausser to work correctly.. because I can't add any song to it..

CTRL + I doesn't do a thing.. only a * appears at the end of the file name..
Deactivated ONLY ADD SONGS TO CUSTOM SLOTS but it still doesn't do a thing.. ;_;
Halp?

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alex658 said:
QUOTE said:

Hahah Yeah xDD If I ever convert to Daigasso Band Brothers! DX I'll have to say byebye to the editors. ;-; xD

Ok let me see if I got this right:

1.I add ''dummy data'' to the save file I have BEFORE I created the songs. or after I created them? (I have an older backup in my HDD)
2. that dummy data would be the remaining non-readable slots in BDXtool for JWTB..
3. then after I have added them I split the SAV and then open it with Degausser..
4. add 50 more songs that should go in the Download 50 slots..
5. if I see lag in the song selection list should I delete the dummy data?
6. ?????
7. PROFIT?

I'll try it out and tell you how it goes.. sounds crazy but it's worth the shot ^^

EDIT: Shouldn't Degausser open a window where you can actually get the songs in the game? :/
It opens the sav file correctly (after splitting it)

It shows that it's true what You said Rubedo.. ;_;
The first 50 in BDXtool = 101-200 Custom slots the last 50 here are the ones that can't get read (so we can use 101-150 and it will be read by JWTB) the other 50 remain as ''dummy data''

Something strange though.. the song I created is in the Downloaded slot 51.. (green area) meaning that JWTB is messed up >>
slots 1-50 52-100 are empty.. So I SHOULD be able to get data there and it SHOULD be read.. now now I have to get Degausser to work correctly.. because I can't add any song to it..

CTRL + I doesn't do a thing.. only a * appears at the end of the file name..
Deactivated ONLY ADD SONGS TO CUSTOM SLOTS but it still doesn't do a thing.. ;_;
Halp?

Hmm... This all seems strange...
I was under the impression that only the first 50 of each type of slots work... Gah, this is so confusing...
I really don't understand it that well either, to be honest...
ctrl+I should work though, that's what I did when I added songs to those save files I uploaded...

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
QUOTE said:
I was under the impression that only the first 50 of each type of slots work... Gah, this is so confusing...
ctrl+I should work though, that's what I did when I added songs to those save files I uploaded...

GOT IT WORKING!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
^^

No, all the free slots from 1-150 work perfectly with no lag whatsoever! ^^
I added the songs.. I did not know I had to select the white colored songs/Files and THEN press CTRL+I xDD
I did it. and I confirm it working FLAWLESSLY in JWTB (WoodR4) ^^
This is great news..

Now now, do not occupy the last 151-200 slots since these are the ones that cause the lag.. as this were the songs that got removed with the localization.. EX: remember what you just said? DBBDX! had 100 DOWNLOAD slots while JWTB only has 50.. they appear in degausser as the last 50 in the custom area.. but they are really the ones that got removed.. so adding them would cause dummy data to be added and therefore causing glitches/lag.

Ok so to get this clear.

In Jam With the Band (E).. in the song selection screen appears x/200 (x = current song)
why 200 if I only added 150?
because JWTB already has 50 in it.. so 50 + 150 = 200 simple math ^^
No lag in the game and it plays perfectly ^^ (you only have so sacrifice 50 slots that were in the Jap version.. so you could have up to 250 in Daigasso! Band Brothers DX) I personally think that not having 50 more songs makes up for having a language you can ACTUALLY read
biggrin.gif
xD
tongue.gif

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alex658 said:
QUOTE said:

GOT IT WORKING!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
^^

No, all the free slots from 1-150 work perfectly with no lag whatsoever! ^^
I added the songs.. I did not know I had to select the white colored songs/Files and THEN press CTRL+I xDD
I did it. and I confirm it working FLAWLESSLY in JWTB (WoodR4) ^^
This is great news..

Now now, do not occupy the last 151-200 slots since these are the ones that cause the lag.. as this were the songs that got removed with the localization.. EX: remember what you just said? DBBDX! had 100 DOWNLOAD slots while JWTB only has 50.. they appear in degausser as the last 50 in the custom area.. but they are really the ones that got removed.. so adding them would cause dummy data to be added and therefore causing glitches/lag.

Ok so to get this clear.

In Jam With the Band (E).. in the song selection screen appears x/200 (x = current song)
why 200 if I only added 150?
because JWTB already has 50 in it.. so 50 + 150 = 200 simple math ^^
No lag in the game and it plays perfectly ^^ (you only have so sacrifice 50 slots that were in the Jap version.. so you could have up to 250 in Daigasso! Band Brothers DX) I personally think that not having 50 more songs makes up for having a language you can ACTUALLY read
biggrin.gif
xD
tongue.gif

Hmm... I will have to check this on my game...
If so, this could be good news. You still have to deal with the damn save chopping though XD

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
QUOTE said:
If so, this could be good news. You still have to deal with the damn save chopping though XD

The SAV chopping part is actually really easy.. :v
it's covered in the read me. ^^

1. DL Hjsplit.
2.Open the program
3. select the input button and then select the SAV file
4. where it says ''split file size'' type 8 in the square and then change the Kbytes to Mbytes
5. Press the ''Start'' button.
it should create 2 or 4 files with [Gamename].sav.001 [gamename].sav.002 and so on depending if you have a 16mb sav or a 32mb sav

when you select open SAV (CTRL+O) change .sav files to All files.
then you open the first file [gamename].sav.001 with degausser and start adding songs. after you're done:

1. open Hjsplit
2. press Join button
3. where it says input file you select the [gamename].sav.001
4. select the folder where the new sav will be joined together.
5. Press start and ta-da! ready to go ^^

Check it out and tell me how it goes please ^^

I'll say it once more to let it completely clear.

slot 1-50 are the download slots.. You can freely add any data/song here with no problems

slot 51-150 are the custom slots.. You can freely add any data/song here with no problems

slot 151-200 are non-existant slots that got removed when the game was localized. adding any data/song here will cause game glitches..

I played for like 3 hours yesterday.. and it did not froze nor lagged at all
biggrin.gif

Oh btw. I messed with the editor for a bit and edited a few songs.. I only added some data and changed the Volume/main instrument..
If anyone wants them here they are:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3rlc22la54e2bi7

there's like 8 songs there. but those are the ones I like the most ^^

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alex658 said:
QUOTE said:

The SAV chopping part is actually really easy.. :v
it's covered in the read me. ^^

1. DL Hjsplit.
2.Open the program
3. select the input button and then select the SAV file
4. where it says ''split file size'' type 8 in the square and then change the Kbytes to Mbytes
5. Press the ''Start'' button.
it should create 2 or 4 files with [Gamename].sav.001 [gamename].sav.002 and so on depending if you have a 16mb sav or a 32mb sav

when you select open SAV (CTRL+O) change .sav files to All files.
then you open the first file [gamename].sav.001 with degausser and start adding songs. after you're done:

1. open Hjsplit
2. press Join button
3. where it says input file you select the [gamename].sav.001
4. select the folder where the new sav will be joined together.
5. Press start and ta-da! ready to go ^^

Check it out and tell me how it goes please ^^

I'll say it once more to let it completely clear.

slot 1-50 are the download slots.. You can freely add any data/song here with no problems

slot 51-150 are the custom slots.. You can freely add any data/song here with no problems

slot 151-200 are non-existant slots that got removed when the game was localized. adding any data/song here will cause game glitches..

I played for like 3 hours yesterday.. and it did not froze nor lagged at all
biggrin.gif

Oh btw. I messed with the editor for a bit and edited a few songs.. I only added some data and changed the Volume/main instrument..
If anyone wants them here they are:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3rlc22la54e2bi7

there's like 8 songs there. but those are the ones I like the most ^^

My god, it actually works. I wonder why I couldn't get it to load more songs before...
Will be updating the Wiki with this information, thanks!

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
QUOTE said:
My god, it actually works. I wonder why I couldn't get it to load more songs before...
Will be updating the Wiki with this information, thanks!

Glad to be of help! ^^

The last 50 are the troublesome. and degausser doesn't make things any easier telling you they are CUSTOM slots when they don't really exist..

Yeah.. when I saw that you were right about the slots it was kind of common sense that it SHOULD have worked xDD

Anyway, I replied to your PM and I will do the songs as soon as you send them.
the studio is a BEAST. I'm learning how to use it correctly.. ^^
Break out! is fixed and will be included in the with the other songs I edit for you. so just to make it clear. you ONLY want me to Edit the VOLUME right?
biggrin.gif

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
digipokemaster said:
what is this so suppose to be

Daigasso! Band brothers DX (J) and Jam with the Band (E) are rhythm games.
the attractive of these are that YOU can play whatever songs YOU LIKE. you can pick them. in the retail carts you can download them via NintendoWFC or create them with the game's editor.

However if you use a flash cart. you can use certain programs to add songs to the game without connecting to the WFC.

The tools are BDXtool made by Yasu and Degausser made by NeoBeo..

The songs are kind of modified MIDI files.. but you can create some pretty beastly sequences if you know how to use the studio properly.

Here an example of what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny-nrQoOm8w

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm sorry Rubedo.. :/
after I added the songs to my sav file, my card reader decides to die on me.. ¬¬
I can't get it recognized by the computer.. however I'll try to get the game working on an emu and try to edit the files from there..

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alex658 said:
I'm sorry Rubedo.. :/
after I added the songs to my sav file, my card reader decides to die on me.. ¬¬
I can't get it recognized by the computer.. however I'll try to get the game working on an emu and try to edit the files from there..

That sucks. Well, it's not like it NEEDS to be done right now anyway. It can always be fixed in a future update.
But if you can get it working in an emulator, that's even better, because then I could add that to the compatibility list XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol