XP
Country
United States
DarkraiHunter said:
uh what exactly is this?
a game ?
if yes, then a game about what ?
unsure.gif

The BDX Mega Pack is essentially a song pack for use in Jam With the Band (E) and Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (J).
Here's a random gameplay video:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/945811-jam-with...s/ext_video-675
^ In that video, you can see all 8 instruments being played. Naturally you can only play one at a time >_>

A

auroreon

Still trying to get custom songs to work on the M3, here's what I've got so far for the compatibility list...

Flashcart: M3 DS Real and M3i Zero

Firmware: Touchpod 4.8f/Sakura 1.49
Creates 16MB sav. Plays fine. Imported songs show up in the catalogue, title is correct but the song is ABC. For some reason it says I only have 12 download slots left, even though I only imported 2 songs into the custom song slots. Same result importing with BDXTool and Degausser (using HJSplit).

Firmware: R4i v2.7e
Same result as Touchpod 4.8f/Sakura 1.49.

Firmware: WoodM3 1.15
Creates 32MB sav. Game freezes instantly after booting, sometimes with just 2 black screens other times it will get to the white Nintendo logo before freezing.

Firmware: YSM3 6.40
Creates 8MB sav. Game freezes instantly after booting, just 2 black screens.

So yea... I've just about given up. Gonna buy a new flashcart when someone releases a really good 3rd gen card.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
auroreon said:
Still trying to get custom songs to work on the M3, here's what I've got so far for the compatibility list...

Flashcart: M3 DS Real and M3i Zero

Firmware: Touchpod 4.8f/Sakura 1.49
Creates 16MB sav. Plays fine. Imported songs show up in the catalogue, title is correct but the song is ABC. For some reason it says I only have 12 download slots left, even though I only imported 2 songs into the custom song slots. Same result importing with BDXTool and Degausser (using HJSplit).

Firmware: R4i v2.7e
Same result as Touchpod 4.8f/Sakura 1.49.

Firmware: WoodM3 1.15
Creates 32MB sav. Game freezes instantly after booting, sometimes with just 2 black screens other times it will get to the white Nintendo logo before freezing.

Firmware: YSM3 6.40
Creates 8MB sav. Game freezes instantly after booting, just 2 black screens.

So yea... I've just about given up. Gonna buy a new flashcart when someone releases a really good 3rd gen card.

Alright. I'll make note of those.
Also uh, I've got a question myself for anyone that can help me figure it out >_>
Am I crazy or does Degausser not let you import all 200 slots for JWTB? Cause I'm almost sure this one save of mine SHOULD have 200 songs... but it doesn't...
And if that's the case, wouldn't adding songs to JWTB through Degausser be a problem? For example, if Degausser decides to not detect the latter 50 slots in the Download Songs category, would you have to basically fill the slots with filler files? I'm so confused...

A

auroreon

Rubedo said:
Also uh, I've got a question myself for anyone that can help me figure it out >_>
Am I crazy or does Degausser not let you import all 200 slots for JWTB? Cause I'm almost sure this one save of mine SHOULD have 200 songs... but it doesn't...
And if that's the case, wouldn't adding songs to JWTB through Degausser be a problem? For example, if Degausser decides to not detect the latter 50 slots in the Download Songs category, would you have to basically fill the slots with filler files? I'm so confused...

Thats exactly what I was getting with Degausser. Although I can't actually play the songs (because they are all ABC...) they do show up in the catalogue, but only the last 50 download slots showed up.
I figure its because of the 50 download song limit in JWTB instead of the 100 limit in BBDX, I guess JWTB will only recognize 50 of the download slots.

The wiki looks great btw.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
auroreon said:
Rubedo said:

Thats exactly what I was getting with Degausser. Although I can't actually play the songs (because they are all ABC...) they do show up in the catalogue, but only the last 50 download slots showed up.
I figure its because of the 50 download song limit in JWTB instead of the 100 limit in BBDX, I guess JWTB will only recognize 50 of the download slots.

The wiki looks great btw.

Gaah, this is such a problem. So... Are you sure its the FIRST 50 download slots that don't show up, and not the last 50? If that's the case... I could maybe make a save specifically made to be used with Degausser and fill the first 50 slots with a random song titled "Filler" or something, and users would just add their own songs after that...

Gah, this wouldn't be an issue if Yasu's site were up and people could download BDX Tool... This is throwing a giant wrench in my plans. I mean, not everyone is going to be willing to go through all the trouble to chop up their save file to use with Degausser... I definitely plan to make a bunch of saves with a bunch of songs pre-loaded into them, but the pack still needs to be able to function properly and without BDX Tool it can't...

And thanks for the wiki compliment XD

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know JWTB reads the first 50 "Extra Songs" from Degausser and not the last 50. I added 100 songs and was only able to access the first 50 of them. I never got around to testing the "Download Songs," but it shouldn't be that hard to do.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SylvWolf said:
I know JWTB reads the first 50 "Extra Songs" from Degausser and not the last 50. I added 100 songs and was only able to access the first 50 of them. I never got around to testing the "Download Songs," but it shouldn't be that hard to do.

Eh? You mean the Created/Traded Songs set is the one that doesn't work?
Gaah, now I'm getting mixed reports. I'll have to test it myself but I'm kind of busy at the moment >_

A

auroreon

I was talking about the download song slots.
When I added songs to the download slots, any that I put in the first 50 slots didn't show up. Although my experiences might differ from others because my card doesn't create the right size save, also in-game it tells me that I have a number of downloads left that doesn't add up...

Can't you download BDXTool? I can upload it somewhere if people need it.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
auroreon said:
When I added songs to the download slots, any that I put in the first 50 slots didn't show up. Although my experiences might differ from others because my card doesn't create the right size save, also in-game it tells me that I have a number of downloads left that doesn't add up...

It doesn't work like that. You need to get the Key file from Yasu's site, or BDX Tool won't open. But since his site is down (last I checked anyway), it's impossible to get the key...

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm working on a JWTB Wi-Fi DLC list, if anyone could add a few to lighten my workload, that'd be great. So far I'm using these as sources:
http://banbrodx.half-moon.org/410.html
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=124480
MAKE SURE TO KEEP THE SAME FORMAT THAT I'VE BEEN USING, AND TO KEEP THEM ORDERED IN THE SAME ORDER THEY'RE IN IN THE FIRST LINK UP THERE

http://jwtb.wikia.com/wiki/Jam_With_the_Ba...i_Download_List

Basically, that Japanese site's list is never updated anymore, has a bunch of data missing and has some listed as duplicates that aren't actually duplicates, so I'm pretty much starting from scratch using whatever data they've compiled and then filling in the blanks when I reach the end of their's, and updating the list regularly.

A

auroreon

Rubedo said:
auroreon said:

It doesn't work like that. You need to get the Key file from Yasu's site, or BDX Tool won't open. But since his site is down (last I checked anyway), it's impossible to get the key...

Can't I just give you the key I have for it? Or is the key file specific for each individual download.

I'll look through the Wi-fi list in a bit and fill in anything I find that's missing.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
auroreon said:
Rubedo said:
auroreon said:

Can't I just give you the key I have for it? Or is the key file specific for each individual download.

I'll look through the Wi-fi list in a bit and fill in anything I find that's missing.

It doesn't work like that, I already tried. I sent my BDX Tool and key for it to a friend and it wouldn't let him open it. It must be tied to your registry.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
scorleo said:
hi can i contribute to the BDX mega pack? if its possible how can i add my files to the pack?

Post them here or PM me them and I'll add them with the next update.
If it's an Anime song, make sure you include what Anime it's from, if it's a Game song, make sure you include what game it's from and if it's anything else, make sure you include the artist's name.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Rubedo said:
auroreon said:
Rubedo said:
auroreon said:

It doesn't work like that, I already tried. I sent my BDX Tool and key for it to a friend and it wouldn't let him open it. It must be tied to your registry.
Just use BDX Degausser. I have no idea where I got it from.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Rubedo said:
auroreon said:
Rubedo said:
auroreon said:

Just use BDX Degausser. I have no idea where I got it from.

Of course that's an option, but Degausser has a number of problems with JWTB. Most notably that it doesn't recognize all of the songs you add to it, and that you have to chop up your save file just to load it into Degausser.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mario92 said:
BTW is there way to convert anime song lyrics that JWTB can show them correctly?
unsure.gif

The only way is to write them in romaji manually. JWTB doesn't support Japanese characters so they just turn into a garbled mess. You can still sing or even hum the song in the Karaoke mode just fine though. It doesn't pick up whether or not you're singing the right words, you just have to get the pitch right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1