Gaming BDX Mega Pack 1.4 Released!

D

Deleted-236924

My own report:

The songs I put in the first 50 slots of the Downloaded songs slots appear in the Downloaded songs as normal.
The songs I put in the last 50 slots of the Downloaded songs slots appear in the Custom songs section in-game.
The whole Custom songs section on Degausser seems to be incompatible with JWTB (E) at the moment.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
My own report:

The songs I put in the first 50 slots of the Downloaded songs slots appear in the Downloaded songs as normal.
The songs I put in the last 50 slots of the Downloaded songs slots appear in the Custom songs section in-game.
The whole Custom songs section on Degausser seems to be incompatible with JWTB (E) at the moment.

Interesting... So as long as I add instructions to not add anything to the Custom slots, then anyone can use it.
But still... There's that whole having to chop your save up problem...
It seems that Yasu's site is completely gone now too.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Rubedo said:
Pingouin7 said:
My own report:

Interesting... So as long as I add instructions to not add anything to the Custom slots, then anyone can use it.
How exactly would you chop up your save file?

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Rubedo said:
Pingouin7 said:
My own report:

How exactly would you chop up your save file?

I believe it's written in the Getting Started file.
You need to download a program to split the file (it can split any file) into 8MB segments, since Degausser only accepts 8MB saves and load the first part of the file into Degausser (which is where most of the song data is stored, thankfully) and add the songs you want, then save the save file and re-combine the file parts using the same program.

It's an annoying process but it seems to be the only option for people using JWTB at the moment.

Edit: Added up to #50 on the JWTB Wi-Fi List

scorleo

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Rubedo said:
scorleo said:
hi can i contribute to the BDX mega pack? if its possible how can i add my files to the pack?

Post them here or PM me them and I'll add them with the next update.
If it's an Anime song, make sure you include what Anime it's from, if it's a Game song, make sure you include what game it's from and if it's anything else, make sure you include the artist's name.

oh okay. then do you do editing? cause i'm not quite sure how to add lyrics. i made one BDX file for doubt and trust, from the anime DGrayman (OP3). wondering if you, or anyone else could help me touch it up a little. I only have the melody and bass part. not sure whether its sufficient. Though i'm quite sure most of us can't play the song(way too fast), but i think its cool to have (: I'll send you the file soon. Let me know if you're touching up and editing the BDX files (:

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
scorleo said:
Rubedo said:
scorleo said:
hi can i contribute to the BDX mega pack? if its possible how can i add my files to the pack?

Post them here or PM me them and I'll add them with the next update.
If it's an Anime song, make sure you include what Anime it's from, if it's a Game song, make sure you include what game it's from and if it's anything else, make sure you include the artist's name.

oh okay. then do you do editing? cause i'm not quite sure how to add lyrics. i made one BDX file for doubt and trust, from the anime DGrayman (OP3). wondering if you, or anyone else could help me touch it up a little. I only have the melody and bass part. not sure whether its sufficient. Though i'm quite sure most of us can't play the song(way too fast), but i think its cool to have (: I'll send you the file soon. Let me know if you're touching up and editing the BDX files (:

1230998515242.jpg

Edit: Also, I listened to Doubt & Trust on Youtube. That sounds easy as hell to play.

D

Deleted-236924

What's the problem with splitting up the save file?
Takes a mere 5 seconds to do.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
What's the problem with splitting up the save file?
Takes a mere 5 seconds to do.

True. It's not that big of a deal, not even to me. But we cannot ignore that some people may be far too lazy to do that, especially if this would be their first time playing the game. I doubt they'd want to jump through hoops to get songs on their save.

A

auroreon

Where are you updating the Wi-Fi list from?
There doesn't seem to be any option in JWTB to view a list of all songs, I'm just given Top 100 Rated Songs, Newest 100 Songs, Top Weekly Downloads and the ability to search.
There is the list on the Japanese site but I think its outdated.
Also how do I check the song length of Wi-Fi songs? I'd love to help update the list.

Every time I look at the BDX Mega Pack or the Wi-Fi download list it really infuriates me that JWTB has such a tiny limit. I wish there was a way to remove the song limit altogether, extend the save file and alter the ROM so that it can read any size save file.
I'm sure its technically possible, but even if there was someone skilled enough to perform such a task they wouldn't waste their time with a game that hardly anyone plays...
frown.gif

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
auroreon said:
Where are you updating the Wi-Fi list from?
There doesn't seem to be any option in JWTB to view a list of all songs, I'm just given Top 100 Rated Songs, Newest 100 Songs, Top Weekly Downloads and the ability to search.
There is the list on the Japanese site but I think its outdated.
Also how do I check the song length of Wi-Fi songs? I'd love to help update the list.

Every time I look at the BDX Mega Pack or the Wi-Fi download list it really infuriates me that JWTB has such a tiny limit. I wish there was a way to remove the song limit altogether, extend the save file and alter the ROM so that it can read any size save file.
I'm sure its technically possible, but even if there was someone skilled enough to perform such a task they wouldn't waste their time with a game that hardly anyone plays...
frown.gif

I'm getting my data from this page:
http://banbrodx.half-moon.org/410.html
And artist names from this page:
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=124480

To check the song length and number of parts, select to preview the song. It'll say on the top screen of the preview page. Of course, the page above says all that info anyway, up until the last 15 or so songs, which I've already got most of the data for. If the number of parts is red colored on that page, it means that it has No Lyrics, and if something is highlighted in blue, that means it's a duplicate, however I think most (if not all) of those listed as duplicates are a mistake, so before adding something that says it's a duplicate, check on Wi-Fi by searching for the song name and see how many results come up.

Also, the default option (and topmost search option) lists all of the songs if you scroll through the pages.

Also no, it's not possible to expand the song limit. Well, at least in the case of actual DLC because Nintendo tracks a game's ID and they'll know if your game downloaded the max number of songs. That's why Wi-Fi doesn't work on flash carts. This also means that SOMEONE out there has 50 JWTB songs on their flash cart. Well, possibly a collection of someones, but I'm sure none of them realize what precious treasure they have >_>

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well guys, I've got some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that I've mostly completed my secret project. Yes, I had a secret project going on... I just didn't tell you... Because it's a secret... Until now! >_>
I've taken almost all (aside from the ones I couldn't figure out) of the songs from the Nintendo 200 folder (which, if you remember, are the default download songs that were available with DBBDX launched in Japan) and added artist names, just like I did to the J-Pop folder! There's only 3 or 4 I couldn't figure out. I also went and fixed a few song names I messed up from that folder.

The bad news is... I don't think Degausser is going to work very well...
See, as far as I can tell, Degausser imports to the first 50 of Download and first 50 of Custom, but in order to access the download slots, you have to add 100 songs into custom. This means that you'd essentially have to import a bunch of filler just to get to the second half of what you want... and that's tedious... Also, as far as I can tell, if you add more than 50 songs using Degausser, the song list lags really bad when you shuffle through the songs.

So what I'm going to do, when I make a Degausser page on the wiki, is explain how to get around filler songs issue, but also advise against it due to the lag. If only Yasu's site were up this wouldn't be a problem...

D

Deleted-236924

Rubedo said:
Also no, it's not possible to expand the song limit. Well, at least in the case of actual DLC because Nintendo tracks a game's ID and they'll know if your game downloaded the max number of songs. That's why Wi-Fi doesn't work on flash carts. This also means that SOMEONE out there has 50 JWTB songs on their flash cart. Well, possibly a collection of someones, but I'm sure none of them realize what precious treasure they have >_>
That's not how it works.
They check to see if two people have the same ROM ID, but different save file ID.
If two people have the same ROM ID, it means at least one of them is using a dumped scene release.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Rubedo said:
That's not how it works.
They check to see if two people have the same ROM ID, but different save file ID.
If two people have the same ROM ID, it means at least one of them is using a dumped scene release.

Ooh, I see.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hm... Someone edited that to say that Wood R4 works but... Someone earlier in this thread said that they checked DBBDX, not JWTB. So... Whoever edited that to say that it works, were you playing DBBDX or JWTB? DBBDX definitely works with everything, what we need to know is compatibility with JWTB.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Rubedo said:
Hm... Someone edited that to say that Wood R4 works but... Someone earlier in this thread said that they checked DBBDX, not JWTB. So... Whoever edited that to say that it works, were you playing DBBDX or JWTB? DBBDX definitely works with everything, what we need to know is compatibility with JWTB.

Ok since I have this card too I guess I'll give my opinion.

It does work wonderfully with WoodR4v1.18 (Should also work with 1.19 but there's nothing major on that update)
Could do all that was in the read me. got 50 songs in using BDXTool.

Something funny though, after I added all the songs and put the 32MB SAV file in my flashcard again, in the game it didn't say I added any songs via DLC.. :/
I have the songs in the game and they are fully playable. but they are not recognized as downloaded.. it says no downloaded songs. 50 slots left.
I only filled the first 50 slots with BDXtool..

I guess I filled the custom songs part?

Also, I incredibly SUCK at this game even though I love it.. ;-;
If I play in any mode other than beginner I lose. >>
And to be even more ironic I am a musician
ohnoes.png
;-;
Yet, I can't stop playing Thanks a bunch for collecting these Rubedo (Y) ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol