Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Rubedo said:
Alex658 said:
I'm sorry Rubedo.. :/
after I added the songs to my sav file, my card reader decides to die on me.. ¬¬
I can't get it recognized by the computer.. however I'll try to get the game working on an emu and try to edit the files from there..

That sucks. Well, it's not like it NEEDS to be done right now anyway. It can always be fixed in a future update.
But if you can get it working in an emulator, that's even better, because then I could add that to the compatibility list XD

I WANTED to do it now xDD
Ok. dad said he'll buy another card reader when he get's the chance.. ;-;

Add this.. >> ;-;

Tried to play JWTB on the following emulators:

IDeaS= PASS the game could be played until it had to save.. then FAIL >> .sav error. Ideas can't create the 32mb save..
DesMuMe= FAIL. DWSOD
No$GBA = MEGA FAIL. BSOD, boot with GBA Bios: MEGA FAIL too. BSOD.
I'm looking to see if there's any fix for the emulators right now.. no luck.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alex658 said:
Rubedo said:
Alex658 said:
I'm sorry Rubedo.. :/
after I added the songs to my sav file, my card reader decides to die on me.. ¬¬
I can't get it recognized by the computer.. however I'll try to get the game working on an emu and try to edit the files from there..

That sucks. Well, it's not like it NEEDS to be done right now anyway. It can always be fixed in a future update.
But if you can get it working in an emulator, that's even better, because then I could add that to the compatibility list XD

I WANTED to do it now xDD
Ok. dad said he'll buy another card reader when he get's the chance.. ;-;

Add this.. >> ;-;

Tried to play JWTB on the following emulators:

IDeaS= PASS the game could be played until it had to save.. then FAIL >> .sav error. Ideas can't create the 32mb save..
DesMuMe= FAIL. DWSOD
No$GBA = MEGA FAIL. BSOD, boot with GBA Bios: MEGA FAIL too. BSOD.
I'm looking to see if there's any fix for the emulators right now.. no luck.

Did you try adding your own save file to IDeaS and seeing if it would load?
Also, you add them to the compatibility list. I don't really understand what all that means >_>

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
QUOTE said:
Also, you add them to the compatibility list. I don't really understand what all that means >_>

It would be of no use.
Even if the emu is able to READ it. it will not be able to OVERWRITE it ;-; :/
when it has to save it would give an error telling you to shut down the DS (emu)

DWSOD= Double White Screen of Death. in other words Blank screen/does not start at all
BSOD= Black Screen of Death. Black screen. game does not start at all/locks

I will..

btw I got it the sd working. thanks god my crappy cellphone can read up to 2GB sd's
biggrin.gif

I will edit the songs you sent in that file in the meantime. while I wait for the new folder you're creating. ^^

I will send the Fixed Break out! with the other songs once I finish them ^^

EDIT: Here goes Rubedo. here's the empty 32Mb SAV file you asked for.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9jezwhadfl633hd

I will ask this one more time. Rubedo do you only want me to change the volume of the songs you sent?
nothing else?

EDIT#2: I finished the songs! xDD
I think this is what you requested right?
I changed the main instrument in Joint since it sounded strange.. from synthesizer to O. Guitar and amped up the volume in all of the songs..

http://www.mediafire.com/?9cl2fopsexijpcb

biggrin.gif
tell me if you like them!

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alex658 said:
QUOTE said:

It would be of no use.
Even if the emu is able to READ it. it will not be able to OVERWRITE it ;-; :/
when it has to save it would give an error telling you to shut down the DS (emu)

DWSOD= Double White Screen of Death. in other words Blank screen/does not start at all
BSOD= Black Screen of Death. Black screen. game does not start at all/locks

I will..

btw I got it the sd working. thanks god my crappy cellphone can read up to 2GB sd's
biggrin.gif

I will edit the songs you sent in that file in the meantime. while I wait for the new folder you're creating. ^^

I will send the Fixed Break out! with the other songs once I finish them ^^

EDIT: Here goes Rubedo. here's the empty 32Mb SAV file you asked for.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9jezwhadfl633hd

I will ask this one more time. Rubedo do you only want me to change the volume of the songs you sent?
nothing else?

EDIT#2: I finished the songs! xDD
I think this is what you requested right?
I changed the main instrument in Joint since it sounded strange.. from synthesizer to O. Guitar and amped up the volume in all of the songs..

http://www.mediafire.com/?9cl2fopsexijpcb

biggrin.gif
tell me if you like them!

I'll check them in the morning, I'm dead tired XD
Though I'm not very fond of things like guitars as melody instruments, but I'll see how it sounds.
Thanks again!

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I went over those ones you sent me but uh... Just upping all of the volumes to 99 isn't really fixing the volume... I mean I could do that... you need to balance it... Joint's vocals sound totally drowned out... and changing the lead instrument to the OD guitar was kind of dumb since it blends in with the rest of the song and doesn't stand out like it should... I changed it to Violin but it's still very quiet...

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quick reminder: I would like anyone that is enjoying the pack to look through the packs in the Other Packs folder and see if there's anything they know, tag it and send it to me.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I smell a scandal~~~
While working on the JWTB Wi-Fi Download List page on the wiki, I came across something interesting on the Japanese wiki and Wi-Fi itself.

There are a number of songs that are listed on the Japanese wiki as having multiple versions on Wi-Fi, but I first noticed something odd when I went to download "Only Wanna Be With You" the first day I got the game. The Japanese wiki says it has two versions, but there is only one actually on Wi-Fi. For a while, I figured this was just a mistake on the editor's part.

However, as I was checking to see if any of these other songs that supposedly had multiple versions were just mis-edits, I came across a few strange things... First of all, the only songs that actually have multiple versions are "Being Boiled", "The First Day of My Life" and "Father and Son". But while one of the "Father and Son" files was made by GB Music (which is basically Nintendo employee's account for uploading after the initial bulk DLC (which are labeled Nintendo), AFAIK) and the other by someone named tpk, the other two songs have EXACTLY the same file uploaded twice, by GB Music.

So this brings us two questions.
1. Why are there two of the same exact file for two songs?
2. Where did all these other supposed multiple versions go?

Well, let's answer the 2nd one first.
Allow me to take one of the supposed multiple songs that actually only has 1 file uploaded, and compare the data that was initially posted on the Japanese wiki.

According to the Japanese wiki, "Ladies Night" was uploaded by @mworx on June 18th 2010. Since at the time the Japanese Wiki was updating regularly, there should be no reason for this date to be in error.
However, that file is gone. In fact, there are no songs uploaded by @mworx anywhere on Wi-Fi (even though there should be several of them, according to the Japanese Wiki, but let's put that aside for a moment).
However, there is a version of "Ladies Night" uploaded by GB Music on August 1st 2010. This date also happens to be the date when 22 other songs also appeared on Wi-Fi, all songs that apparently were a second version of a song, all uploaded by GB Music.

And of course, all songs by @mworx and a few other users are completely gone. In fact, you would be very hard pressed to find more than 2 or 3 songs on all of Wi-Fi (excluding classical music, game songs (as they are all Nindori) and the initial Nintendo named DLC) that were not made by GB Music.

Let's move to the first question for a moment. Why would there be two of the exact same file uploaded by the exact same account? I believe you must have figured it out by now.

Because "GB Music" has deleted almost every user-made song and replaced them with an identical copy with their name on it, and two songs, "Being Boiled" and "The First Day of My Life" must have been overlooked and somehow we have a newly uploaded copy and a re-named original copy. Oh, and having just checked the wiki, there were actually THREE versions of "The First Day of My Life", but now there's only two.

Why would they do this? I have no idea, but something very strange is clearly going on...

A

auroreon

Wooooah!
That sounds very suspicious...
Is there anyway to find out if "Being Boiled" originally had 3 versions like "The First Day of My Life" did?
It it did then it would explain why those 2 still have 2 versions.
I wonder what the authors of the songs, like @mworx, think about all this... perhaps we can get in touch with them?

I doubt Nintendo would tell us anything if we contacted them, worth a shot though?

EDIT: Also, August 1st is only a few days after they brought the download service back online on July 26th, there was a period before then when attempting to download a song just gave a Error Code 31105 message.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
auroreon said:
Wooooah!
That sounds very suspicious...
Is there anyway to find out if "Being Boiled" originally had 3 versions like "The First Day of My Life" did?
It it did then it would explain why those 2 still have 2 versions.
I wonder what the authors of the songs, like @mworx, think about all this... perhaps we can get in touch with them?

I doubt Nintendo would tell us anything if we contacted them, worth a shot though?

According to the wiki, Being Boiled was uploaded twice at roughly the same time by GB Music, but that was written before it was updated daily so it's possible that it was originally uploaded by someone else.

I doubt anything would be done about it, though.

A

auroreon

Just had a thought...
In relation to the edit in my post, it might be that Nintendo had a problem with their servers for JWTB causing all of the songs on there to be corrupted or removed, thus Nintendo re-uploaded them.

Although that still doesn't explain why they wouldn't include the original authors names when they re-uploaded the songs, unless they lost that information.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
auroreon said:
Just had a thought...
In relation to the edit in my post, it might be that Nintendo had a problem with their servers for JWTB causing all of the songs on there to be corrupted or removed, thus Nintendo re-uploaded them.

Although that still doesn't explain why they wouldn't include the original authors names when they re-uploaded the songs, unless they lost that information.

Oh that's actually an interesting theory... I had totally forgot about that.
But yeah, definitely doesn't explain the changing of usernames.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I sent a message to NoE regarding the situation. I also threatened that if I get an automated or generic reply that I will bring it to the attention of the gaming media, so hopefully I will get a real response
smile.gif

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmph.
I sent an E-Mail to one of the prominent Japanese bdx file creators, asking him if he could possibly tell me other sources to get bdx files. He told me to stop distributing bdx files without the creator's permission.

Pfft, as if I'd do that. Not only do I do this for everyone else, because it'd be impossible for you guys to get them otherwise, but they seem to be forgetting one of the biggest rules of the internet. If you yourself make something available online, then it's anyone's fair game to download it. It's not like they're personal files that they emailed to people, they're files that were often uploaded on a website with the password in the freaking file description.

It's like people who upload Mugen characters to the internet and then complain that you're "stealing" their characters (not that I play Mugen). If you make it available to download on a public website, then you have no right to complain about someone using it.

But again, I'm not doing this for myself, I'm doing it for everyone else. 99% of you wouldn't even know about this game without me, and the remaining 1% would barely have any songs to play.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uploaded some 150 song JWTB saves to the wiki. You can even find song lists next to the download links.
In just a few days, I'll have a new version of the pack for you guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc