Hardware Ask Nintendo to sharpen NES VC!!!

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The worst of this is Nintendo forcing you into using their shitty filters because that`s how they feel it should be played.
Even PSP games running on a PSVita have more space for custom display and button settings.

Sometimes it seems Nintendo is a company who just want to do what they like instead of the consumer wish:
- This
- Limited demo usage
- No achievements
- No account system
- Region Lock

I could say a lot about how they were stubborn in the past with the censorship,
using unnapropriate media for their consoles, and many other stuff but honestly I don't think it will help at all,
all it would end is me been called a hater or something like that since this site is extremely Nintendo centric.
What I do now is boycott them, I won't buy their consoles until they start doing things the way the market demands.

Reactions: veelk

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I would hate achievements in any Nintendo games aside from the rewards for completing the game and limited demo usage makes 100% sense to me, but the other points seem valid.

veelk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all it would end is me been called a hater or something like that

Well, I'm almost Nintendo centric, but you are so right on the limited demo usage (c'mon, it's just a little piece of a game!! and sometimes has unique content!! when has there ever been this limit anywhere else that was successful?)

With the Region lock too, that is really dumb for us, but it makes sense for devs. Imagine you trying to release a game in USA and hoping it to sell, only to find that most people already have the European version, which was published by different people in Europe? Often, games can't come out worldwide at the same exact time, which makes imports a problem for companies. Impatient people flood the planet too. But yeah, if a game is Japanese exclusive or Euro exclusive, that's really dumb for region lock.

No account system? They do have an account system, which you can call Nintendo about if you report your console lost and they can let your new console access that! But yeah, I guess they didnt have an account system before, you probably meant that instead.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The worst of this is Nintendo forcing you into using their shitty filters because that`s how they feel it should be played.
Even PSP games running on a PSVita have more space for custom display and button settings.

Sometimes it seems Nintendo is a company who just want to do what they like instead of the consumer wish:
- This
- Limited demo usage
- No achievements
- No account system
- Region Lock

using unnapropriate media for their consoles, and many other stuff but honestly I don't think it will help at all,
all it would end is me been called a hater or something like that since this site is extremely Nintendo centric.
What I do now is boycott them, I won't buy their consoles until they start doing things the way the market demands.
Overall, I agree. It does seem like Nintendo has a very specific view on how their products should be experienced and won't tolerate deviation. Though, I don't know if anyone asking for achievements, so I'm fine with that never existing.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think they can't even see this things as a problem, since their approach to everything nowadays is to dumb down the experience.
They don't want to put too many options cause it could "confuse" the lil kids ...they then prefer to remove most options and make a single batch of options that every kind of person will need to use.
...I don't like that approach at all myself... they need to stop being afraid of complexity ...let it be complex! ...just have the dumbed down options with it, so the lil kids can use it.

veelk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they can't even see this things as a problem, since their approach to everything nowadays is to dumb down the experience.
They don't want to put too many options cause it could "confuse" the lil kids ...they then prefer to remove most options and make a single batch of options that every kind of person will need to use.
...I don't like that approach at all myself... they need to stop being afraid of complexity ...let it be complex! ...just have the dumbed down options with it, so the lil kids can use it.

This is very true, but to be honest, they ALREADY make complex things.
What about that Wii U gamepad not being compatible with Wii mode, the controllers for the Wii U not being compatible with the Wii mode, and some games on the Wii U not compatible with some normal Wii classic controllers, and the fact that some games need nunchuk too.
All of this stuff was confusing and complex for me to understand, and I don't think i'm a little dumb kid. I was like "Wait, what about the wiimotes, do I need a specific Wii Umote now?"
This kinda thing raised a LOT of questions for me that I could only answer by BUYING ALL of the compatible controllers (I need them anyway, for the games they're for). With this complexity, they have no excuse for not adding options.

Reactions: VMM and TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
What about that Wii U gamepad not being compatible with Wii mode, the controllers for the Wii U not being compatible with the Wii mode, and some games on the Wii U not compatible with some normal Wii classic controllers, and the fact that some games need nunchuk too.
All of this stuff was confusing and complex for me to understand, and I don't think i'm a little dumb kid. I was like "Wait, what about the wiimotes, do I need a specific Wii Umote now?"
This kinda thing raised a LOT of questions for me that I could only answer by BUYING ALL of the compatible controllers (I need them anyway, for the games they're for). With this complexity, they have no excuse for not adding options.

I think that's more of convolution caused by simplistic and lazy design, rather than complexity.

That is, they were too lazy/simplistic to make it so you could access Wii software from the Wii U menu, or use Wii U controllers with original Wii games, so it ended up being a convoluted mess.

veelk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's more of convolution caused by simplistic and lazy design, rather than complexity.

That is, they were too lazy/simplistic to make it so you could access Wii software from the Wii U menu, or use Wii U controllers with original Wii games, so it ended up being a convoluted mess.

Even more true. It is the simplicity that led to convolution. :wacko::shit:

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Indeed.
But that's more about untied knots and confusion caused by unclear software-hardware communications. That's something to be solved, and actually, something that Nintendo can or will do at some point in time (user friendly systems and polished experience is something that Nintendo tends to focus at least..)

The complexity that's missing (not to be mistaken by "confusion"), is the more in-depth options.

Also maybe, the level of option's depth that are missing nowadays on Nintendo's software seems to be out cause they probably also think that this kind of options are not made for the end user to be tinkering ....that they are meant for the developers... ...and if they end out in user's hands, then the end product was not good enough, and the "please understands" where made for nothing..

Well ...different points of view to consider and stuff. I still think that more in-depth option are always better.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Even more true. It is the simplicity that led to convolution. :wacko::shit:

What's baffling to me is that this is still an issue, two years after launch. The 3DS doesn't require you to jump into a separate menu to use DS software or DSi applications; it's all in the same menu. Even certain DS-specific settings, such as your name card, etc are baked into the 3DS's settings menu. This would lead me to believe that the lack of the same integration of Wii software into Wii U mode has to do with time constraints and a desire to get the system out on time. But that doesn't explain why it hasn't been fixed two years later, unless Nintendo just decided to stop caring about Wii mode.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's baffling to me is that this is still an issue, two years after launch. The 3DS doesn't require you to jump into a separate menu to use DS software or DSi applications; it's all in the same menu. Even certain DS-specific settings, such as your name card, etc are baked into the 3DS's settings menu. This would lead me to believe that the lack of the same integration of Wii software into Wii U mode has to do with time constraints and a desire to get the system out on time. But that doesn't explain why it hasn't been fixed two years later, unless Nintendo just decided to stop caring about Wii mode.
Well, there was an exploit on the 3DS that was used that worked through DS mode. It was probably initially a time constraint thing, but later decided to keep it separate due to what happened on the 3DS to prevent Wii exploits from enabling Wii U homebrew.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, there was an exploit on the 3DS that was used that worked through DS mode. It was probably initially a time constraint thing, but later decided to keep it separate due to what happened on the 3DS to prevent Wii exploits from enabling Wii U homebrew.
I highly doubt that homebrew/piracy is such a big issue that they without withhold such integration. If anything, integrating the two would probably make the current vWii exploits impossible, or harder to pull off since they'll be integrated into the current OS.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt that homebrew/piracy is such a big issue that they without withhold such integration. If anything, integrating the two would probably make the current vWii exploits impossible, or harder to pull off since they'll be integrated into the current OS.
Might not be that big of an issue, I don't really know the statistics, but Nintendo thinks it's a big enough issue to roll out firmware updates less than a week from each other. So I don't think it's much of a stretch for them to be sticking to the vWii to help isolate the Wii U from homebrew.

Also, they're not really making much money off of Wii anymore, so they're just focusing on their current platform. Just like how they stopped caring about DS flashcarts.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Might not be that big of an issue, I don't really know the statistics, but Nintendo thinks it's a big enough issue to roll out firmware updates less than a week from each other. So I don't think it's much of a stretch for them to be sticking to the vWii to help isolate the Wii U from homebrew.

Also, they're not really making much money off of Wii anymore, so they're just focusing on their current platform. Just like how they stopped caring about DS flashcarts.
If they're willing to roll out firmware updates frequently for that reason, then there's no reason why they'd keep vWii separate for that reason. Also, there's still a number of Wii games by Nintendo still in production. So they still make money off it. And showing that Wii games can be played just as hassle free on the Wii U would only help Nintendo sell it.

Also, last I checked, there's only one or two DS flash cards that still work on 3DS. The only reason Nintendo maybe stopped caring is because they effectively crushed the DS scene on 3DS.

Reactions: VMM

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they're willing to roll out firmware updates frequently for that reason, then there's no reason why they'd keep vWii separate for that reason. Also, there's still a number of Wii games by Nintendo still in production. So they still make money off it. And showing that Wii games can be played just as hassle free on the Wii U would only help Nintendo sell it.

Also, last I checked, there's only one or two DS flash cards that still work on 3DS. The only reason Nintendo maybe stopped caring is because they effectively crushed the DS scene on 3DS.
Usually, last generation systems will generate enough money still for them to want to continue trying to counter homebrew, but after a couple of years it dies down to the point where it's not that profitable to put in that much time and money. It's more profitable at that point to move the developers that are left working on last generation systems over to your current generation. Nintendo probably doesn't see it as profitable to develop a new firmware to allow the Wii U to run Wii games outside of the vWii. If Nintendo thought it would push a lot of sales to do that and there were no predictable security risk, they'd probably go for it. As it is, they probably don't see it as profitable.

At least the Wii U has backwards compatibility, even if it is rather crappy.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would hate achievements in any Nintendo games aside from the rewards for completing the game and limited demo usage makes 100% sense to me, but the other points seem valid.

Having achievements has no onus to any consumer and even if people are annoyed with that it could be simply resolved with a configuration to enable/disable it.

You're completely right about that (at least i my opinion).
All these controllers compability is very confusing for the consumer
and most would be easily avoidable through simple updates.

They could make Wii games that use Wii Classic Controller/Pro would be playable with WiiU Pro Controller.
On a next hardware revision they could support of all Wii Controllers and release a WiimoteU and NunchuckU,
been sold together, but been actual separate devices with their own bluetooth each.
These New controllers would replace the actual Wiimote, Nunchuck and WiimotionPlus.
This new controller would also work on WiiU(and maybe Wii), as a WiiRemote(+MotionPlus) and Nunchuck,
and if needed it would be made a update on WiiU(and maybe Wii) to make it possible to use.
While this is going on, Nintendo would stop producing the old Wii controllers and in a matter of time the confusion would be solved.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Having to disable something that annoys you would be an onus.

More of an onus than tons of people who want that feature to not have an option to enable/disable something at all?

If you honestly think that going into settings to disable a feature you dislike ONCE and never have to touch it again is worse than not having that option for tons of people who like it, then you're incredibly self-centered.

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
More of an onus than tons of people who want that feature to not have an option to enable/disable something at all?

If you honestly think that going into settings to disable a feature you dislike ONCE and never have to touch it again is worse than not having that option for tons of people who like it, then you're incredibly self-centered.

It doesn't matter if *you* want it, it poses an inconsistency between the enjoyment of the game and the need to get achievements, making it worse for the player to just play the game and have fun – something Nintendo prides itself on. It's really a simple UX measure that companies focus on (don't add things by default that create hassles and have an option to disable).

But I do enjoy the irony in me being self-centered when your response is that you must have something because you want it and I must disable it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv