Hardware Ask Nintendo to sharpen NES VC!!!

veelk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man. This annoys me to no end.
Blurry NES VC. As if that wasn't enough, the colors are faded too.
This would be such an easy fix for them, unlike something like input lag which would be very difficult if not impossible to fix.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-vc-vs-vwii-fceugx-emulator.360940/

http://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/1cmhf6/kirbys_adventure_nes_vc_looks_blurry_and_faded_on/

Here are links that talk about this, however I've provided an image on my own to give a clear example of what this is like.
3DS and Wii U BOTH are affected!!!!!!!!!!!

I wrote to: nintendo -at- noa.nintendo.com and they answered...

But if there's a better place to complain / suggest them to fix this, let me know.

kn20a7pQj

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I suppose technically the blurriness is more like playing on an original NES instead of an emulator.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if this was done on purpose to look more like a CRT. The GBA VC games that are on the 3DS are also much darker and less colorful than on something like VBA because that was how they looked on the OG GBA.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The "blur" doesn't look bad on 3DS. Just looks antialiased a bit.
Looks awful on Wii U though, it can't possibly be that bad. Need a capture from someone with a Wii U connected to their capture card to verify this.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if this was done on purpose to look more like a CRT. The GBA VC games that are on the 3DS are also much darker and less colorful than on something like VBA because that was how they looked on the OG GBA.
With GBA games, that's actually a good thing, as many of them were overly bright in order to compensate for that and so they look terrible on emulators.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA games actually look a lot better on the Wii U, that's because one, Nintendo hired M2 to write an emulator but two, the games use the color palettes on how they SHOULD have looked. Overly bright colors on most GBA emulators look like crap.

Reactions: injection18

veelk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right. Something everyone needs to understand:
The NES does NOT LOOK BLURRY on the original TV and Console set up. It looked quite sharp actually.
http://mikejmoffitt.com/img/tvrgb/WP_20131211_017.jpg

Look at the mountain outline. This is more or less how sharp it looks like from a REAL CONSOLE to a REAL TV.

Look at the SNK logo
http://rcadegaming.com/images/sony27arcade6.jpg
This is how a real TV looks. Not sure that's from a NES, but it shouldnt be much different at all.

The 3DS Antialising is bad. It distorts images completely. That example in the first post i made is REALLY from a 3DS capture card.
As for the Wii U example, that is not from a capture card cause I did not have one at the time, but I'll find a pic taken from it.

Edit: uploaded a pic of MegaMan (NES) running on Wii U VC captured from the console.
FADED AS HELL COLORS OMG BLURRYNESS

Attachments

• zlCfzSHhOjAU2kQ0ZR.jpg
    zlCfzSHhOjAU2kQ0ZR.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 399

veelk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I feel the VC colors and how well they look are simply a thing of personal taste and opinion.

If it was personal taste and opinion, they should have given options then. It's true, some people like blurryness and hate blockyness, but there should be the option, dont you think?

Reactions: VMM

Eurasiam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Wii U VC recording

- Original Nes recording

I actually played on both recently and I thought it was my recorder making my video dark. But man...i'm shocked. So much brighter and vibrant on an original NES

Reactions: Walker D and veelk

veelk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U VC recording
Original Nes recording

I actually played on both recently and I thought it was my recorder making my video dark. But man...i'm shocked. So much brighter and vibrant on an original NES

You see???? OMG That looks horrible on the Wii U. I understand that the NES didn't exactly have the best quality either, some pixels would mess up, but isnt the Wii U supposed to give us something that is at least the same or better? I wouldnt mind if it was the exact same as the NES. That would be kinda cool actually. Some NES emulators have NTSC filters for that. UGHHHHH I'm so frustrated. Can't we all complain now that we've seen those 2 videos? Thanks for posting btw :D

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Eurasiam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For context. i used a DVD recorder for the nes recording, and the wii u recording was with a PVR 2, incase that matters much. Its awesome how the nes actually had an output for video and mono audio. I loved playing on an orignal nes and will always love it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt