Hardware Anyone else having trouble with Nyko Wii U pad Battery?

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
TOLOLOL right? Well They should have taken it back but they wouldn't. Well now they'll have to deal with their corporate office.

EDIT: And the Gamestop is here in Milwaukee, WI. Located in the Riverwest Commons.

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ummmm yea, the return policy isn't determined by local stores. it is corporate policy. most of the time when i've seen that the local store of something screwed over the customer and they got ahold of corporate, manager of said store usually had to issue a personal apology and consume got some free shit :P

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, did they refuse to take it back AFTER you chopped off the connector?

Whatever the case you should still call Nyko as well as they are offering free stuff and a free replacement to many who have called with problems on the powerpak. At least in my case they did not ask for proof of purchase or to send the defective product back (others can chime in if it was the same for them...)

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still haven't gotten mine (got the email though), and I've been waiting a week.

Hey Joostin and everyone else who cares,
I just received my package from nyko today. It contained the Uboost and a Usb charging cable.
Took about 2 weeks to get here and it came by ups so look out for them if your expecting a package from nyko.

Surprising thing is, the package had a tracking number but i never received it from nyko or a email stating my package was shipped.
so i say if two weeks are up and you still haven't received anything, you should consider giving them a call.

Reactions: JoostinOnline

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to find my original thread.....

Anyway I just received my replacement power pak battery from nyko. They promised to send me one when they redesigned the hardware to fix the known issues with the power Pak for wii u. I almost thought it wasn't going to happen since they never had proof of purchase from me and didnt even give me a reference number. They had earlier sent me a free uboost and USB charging cable for it.

I haven't noticed anything different to tell it from the ones I had before. I am going to try it out and see if it works this time.

The only difference I noticed is the battery connector is flipped so that it no longer requires you to twist the wire to attatch it properly. You wouldn't be able to tell this unless you opened the package but this may be the hardware revision. This would make sense since based on the posters experience changing the connector on the crappy battery.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the official one just arrived today, installed it now it's charging

would you mind posting back after a week or 2 of high usage how the official battery is working and how much longer it lasts over the stock one. I (and others most likely) would like to know if its worth upgrading to over the stock battery.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh goodness. i play alot of MH3U and had ordered one from amazon due to the fact that the old battery only lasts so long.
as for the topic on hand, i have herd some people have been haveing this issue and others not so much. i think it's a hit and miss when it comes to this issue with the battery pack.

Honestly, for Monster Hunter, I would just pick up the WiiU Pro Controller. 50 bucks, and the thing never dies.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
would you mind posting back after a week or 2 of high usage how the official battery is working and how much longer it lasts over the stock one. I (and others most likely) would like to know if its worth upgrading to over the stock battery.
i'm not sure i'll be using the wii u again until ww hd is out though to test the heavy usage :P

wow it makes the gamepad a lot heavier that's for sure

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My replacement has been working perfectly. Looking at my last post I have been using it for almost a month now.

I have not done any scientific tests but I do not remember seeing a low battery light at all since I put it in. It is holding a charge and it is recharging with out issue.

I did get 2 different ones from gamestop that did not work before Nyko sent me the suppoedly revised version. As I stated the only difference I have noticed with the new one is I did not have to twist the wires in order for the connector to fit the gamepad.

mrbigreddog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My replacement battery works great too. I just emailed them and they sent an external battery for free. Then when the replacement was ready, sent that one free too.

I got 8.5 hours of play time without recharging.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • B
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: why be a sigma male when you could be a ligma male?