used wii u - prevent emmc failure and best practices?

grandosegood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey folks,

one of the wii u consoles i had suffers from the blinking blue light, so i'm looking for another one now. i'd like to preserve the next one i get as long as possible and try to prevent any accidental failure, since it will be the traveling party game system. in terms of preventive maintenance:

1) when turning on a wii u after a long period of inactivity, is it a good practice to just leave it on the main menu or run a game from a disc so the emmc/nand can warm back up or recharge (don't know if the terminology is correct). if so, how long should the 'bake in' period be before attempting a system update or any nand-intensive install? it seems like people run into the error after trying to install a game or update. i traditionally inject all my games to external hdd, so hopefully that would play a part in reducing nand wear

2) after properly modding the wii u for homebrew (including all proper dumps), is there any way to check the level of wear or quality of the emmc/nand?

3) if a console is connected to a previous nintendo ID, is the only way to go through nintendo support? what happens if i reset a console with the nintendo ID still connected to it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1