Hardware Anyone else having trouble with Nyko Wii U pad Battery?

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed it firmly, and it worked good for a while, but now it randomly shuts down. The battery life doesn't seem to be as good as it boasts either, though I haven't really timed it. I also have a Charge Station U. Before I got the nyko battery, it charged as it should, turning blue when fully charged. Now, it flashes from blue to orange. Seems like products by the same company should be compatible...

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea, there have been reported issues with that, you need to contact their support and let them know. from what I hear they have been setting up to send a free replacement (as soon as the revision is finished). and then you can take back Gamestop for refund.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i was gonna get one of these but after hearing about how much trouble peeps are having with them i decided to wait for the ninty battery instead.

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh goodness. i play alot of MH3U and had ordered one from amazon due to the fact that the old battery only lasts so long.
as for the topic on hand, i have herd some people have been haveing this issue and others not so much. i think it's a hit and miss when it comes to this issue with the battery pack.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one and I had issues w/ it BUT I managed to solve them: you'll have to twist the cable *at least twice* (two full rotations) and make sure the arrow on the connector is facing you--this way the cable has almost no slack and can't come loose. Give that a shot and see if it fixes it.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried 2 of them and they didnt hold a charge. The second one I tried out of the box and the initial charge lasted a good while but after trying to recharge it once it didnt work. Nyko tech support told me its a known issue, they asked for no proof of purchase and sent me a uboost and USB charge cable free. They are supposed to send me a new power Pak once they revise the hardware. I returned mine to GameStop for a full refund.

The uboost works great. Get that.

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
I ordered the Nyko Power Pack for Wii U and had connectivity and charging issues. I solved them by sniping Nintendo's connector off and soldering it onto Nyko's leads. Works perfect now!

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered the Nyko Power Pack for Wii U and had connectivity and charging issues. I solved them by sniping Nintendo's connector off and soldering it onto Nyko's leads. Works perfect now!

Wow, that's crazy. I noticed nothing weird about the Nyko connector, if that is in fact the problem with the battery that is ridiculous. It's 4pins, how hard is it to make a decent connector.

But yeah I hope it keeps working for you, in my experience soldering connectors on to cables is never a good solution. The solder breaks easily but since it's inside and not moving maybe it will be fine or else you will have 2 gimpy batteries.

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried 2 of them and they didnt hold a charge. The second one I tried out of the box and the initial charge lasted a good while but after trying to recharge it once it didnt work. Nyko tech support told me its a known issue, they asked for no proof of purchase and sent me a uboost and USB charge cable free. They are supposed to send me a new power Pak once they revise the hardware. I returned mine to GameStop for a full refund.

The uboost works great. Get that.

i was also promised a free uboost in the mail. I got the email about 1-2 weeks ago but havent received anything in the mail yet.
Did you receive yours straight away or are you waiting like i am.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was also promised a free uboost in the mail. I got the email about 1-2 weeks ago but havent received anything in the mail yet.
Did you receive yours straight away or are you waiting like i am.
I don't remember ever getting an email but my free stuff showed up pretty quick. I think it was like 3 or 4 days after calling them.

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using my battery for about a week or two strait. No issues yet. I kinda like it very good battery life, what baffled me is the fact that there was so much room for it and Nintendo put in such a small battery.

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I didn't return it as the local Gamestop I bought it from does not accept any return :(. I told them what my issue was and they said they couldn't do anything. To me that's BS.. So I emailed their corporate office directly and complained. Now we'll see what they say.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I didn't return it as the local Gamestop I bought it from does not accept any return :(. I told them what my issue was and they said they couldn't do anything. To me that's BS.. So I emailed their corporate office directly and complained. Now we'll see what they say.

What local gamestop is that? Sounds criminal to me, the battery is defective, they have to take it back in my view. I ordered mine online and returned it to the brick and mortar gamestop...no issues. Gamestop also offered to give me the PowerPak free after my pre-order kept getting delayed....I eventually asked for and got the Uboost for free instead. So all in all I got two Uboosts free and a USb Charging cable and I am supposed to get the revised PowerPak as well from Nyko, oh yeah and some free Wii U stylus from gamestop when they said the power pak was in and I showed up and all they had was a U boost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Ken it takes one to know one?