Not open for further replies.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RyoSaeba said:
Oh, now I have proof that the post is just probably a commercial from Twin Star. Their pictures actually give their stupid fake spam away! Let me break it down for you:

compair1.jpg

Their stick-on logo clearly stated on the "real" box... How convenient...

compair2.jpg

Their own pictures contradicts themselves! I've circled the different parts in what they claim as "real" R4 in RED... hahaha

Buncha morons using someone elses photos.

And hahaha on any of you who believed in that announcement...

I'm gonna see if I can post this on the Chinese BBS to bust their balls...
rofl2.gif
The one on the right is first-gen
It has a spring

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RyoSaeba said:
Oh, now I have proof that the post is just probably a commercial from Twin Star. Their pictures actually give their stupid fake spam away! Let me break it down for you:

compair1.jpg

Their stick-on logo clearly stated on the "real" box... How convenient...

compair2.jpg

Their own pictures contradicts themselves! I've circled the different parts in what they claim as "real" R4 in RED... hahaha

Buncha morons using someone elses photos.

And hahaha on any of you who believed in that announcement...

I'm gonna see if I can post this on the Chinese BBS to bust their balls...
rofl2.gif

the image on the right (front pic of card) is V1 R4 with mem card spring loader and all fins across the circuitboard edge connector!

the image on the left (back of card) is V2 R4 with no spring loader for the mem card has kinda grippy dips at the top of the cart either side so you can hold it ? or so i was lead to think ?? and no fins along the edge connector just one at each side
smile.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ivoire said:
R4No2-.png

That one.

Before opening it, it had an R4 Revolution for DS sticker (NDSL/NDS)

That is not an original R4 but your fist one on page 11 is, this one looks like it would be a lot more expensive to produce than the R4.

ninja_07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Well maybe those images werent actually posted with the announcement, they've been around for ages, and if you read the first post correctly it says "Here is an official announcement by Team R4 at their official chinese forum"

Anyway, is there an easy way of finding the serial number wihtout opening the chip up?

RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
the image on the right (front pic of card) is V1 R4 with mem card spring loader and all fins across the circuitboard edge connector!

the image on the left (back of card) is V2 R4 with no spring loader for the mem card has kinda grippy dips at the top of the cart either side so you can hold it ? or so i was lead to think ?? and no fins along the edge connector just one at each side
smile.gif

Yes I understand that but if they were going to post a comparison, wouldn't you think they be more detailed about it? Like saying this is 1st gen, this is 2nd gen, and what about the white ones?

It looks like a half ass commercial someone put together in 5 minutes trying to get people to buy from Twin Star... Incomplete, unprofessional comparison. Doesn't seem like something the R4 Team would do.

ninja_07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
That's what I'm getting at! That image there was probably bought up by the OP, not the R4 team.

RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ninja_07 said:
Well maybe those images werent actually posted with the announcement, they've been around for ages, and if you read the first post correctly it says "Here is an official announcement by Team R4 at their official chinese forum"

Anyway, is there an easy way of finding the serial number wihtout opening the chip up?

So why isn't there a link to that forum? The hacken.cc is a forum from Hong Kong. It's written in Traditional Chinese. The R4 Web site is in simplified Chinese. If anything, an official R4 forum would be in simplified Chinese and have a direct link on the Chinese R4 website. I don't buy it at all.

Nobody has ever make something this dramatic. If they are real and have half a brain cell, they will disable all fake R4 and NOT brick any DS. Bricking DS will only limit their customer potential. AND like other people are saying, some people didn't intend to buy fake R4. Why hurt them? It's a scared tactic to get people to buy from Twin Star... and how convenient that their logo is right there in the pictures! They would never make a post in a Hong Kong website when the R4 is made in China. The post is just too fake.

Less DS means less people buying flash carts. Chinese people don't do stuff without making profit. Period.

RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ninja_07 said:
I like to think that this must be believable if it got onto the home page of gbatemp..

Me too. But there's just too many contradictions. And if it said the announcement came from the R4 official forum, why isn't it linked there but instead to a Hong Kong forum?

Where the hell is the R4 Official Forum anyway? Does it even exist? The R4 is so popular, wouldn't you think a lot of people would know it?

ninja_07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
I'm sure one of the older members will be able to clear it up.

Here's My R4, can anyone confirm if it's real/fake, almost everything points towards real, but the white text that pokes out in the circle is worrying
r4ey6.jpg

ninja_07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
It's just a mark on the circuitboard, and all R4's seem to have it, but i don't know if its meant to poke out like that

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, on my R4, it pokes out a little bit more. We won't know if it should be there or not, until someone contacts team R4...

RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry about it being fake or real. There won't be a new firmware that'll disable your DS. If your R4 works now, it'll work tomorrow... it'll work on Sept 15... it'll work in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/PMCaXL2sGpc?si=jAKEK_yJL318jk17 lol