Status
Not open for further replies.

ahtin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
for the members that think this is a "TwinStar" commercial ad, "Twinstar" have no R4 selling for a few months because of the law in Hong Kong have been changed that selling a flashcard that can play commercial game is illegal now. The picture from the frontpage of Gbatemp is a old picture and that picture is a first gen R4 which have spring and compare with a buit-in memory fake R4

for why no 1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen R4 photo, the official answer is "this is for the user who want to buy R4 and seller to check with their R4 is fake or not between today and 15 Sep"

QUOTE said:
??????????????????????????????????????????????R4??????????????

for why 15 Sep, the official answer is becasue "Team R4 make this decisssion after communcation with Team SC, when Team SC kill the fake SC last time (SC miniSD), it is too hurry, the killing fake firmware launch together with the announcement from SC make lots of complain, they dont want the people who dont know the truth to lose this time.

QUOTE?????R4????SC?????????R4????????SC??????????????????????????????????????????

Hayatkaizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahtin said:
for the members that think this is a "TwinStar" commercial ad, "Twinstar" have no R4 selling for a few months because of the law in Hong Kong have been changed that selling a flashcard that can play commercial game is illegal now. The picture from the frontpage of Gbatemp is a old picture and that picture is a first gen R4 which have spring and compare with a buit-in memory fake R4

for why no 1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen R4 photo, the official answer is "this is for the user who want to buy R4 and seller to check with their R4 is fake or not between today and 15 Sep"

QUOTE said:
??????????????????????????????????????????????R4??????????????

for why 15 Sep, the official answer is becasue "Team R4 make this decisssion after communcation with Team SC, when Team SC kill the fake SC last time (SC miniSD), it is too hurry, the killing fake firmware launch together with the announcement from SC make lots of complain, they dont want the people who dont know the truth to lose this time.

QUOTE?????R4????SC?????????R4????????SC??????????????????????????????????????????

And a lot of people got fool by that too, for example a card look exactly like R4 but inside is actually N5 , TT or E7

RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Why is it so hard to believe? These contradictions are perfectly normal. First off the twin-star logo, the other box had another logo, does that mean these two companies are working together? That's just stupid.

The two pictures with contradicting R4s, as mentionned already, they are of two different versions.

Now official link to forum, go to the Chinese official R4 site, and you will notice that Hacken is one of the two sites listed as their forums.

I don't think there is any scam or tricks involved to somehow help a store. I think this is genuinely an announcement (could be a bluff though).

Dude, the "other box" also has a big ass "FAKE" word under it. Are you that naive? It means "company a" is selling fakes, "Company B" selling real. The other company is their big competitor in HK. geesuz crist.

The 2 different version I know but if they are doing an announcement, wouldn't you think they'd compare all versions using their own photos and products?

The link to a forum is just the front page. Anyone can post on a forum and that's what that guy did. He's probably the owner of twinstar...

jesterscourt: you hit the nail right on the head. There are so many alternatives out there, why take a chance and buy another R4? That announcement gets faker by every post here.

QUOTEfor the members that think this is a "TwinStar" commercial ad, "Twinstar" have no R4 selling for a few months because of the law in Hong Kong have been changed that selling a flashcard that can play commercial game is illegal now. The picture from the frontpage of Gbatemp is a old picture and that picture is a first gen R4 which have spring and compare with a buit-in memory fake R4

Wrong and Wrong! Do your research before you post! They are STILL selling R4's right on their webpage! It's their god damn 1st item in their products page!

http://www.twinstar.hk/products/

Besides, they can always sell it under the table. Don't you know anything about the real world?

Killing fake SC makes sense. Maybe people will go out buy a real SC.
Killing DS so people can't buy a real R4 to play does not make sense. Get it? Think people, think!

Debunking the announcement:
-The announcement was made on a Hong Kong forum. R4s are made, sold, and distributed from China.
-Official R4 Team would compare ALL their versions to all fake versions if they were to do a real comparison.
-Official photos would not contain any company logos. Of all the thousands of places selling R4's, why use a box that has a company name on it? And it so happens to be in a Hong Kong forum with a company based in HK? How convenient.
-No announcements are made on their official website, Chinese or English version...
-Killing DS only makes for less customers.

I don't see how any of you can still think the announcement is real. If you were Team R4, and you were going to make this BIG announcement, wouldn't you post on your official page? Like in the front page?

Ugh, you guys are killing me here!
wacko.gif

RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soujiroseta said:
I entered their website today (www.r4ds.com), and found the famous text in one of their forums

http://www.ndsbbs.com/read.php?tid=184028

what do you think?

Sorry dude... as hopeful as you think, their official website does NOT contain ANY announcements.

The link you post is just another forum that saw the fake announcement and thought it was real and repost it. Just like gbatemp did. Look at the poster, he's a noob.

FAKE FAKE FAKE!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
noodle976 said:
"original at left, fake at right"
20080703_f5facd52a6c63f5150bbMU7Xz85RDpvj.jpg

my cart doesn't look like that....
My cart doesn't have those curves on the sides near the top. My card's the one with the spring. Is this the new one without the spring? also, are those pictures of the microSD carved in or do they have the picture kind of drawn on?

my r4 is real, i took it apart and everything matches with the photos except for the description in the 'msd' symbol photo. pretty sure he listed that backwards, as mine has the more 'pointed' area on the symbol.

making the one on the left fake and the one on the right real.

check this post: http://www.ndsbbs.com/read.php?tid=184028
all the fake things are circled and you will noticed its the image of the one on the left.

-another world

ahtin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
http://www.r4ds.com/contact.htm

there are two forum links in the official contact page

I am not member of Team R4, but I have contact point for Team R4, M3, G6, EWIN, TT, NC, EDGE, EZ, SC, AK etc.... , what I am doing is posting information which provided by these company in China , Taiwan and Hong Kong forum.

I dont know why they dont make this at their official website and I hope they will do it later.

I know the REAL world in Hong Kong much more than you I think, R4 is a famous card all around the world, Hong Kong custom focus on them is a MUST. Hong Kong custom have an operation for local shop last month, you only can buy flashcart or modded console in some tiny shop, and this is THE REAL WORLD I live.

The first gen compare photo is provided by Twinstar, thats why there is a logo on the photo, everyone know the fake R4 at that time is a NC Clone with R4 lable.

You can choose to believe it or not, actually I dont care about this, the only thing I care about is when will SONY provide PS3 Ver2.4x UPGRADE for us, I have already install the V2.4 firmware and I dont want my PS3 show screensaver but not XMB at startup someday.

Hayatkaizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
wait the announcement is fake?

If you are talking about R4 II & R4 III , yes they are fake card
If you are talking about the announcement at page 1 , it is real

ps: picture only , I didn't say the whole announcement is real

ahtin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
noodle976 said:
"original at left, fake at right"
20080703_f5facd52a6c63f5150bbMU7Xz85RDpvj.jpg

my cart doesn't look like that....
My cart doesn't have those curves on the sides near the top. My card's the one with the spring. Is this the new one without the spring? also, are those pictures of the microSD carved in or do they have the picture kind of drawn on?

my r4 is real, i took it apart and everything matches with the photos except for the description in the 'msd' symbol photo. pretty sure he listed that backwards, as mine has the more 'pointed' area on the symbol.

making the one on the left fake and the one on the right real.

-another world

Everything matches for mine including the symbol.
I thought mine was pointy at first too. The trick is to not tilt it left and right, tilt it away from you.

Hayatkaizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahtin said:
Hayatkaizer said:
QUOTE said:
wait the announcement is fake?

If you are talking about R4 II & R4 III , yes they are fake card
If you are talking about the announcement at page 1 , it is real

ps: of course official website doesn't contain announcement, usually announcement is locate at http://www.hacken.cc/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=295413

or

Other forum talk about it too, but since there is fake R4 , the percentage of trust it, is not that high tho

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
RyoSaeba said:
soujiroseta said:
I entered their website today (www.r4ds.com), and found the famous text in one of their forums

what do you think?

Sorry dude... as hopeful as you think, their official website does NOT contain ANY announcements.

The link you post is just another forum that saw the fake announcement and thought it was real and repost it. Just like gbatemp did. Look at the poster, he's a noob.

FAKE FAKE FAKE!

reason why i asked

RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahtin said:
http://www.r4ds.com/contact.htm

I know the REAL world in Hong Kong much more than you I think, R4 is a famous card all around the world, Hong Kong custom focus on them is a MUST. Hong Kong custom have an operation for local shop last month, you only can buy flashcart or modded console in some tiny shop, and this is THE REAL WORLD I live.

The Real world I'm talking about always sells what the customers want. Illegal or not. Twinstar is still selling it. Their website still has it. Go there and you will see they will sell it to you. That's the real world. HK people, like Chinese, will do almost anything to make a buck. I live in China, I know how it is here. People in HK aren't much different. Everyone there is playing pirated games. Oh yeah, the police can take down a few... but they'll just run around the corner and come right back. This is the real world my friend.

RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hayatkaizer said:
That is correct, but some people doesn't believe, believe it or not is up to them
ps: other HK forum also talking about it too

This is called a viral post. Just like viral spam mail. Someone reads it, then without any common sense to take a few minutes to do some research and break it down, they repost it on another forum they know. That forum will have people reading it and doing the same thing. The disease spreads quickly though naive people without doing ANY research and ANY confirmation, not to mention common sense.

The people at Twinstar are banking on the naive people that saw the ad, and say "Hey, twinstar is selling REAL R4s! It must be real cuz that picture said it's real! I'm gonna buy it from them!"

People who use common sense will think about it for 10 seconds and conclude with: I'll just buy another brand of cart, JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE.

If the R4 was the ONLY flash cart available, that announcement might work. But it's not. There are many many better alternatives.

Hayatkaizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't wanna believe it then don't, I never said I believe it , mind your own business ... I won't bother with this thing anyway ... you also don't have the right to tell ppl what to believe , well okay there is still no confirmation that the announcement is 100% real , for people who wanna believe it let them , for people don't let them , all I wanna say is the picture to determine real or fake card is true ...

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The images telling the differences between real and fake R4 are right. But everything else is probably fake.

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh joy, heat wave all week where i live
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus there's thunder and lightning outside, and it'll rain soon, there's somehow no tornado watch tho
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and to make it worse, the heat didn't sway my brother away from wanting to spend some time swimming on his birthday tomorrow
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah, my mom's basement is just for the weekends to check in on the family
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i usually live in your mom's basement
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +3
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck this heatwave, i don't usually sleep with a fan, but i believe the fan is getting put on the bed rather than beside it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S 12:30 IN THE FUCKING MORNING AND IT'S STILL 78°, WHAT THE FUCK?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    78º seems abnormal for any part of the day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it was 96 F for the high, 78 F for the low today, in Ohio, bout same for bakerman in Michigan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    F- fahrenheit C-Celsius. We in USA use F as our temp ratings
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: F- fahrenheit C-Celsius. We in USA use F as our temp ratings